Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 06:59 PM

Car Info: Subaru?
Talking

somebody needs to put this on craigslist
Old 08-25-2005, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 06 Evolution IX MR Graphite Gray
Originally Posted by brucelee
Should I keep this crappy *** thread open? Perhaps sticky it and link another thread (one started by me about Stevens creek sucks, and edit the first post of this thread and add the link?), or just let it be?
I vote for leaving it alone, as well as allowing Brian to maintain his account here to respond to the posts here. I also highly recommend promoting this thread to every automotive-related website and forum possible, including ones that are not related to Subaru at all. Why? Because that will encourage owners of other manufacturers' vehicles to do the same thing when they encounter ****ty dealers. And there's also the possibility of preventing someone's friend / relative / co-worker who is considering buying a Subaru from choosing a bad dealer.

Just my couple hundred pesos.

-Bis
Old 08-25-2005, 10:50 PM

yeah, i vote let it run its course...it'll die some time..

and in a year someone else from steven's creek will come back and try to do thet same thing..heh
Old 08-25-2005, 11:00 PM

Car Info: 2005 Blue STi Gold Wheels Piggy Stickers!!!
Thumbs up Well if you want to make a difference..

I say we all show up in our subarus and then picket the dealership.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRB Wagon
what a waste of gas, unless there was free food and a show or something...
Old 08-26-2005, 12:16 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by gilmore25
Wow With this many bad experiences how do they stay in business...
I don't recall the details, but, Stevens Creek Subaru is one of the leaders in sales for Subarus in SOA.

I was told by someone that formally worked there that they were mostly Internet and Fleet sales and not made by walk-ins.

I honestly think that a big part of the problem is, as I posted before, I don't think family members should be allowed on the lot, even if they are working.

The relatives of the owner, of which I am certain Brain is, should not be working there. Due to time and circumstances, they have learned not to behave well. They have no fear of being disciplined for their behavior. They should not be interacting with customers. They should not be in a position of authority over the employees.

Their disdane for either the customers and/or the owner transferes out to the employees. This is a big part of the Stevens Creek Subaru "magic", poor customer interactions, due to poor managment. "Do as I say, not as I do" - doesn't work on kids, dogs or employees.

Brian seems sincere, but he has pasted himself into a situation where, since he is the owners son he can do no wrong, he is overbearing and expects everyone to behave as he says - but he isn't addressing his own short commings.

This thread has gotten a heck of a lot of attention here, and I have multiple replies because the more good places and people in the suby community, the better the community becomes.

Steven's Creek Subaru, still isn't a good place, and I see no evidence that it will become one any time soon.

Last edited by AntiochCali; 08-26-2005 at 12:39 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-26-2005, 01:24 AM

Car Info: lowered blk04 with no motor
i went there one nite. 3 guys who worked there looked at me and one of them helped someone else instead
Old 08-26-2005, 08:18 AM

Car Info: 2005 Blue STi Gold Wheels Piggy Stickers!!!
Thumbs up

Well said Antiochcali..
Well Drew we could always bring a BBQ and make a day of it..
I think in the end so many folks have had less than steller experiances at Stevens Creek that for a dealer like that they would need to fire everyone, move to a different location and change their name.
I for one think the the Subaru community by large sticks together. Outsid eof moms who walk in and by legacys, or foresters, those of us who own WRX's and STi's know each other and we promote doing business with companies who a standup and honest. Steven's Creek has never gotten to that point, and I doubt they ever will. I am not a pesimist, but since there organization is not floundering and seems to survive why change.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
FWIW, I have now sent 4 people who have bought Subaru's to Santa Cruz, who would have otherwise purchased from Stevens Creek. A WRX wagon, an Outback Sport and two Outbacks. Competition is a wonderful thing...two words: Customer Service.
Edit: Make that 5 vehicles. My buddy just bought an Outback XT from Carlsen, because he was advised by myself and others that Stevens Creek offered poor customer service...

He got a blue one with leather and moonroof. The car is very nice!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
bump

cuz this thread pwns
Old 08-26-2005, 02:57 PM

I think Brian has figured out that the more he contributes..the more flack he and SCS gets.

Unless Brian decides to grace us with his presence again, this thread will probably die out quickly..
Old 08-26-2005, 02:58 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
In reference to the thread title.......................they opened.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 06 Evo MR
Steven's Creek I hate your dealership. I hate your attitude and lack of professionalism and courtesy that pervades even the half decent people who work there.

For the last 5 years I've avoided your dealership for purchases of my vehicles and maintenance simply because I can't stand your methods and know that you will infuriate me at one end or another. There's nothing you could do to repair this.

I travel an extra 40 miles just to have simple service done at Subaru of Santa Cruz because they are friendly, fair and honest. You suck.

What would make SC subaru a hit would be entirely new management and staff. All of them. Everyone who in the last 10 years has ever had any dealing or position/influence with that dealership would have to be terminated. And new staff consisting of professionals/enthusiasts would have to run it.

Then I would go there to buy and oil filter. As it stands I hate having to even think about your dealership. Oh and fire monkey boy who drives the corvette.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
maybe that is what he is trying to do....

so.....

BUMP!
Originally Posted by tedshred
this thread will probably die out quickly..
Old 08-26-2005, 04:23 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
The thread is looking more and more like a flame thread than a discussion topic..
Of course with the beforementioned dealer and its problems and the question that is asked, i guess it was inevitable...

Tim

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?