Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by jc5d5d
I guess the person who started this thread is too embarassed to respond...lol
Embarrassed? Yes. Too scared to respond? No.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by MoDrift
April 2004. I wanted an 04 STi. Dropped by Carlsen, they wanted $31,500 and I passed. Called Stevens Creek and the guy on the phone after first giving me the "I'm your best friend, let's make a deal" pitch, mumbled something about $38,000 (that's not a type-o). The next morning I called Santa Cruz (spoke to Morgan), she said $30,000 even, I said I'll be right there and bought it that day.

Now, customer service and pricing may be different sometimes and yes business is about making a profit, but if you're going to quote me $38,000 over the phone for an STi, you're a ****ing tool.

Agreed,
Like I said, I got a great deal on my car. Its an '02 WRX Wagon, had give or take 33k on the clock.

So why the **** were you asking 24k for the car right off the bat? EVERY car on that lot was marked up through the roof. I almost walked away during negotiations with yourclueless salesperson when he said that 20K BEFORE FEES was the lowest he could go. Thankfull(Or something) I belive it was you who "saved the day".
Honestly, if I had known that dealing with you people was going to be such a hastle, I probably would have just bought that damn G35 down the street.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Project Worx
Took my wrx into your dealership to have some work done to my driver side window, and when picking up my wrx the tint was all scratched up and you guys mentioned it was like that when i brang it in. I was just happy that my window problem got fixed and nothing else had occured being I hear all these stories. Tint was 20 to remove 20 to replace so 40 in total I had to pay out of my pocket for bringing my subaru to u guys.
Come back in and I'll get you $40 worth of gas.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by illogical
"the Phreak, as in the Phantom Phreak, king of night hacks..." Maybe he just watched Hackers too many times. Can't say that I blame him, Angelina Jolie topless...
Angelina Jolie very nice.... Ok back to work.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:09 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
you need to host a "vent about stevens creek" lunch meet at your dealership so people can tell you whats on their mind

Menu items should be steak, prime rib, & lobster

that might slightly help your reputation.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:10 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 16 (16 members and 0 guests)
02BlackWRX, -j-, bikecraft, Bosk, Froride1, gooder77, gqchynaboy, HitMan912, Keisatsu, mcowger, pleiad7, stg2lgcy00, SUBYBUS, thebing, thefreak, wombatsauce
Old 08-24-2005, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
46 miles??!?!?!?

You do realize that you purchased a car that was NOT new... It was test driven, and at stevens creek, a test drive is an all out ricer street race, complete with matching 4 wheel sliding understeer around corners, hard shifting, and all this on a motor that needs to be broken in softly. I hope you're car will last a long time and is strong, because some are weak, and even with granny driving break.

-Gagan
Yeah every single one of them... Come on I yell at our salesmen when customers let the car go over 4,000 rpm. You think anyone of my salesmen is allowed to even drive one of our cars other than to park it back where it came from? No way.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:12 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
you need to host a "vent about stevens creek" lunch meet at your dealership so people can tell you whats on their mind

Menu items should be steak, prime rib, & lobster

that might slightly help your reputation.
I'm down for that. All in favor?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Originally Posted by thefreak
Come back in and I'll get you $40 worth of gas.
Nice to see you want to fix the problem.. To be fair though I'd just give the guy $40 cash. Afterall he didnt pay forty bucks in gasoline to get his tint fixed.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Keisatsu
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! Stevens Creeks Subaru eh? Well, the ***-hats there can lick my 9 while I drive down to Santa Cruz Subaru and get a lot more respect, knowledgeable
staff, etc, etc, etc...

Last time I went there I was told I was in the wrong demographic and that only 30 something yuppies buy subarus, and that was by the "sales manager" at that time... lemme tell ya, the WRX is definatly NOT aimed at 30 something yuppies...

f'ing a$$hats!!!!!!!!!!
Never even seen a yuppy. Didn't they go extinct in the 80's?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
Thanks for commnig back, don't know if you read all the posts, the first time I went to SCS was in October 2002 - really negative experiance. I took my friend in, last Summer, about 1 year ago and I had another negative experiance.

The problem the first time was due to nepotism, the sales guy was a relative of the owner and was a real heal.

The problem the second time was not the sales guy it was the finance manager.
No problem. Sorry about what has happened in the past. The truth is the guys working here right now all love Subaru. Were for the most part young guys who like cars. Can I say that everyone will love us? No I honestly can't say that because we are human. We all have our bad days. I do however think that for the most part if you come in and talk to the new sales team you would be surprised. We don't have switchblades in our pockets and contrary to belief we don't have Desert Eagles in our belts.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:21 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX
Where to start really... recently (as in last Friday) I e-mailed several Subaru dealers about ordering a part. All have responded except Stevens Creek. Needless to say I didn't order the part through them.

When I bought my WRX there nearly three years ago, I got a great price under invoice, but not without the hassle.

I had negotiated and worked out the price over the phone, was told to come in and "no problems." Of course, when sitting down with the paperwork, I was told that they "calculated the tax for the wrong county" and I was to be charged an extra $500 bucks. Never mind I had an agreement over the phone with the salesman. I told them it was not my problem. They said "mistakes happen." I had a matching quote from another Subaru dealer, I told them that, and got up and left.

Only on my way out did they call me back and said all was ok, they would waive the $500 because it was "their mistake." Then the sales manager comes up to me after the paperwork is done, shakes my had to congratulate me on the purchase, then gives me some patronizing speech about "we do what's right here, even if we make a mistake. I hope you do that in future." What an *******.

Oh, and they switched my financing from my credit union to Subaru after the deal. Without asking. Luckily it was for the same APR and terms. I've since refinanced with my credit union for even better terms.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:22 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
Thumbs down

Never even seen a yuppy. Didn't they go extinct in the 80's?
was that supposed to be funny, I didnt say yuppy, your ******** salesmanager did...

this thread is useless, everyone I know that has experienced the madness at Stevens Creek Subaru will NEVER go back...

I have also succesfully made sure 5 of my friends that bought WRXs did NOT go to your dealership, they all went to Subaru of Santa Cruz, which might I add, is the best dealership EVER!!!! Wentworth subaru is awesome too, but thats in Oregon :\
Old 08-24-2005, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Forester XT Touring (Dark Gray Metallic)
Well to be fair the internet prices are going to be far lower than the prices at the lot. Its like that at most dealerships.
I agree with that. I bought my car this way at Stevens Creek through Masood April 2004. He was a nice guy and my wife and I were out of there in an hour-and-a-half after signing the check and doing the paperwork. Fairly painless.

And they continue to service my car to this day. I have never been treated badly or felt anything was misrepresented. I will continue to give them my business (irregardless of whatever past problems they may have had).

Hope you can iron out relations with the Suby community! Good luck...

Rob
Old 08-24-2005, 12:23 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan
Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
damn... 46 miles on a brand new subaru... mine had 4 miles... oh well, as long as it runs newish
well new problems yet and i have 28,000 miles now. and well sorry that the car had been there for a while and people did test drive it. i mean, it was the only 2002 left.

Originally Posted by killaho
umm nice story.. I got my car at Carlson also for $22,xxx EXCEPT I was in and out in 20 minutes. No BS haggling and only 7 miles on it too.
umm good job then timmy. guess when an 18 year old shows up though with no trade in car or anything, they tend to take more time to work out a deal about payments and price and stuff.

Originally Posted by yayitzian
46 miles = test driven. and were you checkin out the buff guy, or the car? lol!

mine had 3 miles on it when I bought it. the first 2 put on by my dad, the last mile from me.
well ****, he said he was a body builder so i remembered. and yea so what if the car was test driven? when my dad test drove it (around the block), the guy was telling him not to drive it hard because the turbo wasnt broken in and not to shift hard either. so i would assume he told others not to do that also.

and oh, everyone, i'm sorry i made a mistake, i had 46 miles on it when i got home! and its 37 miles between my house and stevens creek subaru.

Last edited by HitMan912; 08-24-2005 at 12:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Subaru Asks You Bay Area What Went Wrong?