Stevens Creek Flaming

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:21 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by Unit 91
That wasn't the gasket for YOUR transmission. The oil drain plug gasket and auto trans gasket are the same. Sorry they didn't get it sorted out correctly for you. You want the big copper one. It's an 803926070. You were sold a 11126AA000, which is a trans gasket but not for the manual.

In a sense both the counter guy and tech were right about it being used on a tranny. They probably just didn't ask the right question - "manual or automatic?" Though just hearing WRX should usually point you in the right direction.

I appreciate the feedback. I'll let the guys know to pay more attention and ask more questions. It actually really helps me to know that sort of stuff. We do have some very good techs. Mario and Calvin are my favorites, but between all the techs here we can sort it all out.

Again, sorry that happened. Ever think you're getting the wrong part just ask for me. I'll help ya out.
And this is why Ryan is awesome
Old 07-10-2009, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
Originally Posted by Unit 91
That wasn't the gasket for YOUR transmission. The oil drain plug gasket and auto trans gasket are the same. Sorry they didn't get it sorted out correctly for you. You want the big copper one. It's an 803926070. You were sold a 11126AA000, which is a trans gasket but not for the manual.

In a sense both the counter guy and tech were right about it being used on a tranny. They probably just didn't ask the right question - "manual or automatic?" Though just hearing WRX should usually point you in the right direction.

I appreciate the feedback. I'll let the guys know to pay more attention and ask more questions. It actually really helps me to know that sort of stuff. We do have some very good techs. Mario and Calvin are my favorites, but between all the techs here we can sort it all out.

Again, sorry that happened. Ever think you're getting the wrong part just ask for me. I'll help ya out.
I will agree that what's in the past will stay in the past. I do believe that people and things can/do change. I will definitely give you folks another try when I need another part since it is closer to where I live than Cap.
Hopefully the next post will be one with a good experience.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:52 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I'll admit, it's been a couple of years since I was there last. Things very well could be differnent now.
Last time I went there I was charged above list price for parts and got a really bad attitude from the guy working the counter.
called once looking for a specific car in stock, which when I went down was not actually there.
Again this was two years ago.

Between my bad experience and the previous horrific reputation (which again things could have changed) I have not been back.

If there is a different staff now... I'll give you guys a shot again.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:15 AM

Car Info: 07 Subaru STI
Maybe someone should mention how Stevens Creek Subaru GM--Jeff decided to cancel a car show on the DAY OF the show after knowing about it and agreeing to do it for over a month.

& much more that should not be mentioned out of respect for the owner of the dealership. I understand that he can't control all the actions of his employees.

&&If you plan to buy a used car from there, inspect it carefully. Very carefully. Take it to 3 shops for inspection before you sign your name on the line.

Tool.

*I forgot to say that the sales guys and everyone else is nice though. No problems with them. They are good people.

Last edited by STI_lady; 07-11-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:50 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
hmmmm...... Seven posts total and bashing Stevens Creek already. She's either perfect, or an employee....
Old 07-11-2009, 11:00 AM

Car Info: 09sti
Bought my car there and let's just say never again. I now take it to Capitol for service.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:05 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea, sorry but Stevens creek is horse crap and will always be seen as such 'til maybe a good 10 yrs from now

Last edited by iLoqin; 07-11-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:12 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by rau
hmmmm...... Seven posts total and bashing Stevens Creek already. She's either perfect, or an employee....
seems to be a lot of that in this thread recently

ill do some mod detective work
Old 07-11-2009, 11:22 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by STI_lady
Maybe someone should mention how Stevens Creek Subaru GM--Jeff decided to cancel a car show on the DAY OF the show after knowing about it and agreeing to do it for over a month.

& much more that should not be mentioned out of respect for the owner of the dealership. I understand that he can't control all the actions of his employees.

&&If you plan to buy a used car from there, inspect it carefully. Very carefully. Take it to 3 shops for inspection before you sign your name on the line.

Tool.

*I forgot to say that the sales guys and everyone else is nice though. No problems with them. They are good people.
Originally Posted by 09sti
Bought my car there and let's just say never again. I now take it to Capitol for service.
these two are the same people
* 09sti
* STI_lady
along with this guy
* SSxSTI09

and they are all using a business ISP
Old 07-11-2009, 11:26 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
wow I guess they don't have anything else better to do.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:31 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
wow I guess they don't have anything else better to do.
nope being a business IP i would image they would but hey what ever its thier deal
Old 07-11-2009, 12:04 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
hah i dont ever remember stevens creek subaru planning a car show. EVER. maybe they just didnt want to deal with you?
Old 07-11-2009, 12:33 PM

Car Info: 06 CGM PDM
I didn't have any bad experience when I went to the parts department here. Mention what car you drive to the guy's that are working, and you end up chatting it up a bit.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:57 PM

Car Info: 07 Subaru STI
Originally Posted by rau
Yes, 7 posts total, this would be my 8th. I will count with you.

Obviously I don't go around this forum shooting my sh*t unless I feel moved to say something.

Originally Posted by sigma pi
seems to be a lot of that in this thread recently

ill do some mod detective work
Stalker status, that's nice. Yes, this is a computer that can be accessed by multiple people.

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
hah i dont ever remember stevens creek subaru planning a car show. EVER. maybe they just didnt want to deal with you?
I spoke with some of the sales guys and employees and got the same response. Seems like you guys (sales and parts, cashier, etc) are not informed of things that are going in the dealership. Kept in the dark of what is going on in your work place by people above you.

Personally I would take offense to that. If I were to work somewhere, I'd like to know what's going on in the place I work at. It's a little disrespectful to just keep you in your own corner. But I guess it's a tactic to focus employees on their jobs and only their jobs, like machines or work animals. Like blinders for horses. I don't blame them. It's efficient.

So maybe next time get more information before you say something. Because YOU may not have been planning the show but the people above you were well aware.

And maybe it IS just that they don't want to deal with me after all. That is also fine. They could have told me that to my face and no offense would be taken. But it's a little different when they agree to do the show and know about it for over a month but then back out last minute. They were so nice, saying that it is no problem, that they'll clear the lot, etc. Smiles smiles, fake fake. Even the owner of the dealership knew about the event. Now what does that tell you about how things are run over there?
Old 07-11-2009, 01:01 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Your filthy language & aggressive demeanor is quite arousing...

Originally Posted by STI_lady
Yes, 7 posts total, this would be my 8th. I will count with you.

Obviously I don't go around this forum shooting my sh*t unless I feel moved to say something.

Stalker status, that's nice. Yes, this is a computer that can be accessed by multiple people.

I spoke with some of the sales guys and employees and got the same response. Seems like you guys (sales and parts, cashier, etc) are not informed of things that are going in the dealership. Kept in the dark of what is going on in your work place by people above you.

Personally I would take offense to that. If I were to work somewhere, I'd like to know what's going on in the place I work at. It's a little disrespectful to just keep you in your own corner. But I guess it's a tactic to focus employees on their jobs and only their jobs, like machines or work animals. Like blinders for horses. I don't blame them. It's efficient.

So maybe next time get more information before you say something. Because YOU may not have been planning the show but the people above you were well aware.

And maybe it IS just that they don't want to deal with me after all. That is also fine. They could have told me that to my face and no offense would be taken. But it's a little different when they agree to do the show and know about it for over a month but then back out last minute. They were so nice, saying that it is no problem, that they'll clear the lot, etc. Smiles smiles, fake fake. Even the owner of the dealership knew about the event. Now what does that tell you about how things are run over there?

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Flaming