Stevens Creek Flaming

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Unit 91
I'm going to ask you very, very nicely to keep other shops and "I did XYZ at another shop for less" out of this. That isn't even remotely the point of this thread.

I don't mean to bash other shops, but not a single independent shop in the Bay has the same training and resources as any Subaru dealer. Yes, you pay more for that.

That includes AHQ... I don't care if their owner was a Subaru trained tech. Training can be out of touch. I'm not trying to bash anyone. Just stating a fact.
Aye, sorry. Wasn't a stab at your dealership, I was talking about doing his experience particularly, and sorry, didn't mean any harm, and I'll edit my post.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:47 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
First off Ryan, I have nothing but respect for you and what you did to get the image of Stevens Creek turned around. I can understand why you feel defensive about it.

Second, it was to my understanding that the thread was aimed directly at Method4, and not to Stevens Creek Suby itself. Unfortunately, it takes one to ruin a party, so to speak.......
Old 07-08-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Ive been to Stevens creek Subaru before and yes things were different then.

I can't vouch for the sales department but the parts/ services have changed completely. Ryan is a cool guy and he's more than willing to help and answer any questions. Even if you're just dropping by to say hi, he'll come out from his busy schedule to say hello.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Ryan, I have to say, before you got there I was fairly displeased with Steven's Creek Subaru in general. After having met you in person and talking with you at the meet last year I felt confident that you were actually making a change over there at Steven's Creek Subaru.

Oh, I did recently get a set of the 04+ mounts from you guys. I didn't realize that the brackets were different on the 02-03 WRX than the 04+. The 04+ seem to be able to bolt down on both sides while the 02-03 WRX has 1 side that can bolt down and 1 side that is kind of a slip fit. I also got new hardware, they ended up being like a 14mm instead of a 12mm that I needed (no worries though as I found what I needed over at OSH). I'd recommend if anyone is coming in to purchase the new mounts you might want to consider having it all together in 1 package (or have the customer at least take a look under their car to see which kind of brackets they have as they might need all of the new stuff). However that was partly my bad as I didn't realize I needed all of it together. I called up on a Saturday and got (DemonPossessed) on the phone and he was completely helpful and was able to get the brackets ordered up for me. I was very pleased with the overall service and just wanted to give you my feedback.

I definitely want to say that I have been receiving Excellent help from you and your entire staff and really hope everyone keeps up the good work.

Last edited by JelloChex; 07-09-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:08 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
I was actually at SCSubaru this past Saturday with a friend looking for a new WRX for him. Amir (I think that was his name) met us at the door and walked us immediately to what my friend was looking for. Unfortunately, he was extremely pushy with his sales tactics, and when I was test driving the car (friend isn't 100% confident in driving stick yet), Amir insisted that I take the car to 6k rpm. This car only had 23 miles on it when I got in, and I didn't feel comfortable pushing the motor because I know how Subarus love to burn oil and need that break in period. However, he told me multiple times to take it to 6k, so I did just to make him be quiet. After we left, my friend was extremely turned off by his sales tactics, and I was very iffy on buying a car there if their salesmen are basically badgering customers to push the motors so early in their life.

However, Ryan has been awesome to do business with. If ever I need a part from a local dealership, Ryan is the first and most likely the last that I need to talk to.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:09 AM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Ryan, Joey, Miguel, Chris and Anthony, you are all doing a fantastic job at what you do in the parts department!!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:16 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
I have to say something... I honestly don't mind the hard test drives. I subscribe to the '0' miles break-in policy.

As far as pushy sales tactics go... they're salesmen. I assure you that they're all the same.

Brian, thanks mate. Appreciate it.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:21 AM

Car Info: EQ Tuned Wagon ;)
i know its off topic, but its about another salesman i think carlos? i got calls everyday even when i had found a car! lol but since im hearing a lot of positives ill try you guys out before i try and deal with the new subaru in burlingame
Old 07-09-2009, 12:23 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

www.bayareasubaru.com

If you want a car try there or call directly and ask for Masood or Mike.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:36 AM

Car Info: nothing
stevens creek is the last dealership place i would go. thank you.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:40 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Originally Posted by Traxamillion
stevens creek is the last dealership place i would go. thank you.
Why don't you back that up with solid facts about why?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:49 AM

Car Info: 2009 wrx
i bought my wrx there. i don't think the salesman was too happy with me, but the manager was pretty cool. he knows how to word up the ladies. he kept callin my gf "beautiful woman" all the time and stuff. funny guy never used the parts dept though, but i'll definitely give them a try if i ever need stuff. i'd love to support a fellow i-clubber.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:56 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
lol im trying to get a job there.....
Old 07-09-2009, 01:22 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
^ Good luck with that.

I've always had great service at the parts department. As for the sales department, well, a car salesman is a car salesman.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
i picked up my bugeye in january 2002. the salesperson tried to tell me my car was twin turboed. did not fly. 4 hours later, i left getting the car at 23400 which i thought was decent. kind of annoying sales tactics, but i could have gotten the same price without the hassle from santa cruz but i just didn't want to make the drive. in 2003 or 2004
(i forget) they wanted to charge me 16 bucks for an oil filter...I did it becuase for some reason nobody else had it in stock and I wanted to change my oil filter the same day. It also didn't come with a crush washer for some reason...(i'm one of those people who HAVE to replace that washer every oil change...personal pet peeve.) That price annoyed me for a bit too. Sales dept always gave me a nasty look since they knew when I showed up I wasn't getting another car...just for a random part or something...

I've never had an issue with parts of service...because every time I had service done, I was in another part of the state and just did it a a dealership or shop locally.

but either way...7 years later...I still rock my stevens creek subaru licence plate frame that came with the car =)

Quick Reply: Stevens Creek Flaming