Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:47 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by glenspen
The parts guys rock though. Great parts dept who look after the community.
+100
i forget the dudes name, but he said he was a fellow i clubber as well. great guy and has helped me out with all my part specific needs.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
Thats weird. last time i gave Stevens Creek parts a call, the dude was a douche and acted like he did not want to help me or my call was a bother to him. Its like uhhh isnt this your job? To answer ?'s and help ppl? This was like 6 months ago tho.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:13 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Ryan, the old parts guy, left for a job in SoCal...
Old 02-10-2013, 07:00 PM

Car Info: 09 STI
Called Stevens Creek parts department recently and had somewhat similar experience. Called Capitol and the parts guy was nicer and gave me a better price also.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
I had a great experience with them around August of last year. Sales people were helpful. Sales Manager was definitely a dealership Sales Manager, but didn't seem to have it out for me. Mandy, their Customer Relations person, was super responsive and helpful. Chris in service was also awesome. Also talked to an older gentleman in parts who had the oil filters and crush washers in my hands in less than 5 minutes. Again, great experience.

Here's my Yelp! review about them. And no, I have no interest in Stevens Creek Subaru or relationship to anyone there. Just got lucky with a great experience.

---------

So far so good with these guys. I bought a used 2004 Subaru Forester last week from this dealership.

A few special shout outs:

Mandy, their Customer Relations Manager. She's awesome. She was super responsive and has been all along. Quick to get back to me by email, and quick to answer any questions before we bought the car.

Fred, our salesman. It was his 3rd day on the job, and he was friendly as can be. He gave me no indication that he was being dishonest, and was very friendly, as well as patient considering my 1 year old son wasn't having the best of times sitting in their dealership for 3-4 hours while we bought a car. He was helpful, and super polite.

Fouad, the finance manager. Super friendly. Also patient with our son. Got us in and out as quickly as he could.

The only reason I'm going with 4 stars instead of 5 is because we bought the car late at night, and had to pick up the safety inspection and timing belt paperwork the following day (service was closed by the time we got the keys). When I picked up the paperwork, I reviewed it while looking over the car. Everything was repaired that they noted except an intercooler hose. No biggy. It's sealed, and I have no check engine light. But there was also another intercooler hose that was severely cracking, and the front passenger CV boot was torn.

In reaction to this, I emailed Mandy, and she immediately got back to me first thing Monday morning and Fouad also called me to talk to me personally. They're going to be handling this for me.

Provided these small issues get repaired, Stevens Creek Subaru will be going from 4 stars to 5 stars in this review.

Edit and Update:

From 4 stars to 5 stars. I took my car in last week to get my little safety issues checked out. It looked like a couple of intercooler hoses were cracked and a CV boot needed replacing. They gave me a 1 week estimate on getting the parts. The parts came in in 3 days. Chris Hayes (Hawes?) in service is a genuinely nice guy, and we chatted for a few minutes about camera equipment (I'm a photographer). He took my car for the day to inspect it and I picked it up in the afternoon after they ordered parts.

I dropped my car off on Sunday night. Got a call from the service manager on Monday morning. He said he would be working with me on the repairs. One hose, upon further inspection, didn't need replacement. The other one was replaced. CV boot was also replaced. Had my car back by 5pm the same day.

Mandy, Fred, Fouad, and Chris all get 5 stars from me. They were super helpful, and those were the people I dealt with face to face. Great experience with these guys.

Party time. Excellent.

Last edited by Prettym1k3; 02-10-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM

Car Info: stock
When I got my subie and was grabbing a few parts from the parts dept. they were super cool and told me to check out I club, and then gave me a discount.