Stevens Creek Flaming

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Angry Stevens Creek Flaming

This crap has to stop. Have you ever even been there? I'm sorry, but I'm at a breaking point. Things aren't even close to the way they were a year ago. I understand that people have had bad dealings with sales. I won't comment because it has nothing to do with me (I will say we have the best internet department in the country - Masood and Mark are awesome). Have you ever even dealt with parts/service? Probably not. Want one of the best Subaru resources in the country? Try giving me a call. Or don't. Your loss I suppose. I've been doing this long before you came around.

Method 4 had NOTHING to do with us. They did their own thing and are responsible for their own crap. I'm not going to comment on them further.

There are so many people that 'heard from a friend' how bad a shop is and will never go there. They have no idea what the place is really like, but take every opportunity to bash that shop. It's annoying. If you don't have a personal experience with a place then shut it. Your opinion is basically invalid.

I'm sorry if this comes across as rude, arrogant, upset or whatever. I'm tired of all this Stevens Creek Subaru bashing. Until you have recent first-hand experience keep your drivel to yourself. It's much more constructive to be silent than to keep fouling the waters with your crap.

The funny thing is I hear the same stuff about other local dealers. People just don't post so much about it. Huh. Sort of funny. I guess the easy target makes you all feel better about yourselves.

In case you don't remember we sponsored last years meet. Even at the meet people were talking crap after we helped make it possible and donated prizes and handouts. Probably not a big wonder why we're not involved this year.

We offer every single one of you discounts if you just mention this site. We don't have to, but we do. Because we care. We actually care about this place. I've personally done more to get Subaru to where it is today than any of you can ever imagine. The fact that you can even BUY STi parts has a lot to do with me. I take this crap personally.

I'm so close to writing i-Club off for good. I'm tired of this. I've already shunned NASIOC, and I'd be really sad to see this place is just as bad.

Glen and the rest that actually know myself and the place... thank you. You're always welcome.

P.S. Inspired by this thread https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/anyone-had-experience-shop-206692/
Old 07-08-2009, 10:54 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Originally Posted by Unit 91
We offer every single one of you discounts if you just mention this site.
wow am I late to the party.

Way to stand up for Steven's creek Subaru. Parts department is great, salesmen are sharks, but whose isnt?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:00 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX Wagon, and 99 RS
Seriously....I got my 09 WRX there for a great price with no haggle. $1000 less than anyone else was willing to sell it for....and I got the price over the phone.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 subaru impreza wrx STi
i bought a car from stevens creek subaru 5 years ago..... personally the service wasnt the great nor was it crappy... about 3 years ago i had a issue with the parts dept. it was pretty baaad buuut nothing worth causing a fuss over.... ive been back to the parts department over the passed year and things have been great. service seemed like its gotten a whole lot better, i also heard that they kind of cleaned house n got a new staff in there. all be sure to go back to stevens creek for whenever i need some OEM parts. on top of all the service change they even have i-clubers all in the mix now so why not support them?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 PM

Car Info: 2009 WRX WRB
Originally Posted by doc_randy
Seriously....I got my 09 WRX there for a great price with no haggle. $1000 less than anyone else was willing to sell it for....and I got the price over the phone.
Me too!! Recently got my 09 a few weeks back from there
Old 07-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I wont go near the sales dept, but the parts dept owns all others! Ryan rocks!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 PM

Car Info: WRX 2002
I've dealt with SCS a handful of times so here's my constructive criticism

Parts dept - Helpful and fair market prices, overall very good.

Sales dept - I used to be a salesman so nothing out of the ordinary here and knew what to expect.

Service dept - a mixed bag. The quality of work was excellent but I just felt they insulted my intelligence and prayed on my ignorance (maybe thats my fault and should study more about cars). I actually dropped my car off for service this week so you can PM for more details.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
When I found out that the parts manager at Stevens' Creek was a subydude who also happens to hook up the modding community I was very happy. I'm tired of feeling like I was being screwed by stealerships and it's good to know we have an "inside man" who gives it to you straight.

When I dealt with Steven's creek Subaru recently I didn't have to step foot in the place..I asked for Ryan, got hooked up and the parts arrived directly and correctly.

Take advantage fellow i-clubbers, and don't forget the secret phrase "I've recently greased my bushings"
Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Don't pull the "PM me" crap. Put it out there. If you want to say something, then say it. If there is anything I can do for you I will. But don't be the sheepish one in the corner hoping to get people interested.

If it's really bad PM me and let me try to resolve it first.

I think that's fair.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by glenspen
When I found out that the parts manager at Stevens' Creek was a subydude who also happens to hook up the modding community I was very happy. I'm tired of feeling like I was being screwed by stealerships and it's good to know we have an "inside man" who gives it to you straight.

When I dealt with Steven's creek Subaru recently I didn't have to step foot in the place..I asked for Ryan, got hooked up and the parts arrived directly and correctly.

Take advantage fellow i-clubbers, and don't forget the secret phrase "I've recently greased my bushings"
Hell yeah, though next time i go into the parts dept (where I get all my parts) I'll say "I've recently greased my bushings". WE ALL WILL!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 PM

Car Info: WRX 2002
Originally Posted by Unit 91
Don't pull the "PM me" crap. Put it out there. If you want to say something, then say it. If there is anything I can do for you I will. But don't be the sheepish one in the corner hoping to get people interested.

If it's really bad PM me and let me try to resolve it first.

I think that's fair.

Fair enough. I had my AC belt and alternator belt replaced around 10k miles ago. Both are snapped and they tell me that vermin/rodents residing in my engine bay could be the cause ?! I paid $150 in labor and $40 in parts to get the 2 replaced and when I brought this up with some other car savy people they just laughed at me, hey but I paid for it so I only have myself to blame. Another $150 just to have it diagnosed. I just felt like I was taken for a ride.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:31 PM

Nada

Last edited by brucelee; 07-08-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:31 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

I'm sorry you feel that way. PM me some name info and I'll look at the RO and maybe give you some better feedback.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:34 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Originally Posted by brucelee
^^^

I know every dealership will charge that price, but dude, I just had the same thing done at GST for about 1/12 of the priice. Thats without the diagnosis fee.
I'm going to ask you very, very nicely to keep other shops and "I did XYZ at another shop for less" out of this. That isn't even remotely the point of this thread.

I don't mean to bash other shops, but not a single independent shop in the Bay has the same training and resources as any Subaru dealer. Yes, you pay more for that.

That includes AHQ... I don't care if their owner was a Subaru trained tech. Training can be out of touch. I'm not trying to bash anyone. Just stating a fact.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:40 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
No experience with parts - though you obviously have pride for it so it would be unlikely you wouldn't work hard and make a good experience for you patrons.

Sales - would never buy a car there. 'Nuff said. Three horrible customer service experiences on three different days with three different reps.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Flaming