Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 12:14 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea, this is the end. Kaepernick will have surgery and be ready for next year somewhere else.

Last edited by iLoqin; 11-21-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:59 AM

* I have more time for other things nowadays.
* Turned the game off after early 2nd quarter and down 20pts.

1) The team just isn't as good as Seattle
2) Gabbert still scored more than Kaepernick has done up there in the Clink
3) Actually closed the gape when it was 20-10
4) Can't get off on 3rd downs (typical R. Wilson uncontained and using his legs to make plays)
5) Can't stop the run, and this is the worst part (knowing the other team is gonna run and you can't do a damn thing about it)
Old 11-24-2015, 08:15 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
50/50 that he even makes it though the entire game. Also Im sure you watched Manziel against the Steelers. Outside of the initial fumble and a couple of bad throws, he was rock solid.
This is the kind of stuff I was talking about... dude is a joke. He's going to Ryan Leaf his way out of the NFL. You'd think people would learn.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/johnny-...225230374.html

McCown is better in pretty much every category over a longer spread of time. Better yards per attempt. Better QB rating. Better completion percentage. Less sacks per drop back. Etc. He's a better QB for the browns. Period.

If he's better for the brown's than Johnny then who the hell is johnny good for?

SF? Nope. Better off running Gabbert and going QB in the first round this year.

STL? Maybe... that's honestly about the only place that would make sense but their issues aren't just at QB. Foles isn't as bad as he looks there.

Vikings? Nope.

Seattle? Nope.

Buffalo? Nope. I'd run Taylor.

Dallas? Nope. Romo is way better. After him... yeah maybe. He'd be as good a back up as weeden. I could see him ending up there but they'd be wise to go elsewear.

Tennesee... nope.

KC? Nope. That's a control offense. He's the last thing they need. They will more than likely be looking for a QB in the draft or in FA. They're issues are more to do with having no one that can catch the damned ball and **** play calling.

Tampa? Nope.

Miami? Maybe but it's a toss up over there. They have crap coaching over there. Some of the worst I've ever seen.

Washington? Nah. I could see it just because they stuck with Rg3 so long. But to me he's not much different.

Seriously.. those are statistically the worst passing offenses in the NFL and he's an improvement at at best 2 of them.

If I was the Browns I'd do whatever I could to trade him for value now while people think there's an upside. Get some value out of him. I'd stick with McCown as the starter and draft his replacement because he's getting older.

If you can draft someone with big upside that needs time and get 1-2 years out of McCown I'd go that route.

I'd draft a QB this year and I'd draft targets and an RB.

If I was them I'd get some attention to Johhny and trade his ***. Draft Lych. Dude has great tools but will need some time to not get thrown to the wolves. I'd draft Lynch but start McCown for the next year... no questions asked. Then the following season you see what Lynch can do. If he wins the job you can milk McCown as a quality back up for 2 more years while you take a flyer in the 2017 or 18 draft.

Draft Ragland for the defense in the second round or maybe Thomas at WR. Take a look at OJ Howard in the 3rd or Kyle Murphy. Jake butt if he's still there. In the 4th I'd look at McCay if they haven't pulled a WR yet. If they have I'd look at Hegarty or Day. If they trade Johnny football they're probably gonna pick up picks in the 3rd/4th so maybe they get more than one there. Maybe even grab Woods out of USC. Then Seymour out of USC in the 5th or maybe D.J. White.

Anyways... I'd look at defense, TE/WR/OL and QB in the draft. I'd take a flyer on Byron Marshall too.

Any way you look at it... I'd trade that fool now while you can. Run McCown and draft a WR to follow him next year. Trade him and get more picks. Try to fill out that defense and pull in some more targets and get a new RB.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:26 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Wow there was some ****ty calls!!!!!
Old 11-30-2015, 09:40 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by The Law
Gabbert does seem better than CK7 though... essentially 600 yards passing in 2 starts with a QB rating around 95. 2 TD/ 1 INT (since the bye). That first game was a here dude... I know you weren't expecting it but you're starting.

And that's with a terrible run game and an o-line playing like garbage. With Hyde back there he'd probably be doing even better. And the niners don't have all that much to throw to either at this point.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Not a bad game. Our offense really hasn't been explosive for a few years but considering injuries and the o-line, I really like Shane Draughn. Runs with a purpose. he's no hyde but he's doing a decent job filling in as a nobody ha

Yea Gabbert has been smart with the ball. In this situation I think sitting back for half the season has been in his benefit, he can come in and be cool/calm/collected and make smart choices. I guess (kind of a long shot) but he's kind of like Alex Smith. Runs when he needs to, makes smart passes and doesn't turn the ball over. I'm ok with him for now this season.

I don't know what the deal will be with Kaep. I feel like if we let him go it'll come back to hurt us but who knows. Combo injury/offenseive line maybe a bunch of pressure not helping him play well. I like him, I mean **** look at the last couple years. He's had so much success
Old 11-30-2015, 11:05 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
Not a bad game. Our offense really hasn't been explosive for a few years but considering injuries and the o-line, I really like Shane Draughn. Runs with a purpose. he's no hyde but he's doing a decent job filling in as a nobody ha

Yea Gabbert has been smart with the ball. In this situation I think sitting back for half the season has been in his benefit, he can come in and be cool/calm/collected and make smart choices. I guess (kind of a long shot) but he's kind of like Alex Smith. Runs when he needs to, makes smart passes and doesn't turn the ball over. I'm ok with him for now this season.

I don't know what the deal will be with Kaep. I feel like if we let him go it'll come back to hurt us but who knows. Combo injury/offenseive line maybe a bunch of pressure not helping him play well. I like him, I mean **** look at the last couple years. He's had so much success
I think they're gonna draft a QB and open it up for a QB competition next year. They'll hold CK as long as possible then dump him if he doesn't look good. I don't know exactly how his contract is structured but they might try and trade him. I know it's a cheap contract structure so a few teams could take a flyer on him with very little risk.

Not sure what they could get for him... maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick?
Old 11-30-2015, 11:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by The Law
That roughing the passer one has to be the most outrageous. Absolutely unbelievable.

-Brian
Old 11-30-2015, 12:53 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Second half Palmer couldn't do squat and Niners had all the momentum but refs kept bailing out Arizona repeatedly.

Niners and Pats game were borderline rigged with the way the refs were calling the game.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:20 PM

Yea, being within a drive is where I want the Niners, still wanting a high draft pick. Ain't doing **** this year and probably next year too.

Gabbert isn't bad, he makes reads and lets it fly when it needs to get somewhere.
-Does he dump off a lot? Yes, ala Alex Smith.
-Does he get the ball out on time? Sometimes too soon, but you can tell receivers have a shot now.
-Does he make a bad pass every once and a while? Yes, this is why Gabbert won't ever be prime time... but who the ****s needs prime time? Ask Dilfer how prime time he was or Big Ben when he won his first Superbowl.
-Can you build around Gabbert? I think you can, and I think it's much easier than Kaepernick.

The defense is going to get better, gotta work on that o-line... and whoever is scouting/training the Tight Ends keep going at it!

I always liked Celek and Bell, Vance has the hands issue like Vernon Davis every now and again, but I enjoy 2+ tight ends.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-01-2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:51 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Fun Fact

Alex Smith & Colin Kaepernick have the same number of 300+ yard Passing Games in their respective careers (6 Total - Both with 5 Regular Season & 1 Post Season).

Alex Smith - Total Games Played at this point - 121
Alex Smith 300-Yard Passing Games | The Football Database

Colin Kaepernick - Total Games Played at this point - 57

Colin Kaepernick 300-Yard Passing Games | The Football Database
Old 12-02-2015, 09:45 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
I think he still has something to build on. It's so easy to just dump people and move on. I get it, it's a business need results but just a shame. Hard to help teach a guy/let him get better when he gets sacked all the time
Old 12-02-2015, 09:58 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Yea, being within a drive is where I want the Niners, still wanting a high draft pick. Ain't doing **** this year and probably next year too.

Gabbert isn't bad, he makes reads and lets it fly when it needs to get somewhere.
-Does he get the ball out on time? Sometimes too soon, but you can tell receivers have a shot now.
-Does he make a bad pass every once and a while? Yes, this is why Gabbert won't ever be prime time... but who the ****s needs prime time? Ask Dilfer how prime time he was or Big Ben when he won his first Superbowl.
-Can you build around Gabbert? I think you can, and I think it's much easier than Kaepernick.

The defense is going to get better, gotta work on that o-line... and whoever is scouting/training the Tight Ends keep going at it!

I always liked Celek and Bell, Vance has the hands issue like Vernon Davis every now and again, but I enjoy 2+ tight ends.
Agreed....
Old 12-02-2015, 10:04 AM
General Pimpin'

CK7 is an explosive player. But I think a huge part of it is the systems they were in. Alex Smith isn't a big play guy but he's accurate and smart. So they put him in a ball control offense. CK7 they gave a lot more shots down the field because he can throw that far. LOL!

Alex Smith has never been that great. That's why I was hoping they'd get Rodgers... LOL! He's a low risk low reward QB and in KC he's had the worst receiver core in the NFL since he got there... terrible.

Smith is a dude that's gonna get you a QB rating in the low to mid 90's. He's gonna get you like 7 yards and attempt and like 3k a year. Usually around a 3/1 TD/INT rating. Safe.

CK7... who the hell knows what you're gonna get out of him. I think he's got value for a few teams and I see a few teams taking a shot on him just because that upside is so huge. But he's not what the niners or probably 25 other teams need. And definitely not a $100m QB. He's like Vick. Every game you're hoping for that 350 yard explosion or that 100 yard run game and 4 or 5 times a year you'll get it. Other than that you'll get losses when he throws 3 or 4 picks.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:29 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop

This about sums it up. Biggest problem is CK is how long he hangs on to the ball and still can't make a good read. Always made our ****ty O-line look that much worse. Gabbert seems to get around that with quick, smart (mostly) decisions and still manages to put up some big throws when the opportunity is there. He's actually making the O-Line look a lot better in the process.

Oh and the calls on Sunday were outrageous! Between the ridiculous roughing the passer and offensive PI calls, the refs took away a very possible win.

-- Ed

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season