Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season

Old 09-27-2015, 03:17 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Another bad game. This time it's Kaepernick 's fault. We should have seen Gabbert earlier. Kaepernick can't read a defense and throw and let the receiver make a play. He has to see it open, and he makes late throws.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:19 PM

I knew they'd be bad, but not this bad. Wow. Terrible all around. It wasn't just Kap's fault, everybody else was terrible too. Defense giving up rushes and passes. Kap playing pathetically (16.7 QBR? lol).

Pretty much expect the same results next week as well. Rodgers is going to FEAST on the 49er secondary. I don't expect a 40 point blowout since it's a short week for the Packers, but somewhere in the 20 point range seems reasonable.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:28 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Jesus that was awful. Looked like simple reads he totally blew for the pick 6's. Just awful all around.

Lot of Kaepernick bashing which is naturally deserved but the defense was horrendous. Seems like any team can throw the ball 20+ yards down the field and it will be complete.

Going to be a rough season unless something changes. I fail to see how that'll happen though.

Credit to Arizona though, seriously underrated. They are just running the NFC right now.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
What year is it again? It seems like I may have been in a coma for a few years. Someone mentioned that the 49ers were a good football team two years ago and I'm having a hard time believing them. It's like I fell asleep in 2010. What's going on? Harbaugh who? Doesn't he coach Stanford?

-Brian
Old 09-28-2015, 05:56 PM

I expect the secondary to continue to get lit up until the tail end of the year when those guys get more experience.

No excuse for the offense not scoring. Niners need to get with the program of the NFL, power running doesn't work without the passing and quit hitting aerial game.

Boy do I miss the Steve Young days when the passing attack was on time and moving the chains. If you're a power running team, you can't fall behind, and Kaepernick has no touch nor is he hitting receivers to let them make plays on time. It's almost impossible to come back once down. A lot of teams have adjusted against Kaepernick since his "Hay" day back against the Packers in the playoffs.

I hear that Gabbert would be worse, could be true since the o-line can't hold for 2-3 seconds in the pocket. But at least he'll be throwing the rock on time... I imagine teams stacking the box until Kaep figures this one out.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:19 PM

Finally figured out the future of Kaepernick. His future is Michael Vick!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:36 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Glad I didnt watch the game, I was at the A's/Giants battle of the bay.

Checked the score twice while I was at the baseball game... man
Old 09-29-2015, 04:46 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Wow, did everyone see Alex Smith completely pick apart the Packers? Wow, the 49ers really screwed up by trading him away. Look at how much better off they would have been by still committing to him.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:36 PM

^At least Alex put up a fight, I don't see the Niners with Kaepernick put up any type of a fight once they're down. Supposedly "explosive" offense is more of a ball control, gotta be ahead, type of game. Niners need to catch up with the rest of the league. Teams have adjusted to Kaep, he's easy to figure out.

It is what it is, still amazed the Niners picked Alex over Aaron, in any case, come this weekend I expect the Niners to get thrashed and throttled.

LOL @ the Pick where Kaepernick tried to add "touch" to the ball, that thing was ugly as hell, super short of where Torrey was. Kaepernick doesn't let the receiver... be receivers. He can do just as well with rookies/nobodies catching the ball since he never lets the receivers actually make a play. Only throws when they're wide open, instead of throwing them open to make a play.

The dude has to throw the ball up 1v1 after he reads where the double coverage is and let the receiver make a play. Freaky athleticism, arm, but super slow when making a decision to get rid of the ball. I mean look at Rodgers, ball is out on flat routs in less than .5 seconds. Even Kaepernick can't throw an out route with good timing. He's only been good running the pistol. His short game is terrible too, this is what most guys use, Peyton/Brady, etc. they just keep it short until they see a breakdown and then they let it go deep. Kaepernick can't hit short routes on time, and his TIMING is non existent. Lots of timing routes in the rest of the NFL, Kaepernick just doesn't have trust in himself to put it where it needs to go at the right time. Can't play backyard ball (see the guy open) before you throw, it's way too late.

Niners should draft a QB in the next years draft or see how Gabbert does the last half of this year (at least he can get the ball out on time and put it where it needs to be put instead of needing to see guys open and throw the ball late) and groom them for a year and then hopefully the QB will be ready.

Last edited by iLoqin; 09-29-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
If the offensive offensive line plays like it has thus far Gabbert's going to be even worse off than Kaepernick.

-Brian
Old 09-30-2015, 03:17 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
It seems that everyone has forgotten Harbaugh built the franchise on stout defense and a power run game. Kaep was never that good at his job, even at the peak of his success. Jim's whole offense was carried on the shoulders of Gore and the threat of Kaep's scrambling.

Once again the QB gets either too much credit or too much blame for the team's ups and downs. Now that the team has mediocre talent, Kaep's flaws are easier to expose and capitalize on. But he's still the same qb he was when he joined the team.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
It seems that everyone has forgotten Harbaugh built the franchise on stout defense and a power run game. Kaep was never that good at his job, even at the peak of his success. Jim's whole offense was carried on the shoulders of Gore and the threat of Kaep's scrambling.

Once again the QB gets either too much credit or too much blame for the team's ups and downs. Now that the team has mediocre talent, Kaep's flaws are easier to expose and capitalize on. But he's still the same qb he was when he joined the team.
Which would make any new weapon more of the same until a new QB takes over and has better pocket presence.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:20 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
What Pocket?

They might as well call it the "Ole" Line. He has no time at all in the pocket before it is already collapsing with people either in his face or around his feet. The Offensive Line has gotten worse than last year. Note that last year he was Sacked 52 times. He has already been Sacked 8 times so far this Season. That's unacceptable. Yes, there is blame for him for holding on to the ball too long, but at the same time, he needs time in order to go through his reads.

The Vikings game showed he has grown through the help of Kurt Warner in the Offseason. He hasn't mastered all of the stuff Warner was showing him, but his footwork had improvement, he was going through his Receiver Progressions, he had more "touch" on his passes, not just hucking the ball at full speed every time he would throw it.

Now, look at the opponents the 49ers have faced in the first three games. Two of those teams are legitimate Super Bowl Contenders with the Cardinals potentially representing the NFC, and the Steelers potentially representing the AFC. Both of those teams should be at least in the Division Championship Games (barring the Steelers completely falling apart while Roethlisberger is recovering from his injury).

As of right now, I could see the NFC Championship Game being: Packers vs Cardinals and the AFC Championship Game being: Patriots vs Steelers.

Ultimately, do you REALLY Believe Blaine Gabbert is an upgrade over Kaepernick? Seriously?

Right now, the 49ers Running Game is questionable if Carlos Hyde goes down. The Offensive Line is seriously suspect. The Defense isn't intimidating in the way that it used to be. The loss of Aldon hurts, but the bigger losses very well may have been Chris Borland and Justin Smith. The Cowboy could constantly push the pocket and required being double-teamed. Borland had become a tackling machine last season. The loss of Patrick Willis hurt as well, but Navarro Bowman was actually becoming an even better player than Willis, and if Borland was still on the team, he would have been completely able to replace Willis and have the 49ers Defense still be in good shape.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:41 AM

The Vikings game was a fluke. Any team with a competent throwing QB will just own this 49er defense. I don't see them getting any relief until week 13 against Chicago. Then you have an amateur coaching staff that has no clue how to run a team, or adjust to situations when they are down. They are overusing Hyde and he's going to get injured at this rate.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by JelloChex
What Pocket?

They might as well call it the "Ole" Line. He has no time at all in the pocket before it is already collapsing with people either in his face or around his feet. The Offensive Line has gotten worse than last year. Note that last year he was Sacked 52 times. He has already been Sacked 8 times so far this Season. That's unacceptable. Yes, there is blame for him for holding on to the ball too long, but at the same time, he needs time in order to go through his reads.

The Vikings game showed he has grown through the help of Kurt Warner in the Offseason. He hasn't mastered all of the stuff Warner was showing him, but his footwork had improvement, he was going through his Receiver Progressions, he had more "touch" on his passes, not just hucking the ball at full speed every time he would throw it.

Now, look at the opponents the 49ers have faced in the first three games. Two of those teams are legitimate Super Bowl Contenders with the Cardinals potentially representing the NFC, and the Steelers potentially representing the AFC. Both of those teams should be at least in the Division Championship Games (barring the Steelers completely falling apart while Roethlisberger is recovering from his injury).

As of right now, I could see the NFC Championship Game being: Packers vs Cardinals and the AFC Championship Game being: Patriots vs Steelers.

Ultimately, do you REALLY Believe Blaine Gabbert is an upgrade over Kaepernick? Seriously?

Right now, the 49ers Running Game is questionable if Carlos Hyde goes down. The Offensive Line is seriously suspect. The Defense isn't intimidating in the way that it used to be. The loss of Aldon hurts, but the bigger losses very well may have been Chris Borland and Justin Smith. The Cowboy could constantly push the pocket and required being double-teamed. Borland had become a tackling machine last season. The loss of Patrick Willis hurt as well, but Navarro Bowman was actually becoming an even better player than Willis, and if Borland was still on the team, he would have been completely able to replace Willis and have the 49ers Defense still be in good shape.
Gabbert is better at throwing the ball, I really believe that. But behind this line I doubt he will be successful.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season