Stevens Creek Flaming

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 AM

I guess all the people who got screwed are stupid and lazy that don't do their homework. And the the hardworking salespeople there are putting in a honest day's work to put food on their tables.

I get it now. thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by JArnaud
I don't get what all of this "scum of the earth" salesman nonsense is all about. In case you guys didn't know, sales people make their living off of commissions, which are generated from the amount the buyer pays over cost for any particular product. If you go somewhere and pay too much, its only because you didn't do your homework and the sales person did their JOB.
As far as I'm concerned, the days of the consumer needing the salesperson are gone. With the advent of the internet, consumer research guides, etc., the customer oftentimes knows more about the car/computer/etc. than the salesperson (which, IMO, isn't much - think Fry's Electronics). So basically, when I go into a store/dealership/etc. I know what I want, and I just need him to get it for me. Therefore, just by virtue of being there, he's making commission off of the "sale" simply because I have no choice but to go through him. I didn't put a gun up to his head and make him go into that line of work - I sure as hell don't owe him the opportunity to feed me his BS trying to convince me that I want something different than what I came in wanting.
________
WEED VAPORIZERS

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Ze Mole!

Car Info: 2009 Forester X Limited, 1988 BMW 535IS
I hear the parts dude there gives great hand jobs
Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
When it comes to sales people, being pusy is part of the job. You have to realize that as an ethusiast you are not the average customer, you know about the car, all the features, what options you want and what you dont want. You are the minority when it comes to the customers that they deal with. Their job is to try to upsell to the average client, the client who knows very little about the product and what they want. This is who their pitch is tailored to, not you the informed buyer. Sales people are the same everywhere, if you dont want to deal with overly aggressive sales people, I suggest you do what I did and buy from a broker who you just call, tell them what you want, pay a nominal fee and let them find the best deal for you. Less time, less energy and no pushy sales people.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by WagonMonster
I hear the parts dude there gives great hand jobs
I heard that too, but I heard it from you.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
i'm here for the gangbang
Old 07-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Ze Mole!

Car Info: 2009 Forester X Limited, 1988 BMW 535IS
Originally Posted by Yin
i'm here for the gangbang
*grope*
Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by WagonMonster
I know the parts dude there gives great hand jobs
i bet you dirty man
Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
I bought my '08 from Stevens Creek, although I had Yohan deal with Jeff (gm, I think?) and the other guys at the "main office". Got over 7k off sticker and 0% for 63mo. The whole thing was smooth, and actually pleasant.

I've been back there for a couple of oil changes, wheel balancing, and buying of parts from Ryan, so I've had some opportunities to chat around with some of their salesmen. I'd say look for Masood if you need a salesman. He was very accomodating and understanding when I brought my friend to test drive an outback sport, then back the next day to test drive a wrx. I even told Masood outright that I want my friend to think about it first, and he's ok with it.

EDIT: What's this I hear about hand jobs? LOL

Last edited by zergling; 07-09-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:31 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by zergling
I bought my '08 from Stevens Creek, although I had Yohan deal with Jeff (gm, I think?) and the other guys at the "main office". Got over 7k off sticker and 0% for 63mo. The whole thing was smooth, and actually pleasant.

I've been back there for a couple of oil changes, wheel balancing, and buying of parts from Ryan, so I've had some opportunities to chat around with some of their salesmen. I'd say look for Masood if you need a salesman. He was very accomodating and understanding when I brought my friend to test drive an outback sport, then back the next day to test drive a wrx. I even told Masood outright that I want my friend to think about it first, and he's ok with it.
Yohan is a good guy.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:41 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Originally Posted by kyoung05
I didn't put a gun up to his head and make him go into that line of work - I sure as hell don't owe him the opportunity to feed me his BS trying to convince me that I want something different than what I came in wanting.
No one put a gun to your head and told you to walk into a dealership and buy a car either. And I agree, if you go into a dealership knowing exactly what you want, it should be as simple as that. But not everyone knows the ins and outs of these cars as many people on these forums do. Car salesman do serve a purpose, otherwise they wouldn't exist.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Is this a fair asessment?
Cliff Notes:

Steven's Creek Subaru sucked years ago.
They have and will continue to improve.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by zergling

EDIT: What's this I hear about hand jobs? LOL
go up to the parts manager and say " i recently got my car lubed "

then the magic happens

glad this thread cleared up some stuff with stevens creek subaru
Old 07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Is this a fair asessment?
hand jobs
Old 07-09-2009, 11:50 AM
rau