Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Silky
Not too long ago your service department was crooked.

They wanted to replace my entire wiring loom THAT's the $700 plus LOOM you jerks for a simple fix. Guess what I drove down to subaru of santa cruz and Bruce dianosed it in about 30 seconds and gave me a new fuse for free. Yeah....

Free new fuse from Santa Cruz subaru

or Rape job from Steven's creek. Steven's Creek is either too dishonest or incompetent to properly diagnose what was wrong with my cars lights.

That was just one episode. I have more but I'd have to dig through the archives of i-club and nasioc to find them because of course I posted them so people would stay away from your lousy dealership.

- I don't have time right now to read through 10 pages of hate but in case no one else mentioned it you charge too much for labor and repair work too. That's in addition to the times when you just flat out try to rip people off.

Santa Cruz Subaru OWNS you.

Oh and while my hate is stirred up; what's up with you marking your cars up 10k? Don't give us the "high demand super ultra exclusive wrx STi crap" I mean really? Other dealerships aren't as greedy as you.
When did this occur? Was it actually diagnosed? As far as pricing is concerned I talk to the Subaru service rep and parts rep Mike and Larry and the pricing between all Bay Area stores is almost the same. Maybe because they gave you better service you justified the price. I agree with you 100% that the service and parts department had their share of problems before.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
did you read the post about the potential fight that was caused because of your dishonest finance dept. its like, what do you expect when a customer gets lied to? that we will just buckle under the pressure and sign a contract that binds us into paying more than we agreed to without even knowing it? yeah that sounds fair and not at all shady. news flash, customers like vendors who are straight forward and honest. the days of the pushy salesmen are over, pal. now thats straight from the horses mouth....

but i will say that the modesty and humility you are showing here is a good start. but remember its only a start.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:16 AM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by tedshred
haha no..
I bought an '05 STI

The car i got a test drive in was an '04.
Smart choice then. I'd rather get an '05 for ~32k than an '04. That was a total rip...

Tim
Old 08-25-2005, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Hey Brian...its Ted...I spoke with you at the ESX event a few weeks back....I am planning on getting my car to you soon for the work we had talked about.....I have decided that I am gonna give you guys another chance (for the recalls). But honestly....I am very nervous about leaving my car there....and I have decided that I do NOT want to be without my car while it goes to the body shop, I have lived with those scratches for awhile now...and can continue to do so. So anyways...when would be a good time to bring it in? The recalls shouldn't take more than about 15mins to fix.....so I'll just wait for my baby.

-Ted
Just give me a call or call Marcus and let him know when you want to bring it in. We don't have a body shop so it wouldn't be us who fixes the scratches we would send it out. Don't worry we wouldn't pay the shop unless they did it right.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:24 AM

Car Info: 2011 STi
Thumbs down

i've been reading this thread and hesitating to post my experience. but here goes.

This happend almost 2 months ago

My gf and I went there to check on the new Tribeca just to see it and hopefully to purchase one (for my brother, who went to get their tribeca 3 weeks ago at oakland). she just got a new mitsubishi for like 3 months ago, and this sales person just keep on insisting to trade her car in.. i mean seriously annoying. i told this guy that it was for me and not her, so try to take it easy on her. and yet, kept insisting that she shud trade it in to get the tribeca.

we just ignore this salesperson and while my gf is luking at the tribeca, i tried talking to a different salesperson about the '06 Sti model (considering to trade my car in). I asked some general question. and he can't even stand up to speak to me professionally.
he was just literally sitting his a$$ of on his chair, like he's enjoying his favorite show. TAKE NOTE: this is a different salesperson. I was hoping to get better service because it was a slow day. I was the only person on that dealership that day.

it just annoyed the hell out of us and just looked at the tribeca as quick as we can and leave the dealership. i didn't want to waste my gas just to be blown away by this annoying salesperson.

I don't mind people trying to work... but people who just doesn't get when to stop just annoys me. I know there's not a lot of subaru dealer close by, but that's another good reason why i might stick to oakland subaru delaer.

Wow, i can't believe after writing this msg gives me a high blood pressure.
i thought it would help to vent out , but come to think of it.. remembering that experience just messed up my day.

Last edited by yapster; 08-25-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
I didn't read any of this thread, but will provide you with a couple anecdotes.

- The one and only time I had Stevens Creek do warranty work, it was to repair a broken power window. The clips which hold the inner door panel on were broken, and the panel has rattled ever since then, your service department denied it, rudely I might add.
- I bumped into a guy I work with in the parking lot and he saw that I had a Subaru. He and his SO just moved from the east coast and he asked me where I got my car serviced. He then mentioned that they had brought their Outback to Stevens Creek and were treated rudely, and he got the impression that they he was being ripped off. I told him that Santa Cruz is far superior and he thanked me.

FWIW, I have now sent 4 people who have bought Subaru's to Santa Cruz, who would have otherwise purchased from Stevens Creek. A WRX wagon, an Outback Sport and two Outbacks. Competition is a wonderful thing...two words: Customer Service.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:29 AM

Car Info: '16 GTI, '02 Miata SE
Lightbulb We need permanent changes

Originally Posted by thefreak
Hey Bay Area! I've never really introduced myself...My name is Brian Bakhtiari and I am one of the managers here at Stevens Creek Subaru. I was just wondering if you have had any bad experiences with us in the past, what they were and what (if anything) was done on our part to resolve the issue. Whether it be here or in person, I would like to talk to you guys/gals and see what we can do to resolve any issues you have had with us in the past.
Brian, there is a lot of work to be done to regain the trust of the community here. To get this done in an efficient manner, I would recommend gathering a focus group of about 6 to 10 members from this board to sit down with the decision makers at Stevens Creek. Please remember to thank them properly after all the hard work is done. The purpose of this focus group is not to dig up the past, even though that would set up the foundation of what needs to be changed, but instead to set up new policies and procedures of how customers should be treated. What happens now when a customer complains of bad service? Is there a procedure for the employee to be counciled or reprimanded? Is there a procedure of notifying the dissatisfied customer that the situation has been corrected. I have worked for an organization where a lot of time and effort had been put into making sure that the customers were treated properly. The complaints that came in ranged from use of unprofessional language to unnecessary use of deadly force. Because the policies and procedures were in place, the cases were dealt with in a consistent manner, no matter the severity of the case. I highly recommend having these policies and procedures in place and in writing. On top of creating these guidelines, the entire staff has to be trained and has to agree to uphold these policies and procedures, from the top to the bottom of the entire company architecture. I know that there are quite a few of us here who will be willing to go through such an exercise with your company because we have a lot to gain from setting Stevens Creek straight. We have wanted a local dealership that we can befriend for a long time, but never had the opportunity with Stevens Creek. We can start here and now.

Last edited by Stock Y-gon; 08-25-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Yin

see here's the problem. stevens creek subaru is in a high traffic area, most people who step foot into this place dont know there are better places to go, so they just buy there, locally. these people dont go on boards so they dont know the market value or the ridiculous markups that occur. so stevens creek still makes money. implementing new policies takes time which equals money. if sales are already good enough, theres no reason to invest in better customer service if they wont benefit too much from it. now, if the dealership is indeed hurting for more business, then yes, they would need to make an active move to change things.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Yin
see here's the problem. stevens creek subaru is in a high traffic area, most people who step foot into this place dont know there are better places to go, so they just buy there, locally. these people dont go on boards so they dont know the market value or the ridiculous markups that occur. so stevens creek still makes money. implementing new policies takes time which equals money. if sales are already good enough, theres no reason to invest in better customer service if they wont benefit too much from it. now, if the dealership is indeed hurting for more business, then yes, they would need to make an active move to change things.
I totally agree. If their business were going well enough, they would not be here trying to get us to stop hating them. By them coming on to here to say that they want to change things, I would like for them to prove it by investing time and money into it. If that does not happen, I am more than up for spending a few hours on a Saturday in a picketing line at their store front to alert unsuspecting customers of what they are in for if they step foot in there. I have talked to Mercury News before on doing an article on the unscrupulous business tactics that Stevens Creek uses, but they were unwilling because Stevens Creek advertises with them. I have spoken to local news channels but they didn't want to do a news feature unless a major incident happens there. I am completely open to any ideas that will either make them run better or that will stop them from running their business as usual.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Yin

wasnt there some local news segment where they go around to shoddy bay area businesses to investigate how crappy they are based on customers calling in to the news station? it was like 'ABC or KRON on your side' or something like that.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Yin
wasnt there some local news segment where they go around to shoddy bay area businesses to investigate how crappy they are based on customers calling in to the news station? it was like 'ABC or KRON on your side' or something like that.
yes... it was ABCs "7 on your side".

Tim
Old 08-25-2005, 11:01 AM

Both KRON4 and ABC7 have similar news segments, but they only involve themselves if there are specific complaints, and not just that the business is unfriendly to customers.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Yin

i'd say that the fight that almost ensued with ibluevirus' friend is a pretty specific complaint. lol
Old 08-25-2005, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Yin
i'd say that the fight that almost ensued with ibluevirus' friend is a pretty specific complaint. lol

As well as the specific complaints about lying to customers.. I think that is pretty significant..

Tim
Old 08-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by Yin
why dont you just order from subaruparts.com and get like ten at once. and at a good price too. then youll never need to go to the stealership for like two years.
i never save money and can't afford 10 at once lol.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?