Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by zumnwrx
the only reason i bought my car from stevens creek was cause.... well you were the only ones with a white wingless wrx in stock

i had made my deal very clear over the phone and had 0 problems on price when i got there. and if your detailer didnt put a fat scratch in my door and your body shop didnt take 3 days to fix it i could have said everything went well

edgar,

Whats a car without battle scars right? Just kidding, unfortunately stuff like that occasionaly happens. But the net result was ok right?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by thefreak
Well to be fair the internet prices are going to be far lower than the prices at the lot. Its like that at most dealerships. I honestly don't see how pricing and customer service are related. Customer service is how you are treated. Pricing is how much you pay. Please don't think were bad people because were trying to profit because after all we are a business. With that said we are amongst the most competitive dealers as far as pricing is concerned. If you look up our prices and our competition we are either equal or lower. Just look at our ads. But thats another story for another day.

Have you been to Stevens Creek Subaru? If you have and had a bad experience PM me with your story.
It's GOOD customer service to HONOR an internet price that you offer on your website. Thing is when i was looking for an RS to buy, they woman and middle eastern guy (i know i know, reaaaal accurate descriptions lol) wouldnt even honor the price, so i said screw it.....why drive down 80-90 miles just to get rejected and deal with a bunch of ******...so instead i waited a couple of months and got my RS @ Carmax in roseville and got it transferred from another store of theirs and my god they were so nice and helpful, didnt know much about the car but i dont expect that/didnt care since i knew the specifics, and even when i asked to cancel my extended warranty like 3-4 months after i bought it...they refunded me the extended warranty i paid for and they didnt make a fuss about it and were very polite
Old 08-24-2005, 11:32 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by yayitzian
...3) recently bought an oil filter, you charged seperate for the crush washer ( who the hell does that? 1st dealership i've ever seen do that) i only bought it because i didn't have time or gas to go all the way to santa cruz...
Diablo Mazda Subaru, where I buy my oil filters from also does this. I think that is also the way Livermore Subaru does it.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:33 AM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX
Twin Turbo? Wow. #4 could have been sarcasm, might not have been appropriate but it was probably sarcasm.

When did #5 happen. If it was recently I'm going to string somebody up.
How is not knowing what you are talking about sarcasm?

No one cares if your employees get "strung up" for acting like idiots...the damage has already been done.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:40 AM

Car Info: evo8
what didn't go wrong is a better question.

to begin..i had an evo, got ran off the road and was now in the market for a new car. i went to stevens creek and had to ask for help, no one would even come up to me. second that russian guy tried to sell me a 40k sti, telling me that his 3 were the only ones left and no one could even get them, then i told him walnut creek was willing to sell me one for 33otd and walked out when he couldn't say anything to defend is outrageous claim. he also got mad at me for shifting the tranny once.

another time i went there as my friend was looking for a car, so we asked to looked at the legacy gt. he took us outside and showed us. it was locked so i asked if i could sit inside, his reply was "why you are obviously not going to buy the car tonite." then i said in my pissed off voice.."how the **** is my friend guna even know if he wants to buy this car is *******s like you wont let us sit in it." he quicly ran back, got the key and let us sit in it, but we walked 2 minutes later.

i hate every single dealership on stevens creek. ot but a guy at the infinity dealership wouldn't even asnwer my questions about the car and told me to read the brochure and come back.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by En3D
You guys are the sleeziest people on earth. Brian, you and I met.... you guys screwed my brother b/c he was too young and did not understand the crap you were pulling. You promised that you and the bigger slim ball of a general manager would take care of things.

Your normal business practice is to screw every customer possible. What part of out the door didn't you understand and someone fudged the numbers and didn't explain what was all going on.

Yes my brother was stupid for dealing with your dealership and didn't listen when I told him to walk out of there NOW. He called me and I heard the F'ing salesperson and him say 23500 OTD back and forth. At that point, I figured you guys would do the right thing since it was clearly negociated. But NO... I even asked you later what OTD meant you agree'd with my definition. and promised that you will "taking care of the situation". haha a free protective coating makes up for $2600 in difference?!

FU all of you lying, sleezy sacks of ****.
Your mother and brother were both in finance and were explained of the entire contract BEFORE signing. The general manager went above and beyond what he was required to do by giving you something for free. I'm sorry that your not happy with your deal but you got an outstanding deal.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by blue blurr
Lol nice user name "the freak'
Yeah I used to like Jevon Kearse who played for the Titans, and now plays for the Philly gIggles.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Hello,

Just so you know, the last stevens creek salesman who joined I-club was pretty damn nice. He was trying to change the image of the dealership around, and was super honest, and down right cool guy. I can't blame him for his efforts. You know what happened to him? He was fired by stevens creek's owner/manager.

I guess the guy WANTS to keep sleazy salesman, cause the one honest guy trying to turn things around got the boot.

-Gagan
Who was that?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:44 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
My experience? I went to your dealership with my girlfriend, ready to putcahse a BRAND NEW WRX THAT NIGHT. This was late Dec., 2004.

Your salesman ignored the existence my girlfriend, as though she didn't exist. I walked because of that. She asked questions, and was ignored.

Want a VERY SPECIFIC piece of advice? Tell each and everyone of your salesmen that EVERY PERSON that walks into your showroom is to be respected. Ignoring my girlfriend because its obviously me paying for the car lost you 22K+. I happily bought elsewhere.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:46 AM

Car Info: WR Blue 2004 WRX
Your mother and brother were both in finance and were explained of the entire contract BEFORE signing. The general manager went above and beyond what he was required to do by giving you something for free. I'm sorry that your not happy with your deal but you got an outstanding deal.
OTD = Out The Door...
Old 08-24-2005, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
Originally Posted by illogical
After being hung up on by both your sales and service managers because they both had "better things to deal with" than helping me get my car repaired (note: I spoke with the sales manager because he answered when I asked for the dealership manager), after leaving my car there 6 times to get it repaired and nothing ever being done
When did this happen? When was the last time that you brought your car in or interacted with us.

If you could PM me with your story I would love to hear it.

All I can say is that I'm sorry that you had to leave your car here 6 times and it still wasn't repaired. Like I said before I would like to speak to you personaly to see if I can at least make it right.
This was about July 2004 when it all started, and it was finally resolved by Subaru of America (work done by Carlsen Subaru) in January of 2005. Needless to say, this was after you got there and things "changed". So you can take your sunshine and blow it up someone else's *** because I'm done with your sh*tty "service" and craptastic attitudes.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:48 AM

I will admit I bought my car there. I got an *awesome* price on a low mileage used '02. Between the hassle, the ****ty salesmen I had to deal with, the pushy, rude financing guy, the problems I have since had with the car itsself, and the assclowns bumbaling around in service I would rather have gone to Carlsen or Santacruz even if the price was higher.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:51 AM

I honestly don't see how pricing and customer service are related. Customer service is how you are treated. Pricing is how much you pay. Please don't think were bad people because were trying to profit because after all we are a business. With that said we are amongst the most competitive dealers as far as pricing is concerned. If you look up our prices and our competition we are either equal or lower. Just look at our ads. But thats another story for another day.
April 2004. I wanted an 04 STi. Dropped by Carlsen, they wanted $31,500 and I passed. Called Stevens Creek and the guy on the phone after first giving me the "I'm your best friend, let's make a deal" pitch, mumbled something about $38,000 (that's not a type-o). The next morning I called Santa Cruz (spoke to Morgan), she said $30,000 even, I said I'll be right there and bought it that day.

Now, customer service and pricing may be different sometimes and yes business is about making a profit, but if you're going to quote me $38,000 over the phone for an STi, you're a ****ing tool.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
Wait....Bakhtiari...you're the owners son aren't you?

My experiances, two, at SC Subaru were both negative. I am sort of guessing here, but people that seem to be related to the owner, are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want.

This includes harass customers and race brand new turbo charged cars that haven't been broken in yet.

My second visit was with a friend who wanted to use you because she is local. We agreed on the price before we got there. As soon as she was there, the salesman stripped me off my friend and the Finance Manager tried to get my friend to finance with them. She had a contract in front of her, she told me that you verbally agreed to 4.25% simple interest with 1/3rd down. The contract that was given to her to sign was 1/3rd down and 11.25% compound interest.

She thought it was a mistake and brought it to your attention before she signed it and the new rate was 5.25% compound. She already had 4.75% simple interest, why would you think she wants to finance at 5.25 compound??!

She was willing to buy the car from you, if you can't beat her finance terms, then leave her alone! You also added an extended warranty for over $1200 and rust protection etc...she noticed this.

Because of this experiance, she still does not own a Subaru. This was more than a year ago. She has still not bought a new car. You have really scared her off from ever considering your dealership and she WANTED to do business with you.

Who was the finance manager? Compound interest is only used on a 552 contract and not a 553. We don't use 552 contracts and certainly don't use compound interest. Compund interest banks charge us usually a fee of upwards of $1000-$1500, we use them if a customer has been a bad boy or girl and has never paid any bank back. I guarantee you that they were not using compound interest. As far as financing goes we give option contracts that would allow you to secure your own financing. If were talking last year then that 5.25% rate was actually a 4.2% rate. It was StarOne credit union who she would have had to go to in order to become a member once there she would have said to make it automatic payments and they would have dropped the interest down to 4.2 or something low. Its currently 4.5% now. The only thing is we can't give the low rate on contract we would have to sign a customer up at 5.25% and then they would go and become a member and get automatic payment to drop the rate down. Maybe the finance manager didn't explain it right I appologise for that.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by En3D
Brian, obviously as you can tell I'm still pissed at the situation. (for the rest of you, it was jsut a few weeks ago).

If you really the owner's son, do yourself and your dad or mom a favor and listen to the people here. The kind of bad press that you get from sites like this cost you guys so much business. And trust me it's not just i-club, every subaru site that has a local chapter knows about your business ethics. Now that we have experienced it first hand, we have been actively spreading the word not to deal with your dealership. I have a co-worker that is set on buying either a Legacy or Forester in the next couple months when the 06s are here and will not be going to your dealership.
When was this? What happened?

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?