Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:47 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 14 (14 members and 0 guests)
02BlackWRX, AntiochCali, Bass, blue blurr, Impala SS AutoX, krzyxrevver12, Monoxide, MVWRX, pleiad7, Racenut, samurai, spelk3, thefreak
Old 08-24-2005, 10:47 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Thanks for commnig back, don't know if you read all the posts, the first time I went to SCS was in October 2002 - really negative experiance. I took my friend in, last Summer, about 1 year ago and I had another negative experiance.

The problem the first time was due to nepotism, the sales guy was a relative of the owner and was a real heal.

The problem the second time was not the sales guy it was the finance manager.

Last edited by AntiochCali; 08-24-2005 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by michael_lowery
That about sums it up.

I had similar experiences. Personally, I would like to check numbers 1, 3, 5, and 6 for shi**y experiences I've had at your dealership.

I ended up buying my car from Subaru of Santa Cruz.

Tread lightly, I think brucelee spoke for alot of people on this board.

~Michael

Wow what was it with the old sales personel and calling peoples moms liars?! Once again sorry for any bad experiences you have had here. Almost all of the employees have been changed since I got here in January of 2004. Like I said to Brucelee if you are open to it I would like to discuss some of the problems you have had with us, whether that be individually or as a group I have no problem with that.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
haha... i see you ... oh what, there's some quick azz posting going on in this thread... haha
someone change the thread title to Carlsen and Santa Cruz rock!!!
TIA!!!!

Last edited by krzyxrevver12; 08-24-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:59 AM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by AntiochCali
Wait! Subaru has a twin turbo? When did this come out? What model car?

Man just what I don't need - a reason to go back to SC Subaru....
gee... i didn't know the Legacy B4 came out in the US...

Tim
Old 08-24-2005, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by illogical
After being hung up on by both your sales and service managers because they both had "better things to deal with" than helping me get my car repaired (note: I spoke with the sales manager because he answered when I asked for the dealership manager), after leaving my car there 6 times to get it repaired and nothing ever being done
When did this happen? When was the last time that you brought your car in or interacted with us.

If you could PM me with your story I would love to hear it.

All I can say is that I'm sorry that you had to leave your car here 6 times and it still wasn't repaired. Like I said before I would like to speak to you personaly to see if I can at least make it right.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:05 AM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Seriously, the things to do to rebuild your reputation with the Subaru crowd.

1.) Stop being jerks. Don't push the agenda on people to buy and don't base your job on sales made. That, I think is sucky salesmanship.

2.) Don't lie. From what I have been reading, you guys quote a price, then try to add on other things or change your position later. You introduce all those add-ons/options when you first deal with the customer and not after the deal is made.

3.) Do something to help customers out. Take a lesson from SCS and Ferdie (gt3000fa) down here. (South Coast Subaru).

4.) Be straightforward and down to earth.. This one works wonders...

my 0.02$,
Tim
Old 08-24-2005, 11:08 AM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by thefreak
Wow what was it with the old sales personel and calling peoples moms liars?! Once again sorry for any bad experiences you have had here. Almost all of the employees have been changed since I got here in January of 2004. Like I said to Brucelee if you are open to it I would like to discuss some of the problems you have had with us, whether that be individually or as a group I have no problem with that.

Look at this thread!!! You are not going to change anybody's idea or image of your dealership. That dealership has been doing wrong for so many years there is no bouncing back. No need to apologize because it doesn't mean anything to anybody here, actions speak louder than words. Also, there is no reason to waste their time going in there to talk about it or try and see if things have changed because they can just go up the road to carlson or something and get treated right the first time
Old 08-24-2005, 11:13 AM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by thefreak
Hey Bay Area! I've never really introduced myself...My name is Brian Bakhtiari and I am one of the managers here at Stevens Creek Subaru. I was just wondering if you have had any bad experiences with us in the past, what they were and what (if anything) was done on our part to resolve the issue. Whether it be here or in person, I would like to talk to you guys/gals and see what we can do to resolve any issues you have had with us in the past.
Wow, this thread got a lot of attention since it wsa posted just yesterday.

Brian, I appreciate you coming here and getting feedback. I actually purchased my 2002 WRX from your dealership, so I've had a first hand experience with the service there. From that experience, the only feedback I have is that the haggling, if you will, took way too long. The salesman budge a hundred dollar at a time, making it a very lenghty negotiation process. It seemed like he was trying to test my resolve and wear me down. In the end, I got the price I intended on getting, so he could have saved us a lot of time.

Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about Stevens Creek FROM EXPERIENCE.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
+100 for Bruce Lee with his outline!

personally for me when i was looking for an RS i found stevens creek to have a handful of them i wanted when i saw them on an online ad site like autotrader, called them up, got some woman that was horribly incompetant and was just plain ditzy like "oooo its a niiiice blue and omg it has a spoiler!!!" then she tossed the phone over to her "manager" that sounded middle eastern which was just a plain con-man when i asked him how much on a certain car and the online ad said 13k and he said 17k...THAT right there made up my mind about going to stevens creek PLUS TONS of horrible situations even in the damn parts dept., service, sales....
Well to be fair the internet prices are going to be far lower than the prices at the lot. Its like that at most dealerships. I honestly don't see how pricing and customer service are related. Customer service is how you are treated. Pricing is how much you pay. Please don't think were bad people because were trying to profit because after all we are a business. With that said we are amongst the most competitive dealers as far as pricing is concerned. If you look up our prices and our competition we are either equal or lower. Just look at our ads. But thats another story for another day.

Have you been to Stevens Creek Subaru? If you have and had a bad experience PM me with your story.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:18 AM

Car Info: WR Blue 2004 WRX
Originally Posted by resident smurf
Santa Cruz Subaru ownz you guize, gtfo.
+1

When I bought my wrx, I lived in Sunnyvale, roughly 5-6 miles from Stevens Creek Subaru. I decided to go there to check thinks out over there, but after the sales person wouldn't let me test drive a car because he didn't think I would know how to drive a stick, I took off.

I then decided to go to Santa Cruz Subaru, which is 36 miles from where I lived at the time, which means I drove an extra 30 miles to NOT do business with your dealership.

i-club saved my ***.

Last edited by Monoxide; 08-24-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lowend
I have had limited experience with Stevens Creek as the reputation proceeds them...
The couple of times I have delt with the dealership I was greeted by extremely hi-pressure sales tactics attempting to get me into a car I specifically said I did not want (I was looking for an M/T Outback Sport and was being pushed a AT Legacy).
The parts dept consistantly quotes very hi prices if they are willing to be helpful on the phone.
We have a new parts manager, and a new service manager. These guys are good guys. Call them up for yourself and you be the judge. Billy is the parts manager and John is the service manager.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
major changes like the whole dealer going belly up or some diasaster? haha

You need to STOP hiring guys like these first off:

hell even the evil monkey disaprooves of stevens creek!

That guy hasn't worked here since 2001, he was replaced by the evil monkey
Old 08-24-2005, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by KendallRS
The ONE and ONLY reason i went to Steven's Creek Subaru to even look @ cars was because a good friend of mine worked there. I Never plan on going to that dealership because of the craptastic expieriences that were had by friends. I only bought my car there because of my friend and thats it. Just about every there is a rude idiot. I have called there a few times about tech questions and got **** in return. So thanks for nothing.
Just curious who was your friend? Who did you talk to as far as your technical questions?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by yayitzian
1) when i bought my car in january 2002, sales guy CLAIMED my car was twin turbo...
2) You tried to sell me a WRX for 35,000 dollars
3) recently bought an oil filter, you charged seperate for the crush washer ( who the hell does that? 1st dealership i've ever seen do that) i only bought it because i didn't have time or gas to go all the way to santa cruz
4) my buddy went in to find out about the car, and Salesperson gave him a smug look and said "you already know your **** about this car"
5) another buddy went in with his mom's new Acura MDX and overheard your sales people saying "that kid just bought a new car, he's not gonna buy one" and refused to help him.

there's more, I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

Twin Turbo? Wow. #4 could have been sarcasm, might not have been appropriate but it was probably sarcasm.

When did #5 happen. If it was recently I'm going to string somebody up.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?