Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by illogical
This was about July 2004 when it all started, and it was finally resolved by Subaru of America (work done by Carlsen Subaru) in January of 2005. Needless to say, this was after you got there and things "changed". So you can take your sunshine and blow it up someone else's *** because I'm done with your sh*tty "service" and craptastic attitudes.
Our service department took until May of 2005 to fix. Its still not where I want it to be but light years ahead of where we were. I had to go through 3 different service managers before I found one that could do his job. Once again sorry about your bad experience, and I know this means nothing to you but I've got an outstanding service manager now. I can't even remember the first guy who was here but Jimmy and Rick were the last two and they just had no clue or didn't really care so they had to go.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by MoDrift
April 2004. I wanted an 04 STi. Dropped by Carlsen, they wanted $31,500 and I passed. Called Stevens Creek and the guy on the phone after first giving me the "I'm your best friend, let's make a deal" pitch, mumbled something about $38,000 (that's not a type-o). The next morning I called Santa Cruz (spoke to Morgan), she said $30,000 even, I said I'll be right there and bought it that day.

Now, customer service and pricing may be different sometimes and yes business is about making a profit, but if you're going to quote me $38,000 over the phone for an STi, you're a ****ing tool.
Agreed. Money is never made over the phone. He or she was a f'n tool for quoting you that.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:44 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by AntiochCali

Consider hiring Zoeb as you new GM.

Good Luck.
+1, i'd turn around your reputation
Old 08-24-2005, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Forester XT Touring (Dark Gray Metallic)
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
Masood is a jackass, when z33 was buying his wrx we went to stevens creek to look @ WRX's, he totally didn't take him seriously cuz he wasn't "older"
...I guess the only reason I was taken seriously is because I am older [34]?

Even when I came the first just to look at WRX'es, the sales guys approached me right away and offered me a drive. Even when I told him I needed to talk to my wife first, he offered for me to take one home to show her. Whether he was serious or not is another story. But it seems I never had any of the issues everyone else has had. Maybe it is based on age or appearances. Hard to say.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:48 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
Originally Posted by thefreak
Our service department took until May of 2005 to fix. Its still not where I want it to be but light years ahead of where we were. I had to go through 3 different service managers before I found one that could do his job. Once again sorry about your bad experience, and I know this means nothing to you but I've got an outstanding service manager now. I can't even remember the first guy who was here but Jimmy and Rick were the last two and they just had no clue or didn't really care so they had to go.
Rick is the ******* I was stuck with (I'm not censoring it because you agree). Have you recently "exchanged" the sales manager? If not, I would recommend it. Keep the chick at the front, she's cool.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by illogical
But he said he's one of the managers, I want to know of what.
I'm a sales manager.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by nKoan
Doesn't every dealership now drop below "invoice" since the real invoice is below the "invoice" that customers are shown?

Not true. If you want to come and see an invoice come on by and I'll show it to you. We have holdback but that just pays for our flooring which is the interest we pay for the cars...(we have to finance them just like most other people)
Old 08-24-2005, 12:51 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by DomozitoLK

Even when I came the first just to look at WRX'es, the sales guys approached me right away and offered me a drive. Even when I told him I needed to talk to my wife first, he offered for me to take one home to show her. Whether he was serious or not is another story. But it seems I never had any of the issues everyone else has had. Maybe it is based on age or appearances. Hard to say.
i'm pretty sure that was it.

2 21 y/o "kids" are hard to take seriously, but I went with him to livermoore and they gave him the car $400 below invoice and he got exactly what he wanted.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by DomozitoLK

But it seems I never had any of the issues everyone else has had. Maybe it is based on age or appearances. Hard to say.
Maybe. Maybe not... I'm in my 30's and have a LOT of gray in my hair. I definitely look "older". When my wife and I went out to car lots on Stevens Creek, we got the slimy car salesman treatment everywhere we went (not just SCS). I ended up buying at Carlsen and had an excellent experience.

Last edited by Petewho; 08-24-2005 at 12:56 PM. Reason: can't spell "Carlsen" today...
Old 08-24-2005, 12:55 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by thefreak
Well if we don't get the opportunity to perform any actions then all we have is words. The first step into doing something is to tell you that we are here for open dialog. Come and holler at me give me a chance before you start hating me. Let me earn your hate/respect. At least that way I've earned it.

The flaw with your statement is that it has nothing to do with you personally. You are representing a dealership, one that has had years of opportunities to perform actions. As this thread shows, your dealership has failed on countless of those opportunities. All these comments are towards the dealership, not one individual person there. The dealership has earned the hate that it has.

My comments are not against you personally, if I was in your position, I would try and get a job at a different/better dealership and leave the crappy one behind, because in the long run SC is just going to pull you down with it. One person can't raise a whole dealership up.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:56 PM
I <3 White Girls