Stevens Creek Flaming

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:53 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by moosehed
South Coast? how far South we talking about, San Diego I thought this was Bay Area Chapter
Originally Posted by Gibz
People also call Stevens Creek Subaru SCS.
http://www.blitzgear.com/gallery/dis...bum=14&pos=575

hey im just saying south coast subaru puts SCS on thier show cars and race cars

but yeah same letters

Last edited by sigma pi; 07-09-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 AM

Car Info: 12 STi
damn, what i missed!?

well, for service, I've never taken my suby there before only because many of my friends own a shop.

sales, i got my first suby there back in 2000, at a pretty good deal too. Then towards the end of last year when I was shopping again. Stevens Creek tried really hard to get a car for me, but they simply didn't have the inventory or able to get a car for the price I wanted (they would have given it to me at the price I wanted if they had it in their inventory). I remember Ryan even talked to the sales guy to help me out.

parts, damn, i met Ryan back in Fremont Subaru and he has been great to me. I remember calling in for the part but didn't leave a name or number. He actually tracked me down through i-club and hooked me up with the parts! Although I don't always buy, he always do his best in getting me a quote and answer my questions. As for pricing, yeah, he might not be able to match some of the online pricing, but damn close. And I would much rather buy from him in person than to save online.

overall, i have had WAAAAAAY worst experience with Capitol and Diablo Subaru... Oh my whole suby shopping experience was so bad i actually ended up NOT getting one...
Old 07-09-2009, 08:58 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by Yin
scs = costa mesa
OK we agree

octomom brought down california

and scs is in costa mesa hahaha
Old 07-09-2009, 08:59 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I never did get why people bombed on them, I got my FSM's from the parts counter and they had them in fast, and all the right ones I needed.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:59 AM

Car Info: 2007 WRX CGM
The parts and services department at SCS may have changed but you gotta understand that most of your customers had to go through the SALES department first and from my own experience, that left a very sour taste that will probably never go away.

I'm not going to go into detail because I've accepted it but pretty much bought a brand new wrx only to find out the next day that there was a scrape on my rear bumper.. took ti back and was told that I had done it myself and that it is my problem. Called SOA to complain and all I got was a poster and a keychain. Later on found out that my car had been in an accident and was repainted.. never disclosed to me.

Therefore, I don't think I will ever have anything to do with SCS ever again.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:00 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by Unit 91
That reminds me... I need to call and harass you at work more.
t -_____- t

NO! hahaha
Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM
mda

Car Info: ?
All it takes is asking for a bit more or showing me another price. Will I match online? Absolutely not. Sorry, it isn't going to happen. Will I get close? Yeah... in 90% of cases I don't have a problem with that at all.
Completely understandable here...

What really cracks me up is that a lot of you never even bothered asking a question that would probably have either pointed out a mistake or helped to gain a better understanding. You just leave and then bash us on the internet. It makes me laugh.
Obviously it doesn't. I mean, you did make this thread.

Sure, you gave to the community last year for the meet and well...for the most part it was a gesture of good will. A very good one at that! Thank you for it. Some of us have experiences with your place of employment that make us shy away from it... Don't take it so personal.

Here's my story.

My father and I go to your dealership, late 04...early 05 @7pm-ish (the 05s just dropped). My dad is on the fence about either an STi or a z06 and is ready to pull the trigger at that very moment.
We come from across the street at the chevy dealer...where he was able to test drive the z06. We walk up to a salesman, he gives the salesman the exact same information (Z06 vs STi) and that he's willing to purchase right now. Salesman scoffs shows us a few cars then the shop to the left of your building which had ~6-7 WRXs in there getting work done and then brings us into the dealership. No test drive or anything, wants to start talking paperwork and the purchase of the car. He's then reminded that paperwork on the car won't be discussed until he knows that the STi is something that he wants... verses the Z06. This goes on for an hour or so, we left...walked out...because well, apparently the salesman didn't need to sell a car or didn't want to serve up info to a ~40yr old man who stated that it was his car, that I would not be test driving it and that things would be fine.... et cetera.

A little later that week we go to SSF subaru and he test drives, then purchases a brand new STi for a damn good price. Mind you, this is a distance away as he lives in San Jose. He gets all service work done at SSF Subaru and even gets the windshield and rear glass replaced there... Why? Because they went the extra mile to make sure he was happy in the beginning.

Sure, your company may have changed in the last 4+ years, but... when I think of Subaru dealerships to buy a car from... the one you work at is last on the list.

Much like a restaurant that you go to and get food poisoning from.. You won't be returning without having quite a few people close to you or quite a few reviews showing how awesome and amazing the place is. Am I right?

Again... thanks for last year's meet. It went well and for the most part the California Subaru communities appreciated it. Sorry to hear that your company doesn't want to sponsor / promote themselves at this meet.

Have a good day Sir.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by jic
this was their famous line to me
"yeah we offer the iclub discounts on parts, i will get you the total for everything first."
after i paid for it, i saw that there was no discount whatsoever.. no biggie, coulda saved a few bucks..but i aint going back there again.

its either he was A.lying out of his *** B.a f*ckin retard and forgets what he says after 20 seconds checking up part numbers.

edit: if chris is the fat asian guy with the crazy hair, hes cool...but the other skinny mexican or white guy... no good
Yes chris is the fat asian guy with the crazy hair, I'm pretty sure because I am him lol. but would you say crazy hair in a good way? or bad? I always wonder what people are thinking when they see my hair lol.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI - OBP
I personally had a bad experience with the sales department when i was looking for my STI. They were using the 3 man system to screw people.

1. First person meets you on the lot pretty much tracks you down before you could make it to the showroom.
2. After you do test drive and start to sit down then you deal with the floor guy.
3. the floor guy goes back and forth to the sales manager in his little booth "trying" to get you a better deal. After he went back and forth 3 times on finance rates, i realized I couldn't trust anything they said and left. At which point the sales manager guy ran out of the booth and tried to deal with me as i was walking off the lot. The next day i went to Carlsen and got the best rate and car i wanted with no hassels through their online guy.

Edit:
The parts department has been nice to work with. I had to get a rear turn signal light and the guy i worked with was very helpful... this was about 6 months ago.

Only bad part is dodging sales people as you are trying to walk inside.

Last edited by knight; 07-09-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Commenting on Parts Department.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
speaking of which, I need to drop by today for a couple oil filters.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 AM

My brother and I both bought our WRX's from Steven's Creek Subaru (mine in 03, his in 06). We both bought from Massood (whom I went to high school with, and therefore kind of knew), so the buying experience was not bad. We just said we wanted to pay invoice, he basically said ok, and that was that.

However, when I was making my purchase, (I believe it was the manager at the time who was doing the paperwork, etc.) I asked both Massood and the Manager "Hey, can you guys throw in the rubber floor mats?" and Massood said "Sure." Well, I go back the next day to pick up my mats, only to be told by Massood that he meant I could buy them using his discount. So I'm trying to explain to him that "throw in" means free, not "discounted." Well, he disagreed, or pretended as if he had told me something different. The manager then comes out and basically yells at me for trying to get something free out of them, and says that because it was not in the sales contract, they did not have to honor it. Douche.

Also, the day before actually making my purchase, I went in for a test drive. I didn't care who took me on the test drive, so I went with some random sales person. I told him upfront that I was not going to buy today. It seemed as if he understood. Well, after the test drive, this dick is now all in my face (along with his manager) about why I'm not buying today, etc. Listen retard, didn't I just say that I'm not going to buy today? You knew this, and decided to take me on a test drive anyways. Don't f'in act like I now owe you something. So the next day, I go in to buy from Massood (because we had already agreed on a price via email/phone), and I basically get "mean-mugged" from that douche salesman from the night before. Again, you took me on a test drive...BFD. That doesn't mean I automatically have to come to buy the car from you, especially when you were in my face the last time we spoke.

So, from my experiences, Stevens Creek Sales has always had good prices, but crappy service. The salespeople/managers were (maybe still are?) just plain rude and seem to employ a type of "scare tactics." Seriously, few things **** me off more than "aggressive" sales people. Look, if I want to buy it, I will - I don't need your dumbass to convince me of it. Nothing you say will change my mind - you're simply a nuisance standing in the way. Honestly, if car dealerships worked like normal stores, i.e. I decide what I want to buy and bring it up to the counter to pay, it's make the experience all that much better.

Now, I'm sure the "douche-ness" of Steven's Creek salespeople is not unique in car dealerships, but they're the most recent experiences I've had, so they've left a lasting impression.
________
Healthy relationship advice dicussion

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Chris in parts is the man. He is a cool guy and always hooks it up with the i-club discount. Last summer when I ordered a bunch of parts the discount ended up being pretty large.

You rock Chris!
Thanks for your kind words Will . All of us has worked hard to help out everyone the best we can. Offering I club discount is just part of it. I would like to think we helped people out with sound(if needed) as well. I'm pretty sure the sales dept is the same at any dealership. From what I have observed it seems as if sales guys come and go, they bounce around from dealership to dealership. but like Unit 91 said Mark and Masood are awesome guys.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:27 AM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
www.bayareasubaru.com

If you want a car try there or call directly and ask for Masood or Mike.
Masoods the man! Actually the other guy... Mark maybe (this was 3 years ago). Mark emailed me what I wanted to see. He was out of town so Masood helped me with the sale. He had my STi waiting for me outside and was sure that I didn't push the car over 4K when I test drove it. After sitting in his office for what felt like 3 and a half days, I got approved for the loan and I made my way to the financing chick. She was cool too! I think she was mad at her boss, so she just gave me stuff for free!

But one day I went it for an oil change... there was a guy there. He looked like a corporate guy. He had a fancy blue tooth ear piece. He performed the initial inspection and pointed out a scuff that I knew was there.. i dunno.. he seemed like a tool. Especially the way he answered his phone.. I think it was his wife.

Went to parts once. Dude behind the counter told me to look for stuff on I-club. haha. he was cool though.

Anyways.. Masood is the man.. and I will have to bring my car there for service again.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Angry Wtfmate?

Well, it's been 6 mo's since I've logged in, and I didn't ever want to come back to this place... but a little birdie pointed me in this direction, and I'm not going to let people just shrug Ryan off.

If there was ANYONE who hated stevens creek subaru to his very core, it was me. I too, had a bad buying experience there about 9 years ago, never bought from them. Never liked the stories I'd hear on I-club in the 01-04 years. At some point in 2002 I was VERY close to organizing a picket and protest on stevens creek. I was ready to amass all customers who had problems, and also contact media. I backed down, cause I had priorities with school and just couldn't find the time to put it all together. But I was serious, and anyone who saw my thread from back then knows I was.

But I love to go to Stevens Creek Subaru. It's all because of Ryan. I can drive up, walk straight to parts, and I don't get hassled by anyone. No one makes fun of my RS, telling me to buy a real subaru (wrx/sti)... None of that happens anymore, and it hasn't for years.

It is NOT the same place as it once was, it has no relationship to M4. You aren't going to get hassled there by a salesmen any more than you would at any other dealership, esp in these economic times. They are there to sell cars, that's their jobs. They aren't going to wait on you hand and foot.

BTW, the dealerships with sales depts that were always known for brown nosing are gone, and almost gone. Ron Price is GONE, and the other (which i'm not a liberty to discuss) is nearly gone... somehow they're surviving on crutches at this point. So, as a business stand point, the argument about great service from sales (IE: giving in to customer demands) doesn't look like it works in the long run. Not that I'm commending any dealership that is abusive or overly aggressive during sales is the way it should be. The way it should be is the way it is now at Stevens creek. It's 100% professional, they aren't going to put you down or harass you, and also, they aren't going to be pushed around by an aggressive customer.

Yes, if you need parts, Go to ryan. I can PM, call, text and ping his *** on loopt with my crazy questions, and he is NEVER annoyed. At least, he doesn't show it

If I can drop the past and go to stevens creek, anyone can. I ask that everyone stop bashing them, and give them a try. Especially that parts dept.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:40 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
I don't get what all of this "scum of the earth" salesman nonsense is all about. In case you guys didn't know, sales people make their living off of commissions, which are generated from the amount the buyer pays over cost for any particular product. If you go somewhere and pay too much, its only because you didn't do your homework and the sales person did their JOB.

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Flaming