Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
TEDSHRED,

should have went to carlsen. When you say no add ons they never ask again.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:00 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by tedshred
I bought an STI at stevens creek subaru about 3 months ago.

My experience goes as follows.
Almost from the moment i stepped out of my car, I had a salesperson approach me. I indicated that I wanted to test drive an STI. I mentioned that I had bypassed other dealers I had been to because non were willing to allow me (31 year old *******), to test drive the car.
After a short discussion, the salesperson got the keys to a used '04 STI and we tok the car out for a spin. I believe the car had 16k miles on it.. so it was obviously broken in. I didnt really get on the gas too much although I did take a couple of quick corners.

Once we returned to the dealership, we went in to discuss terms. I selected the specific vehicle on the lot that I wanted.

The deal:
First of all stevens creek subaru marks up the STI from it sbase price of 32k to 39k. I was pretty sure that this happened everywhere.. at least in the bay area being that this is thier top of the line car. I was dissappointed to discover that this is not the case.
I negotiate the price from 39k down to 34k. The insisted that because of hte popularity of the car, they felt some markup was reasonable. Fine.

We negotiated my trade in. They didnt offer me much on my trade-in but in the end, I was really just interested in the OTD price. 3 hours or so of back and forth and finally I got terms that were acceptable for me.
wow! 39K?? for a used '04 Sti with 16kmiles? Even though you got it down to 34k (or maybe a bit less?), that is still way too much. That is just highway robbery if that is true...

Santa Cruz Subaru sold me a brand new (9 miles) white '05 sti with short shift kit, updated security system/keyless entry, Autodimming mirror and compass, and a performance gauge pack for 32k flat (before tax licensing and trade-in). I lived in Union City and I'm so glad i drove there to get my car. Plus, i had a mucho fun drive on 17 on the way back.

Tim
Old 08-24-2005, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by iBlueVirus

So, that was my Monday night. How was yours?
HOLY CRAP!!!! If this is true... Brian... You got some 'splainin' to do.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Hey Brian...its Ted...I spoke with you at the ESX event a few weeks back....I am planning on getting my car to you soon for the work we had talked about.....I have decided that I am gonna give you guys another chance (for the recalls). But honestly....I am very nervous about leaving my car there....and I have decided that I do NOT want to be without my car while it goes to the body shop, I have lived with those scratches for awhile now...and can continue to do so. So anyways...when would be a good time to bring it in? The recalls shouldn't take more than about 15mins to fix.....so I'll just wait for my baby.

-Ted

Last edited by GotBoost?; 08-24-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
^ Brass *****

Edit:
Hey Ted WTF are our AV's
Old 08-24-2005, 05:25 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by samurai
wow! 39K?? for a used '04 Sti with 16kmiles? Even though you got it down to 34k (or maybe a bit less?), that is still way too much. That is just highway robbery if that is true...

Santa Cruz Subaru sold me a brand new (9 miles) white '05 sti with short shift kit, updated security system/keyless entry, Autodimming mirror and compass, and a performance gauge pack for 32k flat (before tax licensing and trade-in). I lived in Union City and I'm so glad i drove there to get my car. Plus, i had a mucho fun drive on 17 on the way back.

Tim

werd. I got my brand new 05 with SS, alarm, sub, mirror, mats, locks, arm rest
with 12 miles on it for 31.4k

I paid 12 dollars at stevens creek for a ****ing oil filter/washer. YOu better believe I'm never coming back
Old 08-24-2005, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Forester XT Touring (Dark Gray Metallic)
Originally Posted by samurai
I think Ted bought a brand new 2005, but was offered to test drive the 2004.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
I dunno.....but I want mine....thats jacked that Alex offered those, then didnt follow through.....

also, I just read IBlueVirus's post from his buddies blog....I am already nervous as it is, I think I changed my mind again, I can live with the scratches....I have thus far, and will continue to do so....and BTW, that story sounds just like them, I dunno if the service dept. has changed (I have heard it did) but have no new experience with them, and dont know if I want any experiences either.

edit: it wasnt me that bought a 2005....I love my bugeye.....BUGEYES 4EVER!

-Ted

edited: