Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
yea at this point in the season, do you think should we just throw in the towel and do the best we can in the draft? It seems almost worthwhile to "tank" so we can get the quarterback we need along with some offensive lineman. We really need a good handful of everything. Maybe they'll hit the free agent market hard next year and get us some corners and whatnot.

I read somewhere yesterday that maybe Kaepernick just isn't in the right system, might be better off in a read option style offense like the eagles or seahawks. He was really good with Harbaugh because that's what we ran the first year/two (plus a much better offensive line) hard to tell. I want him to have success but it clearly isn't working here right now
Old 11-09-2015, 10:41 AM

Tomsula won't go into tank mode. His job depends on him winning at least 6-8 games. Then York will have his excuse saying that Tomsula did no worse than Harbaugh, with a degraded roster. If Gabbert is an improvement, all blame will go to Kaepernick.

With that being said, the OL did a decent job protecting Gabbert. We'll see in the later games if they start turning into swiss cheese. Gabbert got hit pretty good though when Kap had to come in.

Looks like they won't bother playing Jarryd Hayne for the rest of the season. They'll just keep bringing in other players if their RBs get injured. The special teams coach doesn't like him, so I still wonder why on earth they still keep him if they had no intentions of playing him from the start.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:45 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Tomsula won't go into tank mode. His job depends on him winning at least 6-8 games. Then York will have his excuse saying that Tomsula did no worse than Harbaugh, with a degraded roster. If Gabbert is an improvement, all blame will go to Kaepernick.

With that being said, the OL did a decent job protecting Gabbert. We'll see in the later games if they start turning into swiss cheese. Gabbert got hit pretty good though when Kap had to come in.

Looks like they won't bother playing Jarryd Hayne for the rest of the season. They'll just keep bringing in other players if their RBs get injured. The special teams coach doesn't like him, so I still wonder why on earth they still keep him if they had no intentions of playing him from the start.

I wouldn't say tank but I would say... long term player evaluation has begun.

If they put Hyde on the IR you know they're not risking anything this season. So the next 2 weeks will tell a lot.

I wouldn't say that the offensive line played any better for Gabbert than it does for CK. I would say that he's much smarter in the pocket. It's easier to protect someone when you know relatively where they're gonna be.

As for CK being in the wrong system.... that could be part of it. And I guarantee you that 1 or 2 more teams at the least will give him a serious shot and winning a starting job. He's very athletic. But the problem isn't the system. He just can't read defenses. His football IQ is terrible. You can't fix that.

Seattle... no way in hell. They're not gonna move Wilson. He's got similar tools to CK and he's much much smarter.

Cleveland... maybe. Philly... maybe. He's just dumb enough to try. Denver might get desperate after Manning retires but my guess is they try to move up in the draft and snag one of the top 2 in the draft. Miami maybe. KC maybe... but I doubt it.

Most teams have better QB's than CK. Bad time to be him.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:31 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Heard on 95.7 they were talkin' about CK7's footwork, which is horrible. He's not quick to adjust his feet to put him in the right position to toss with being slow at reading coverages that just makes it even worse.

Gabbert:

1) Got the ball out on time. Even Patton got the ball that I know Kaepernick wouldn't have thrown (corner route).
2) Torrey looked surprised he got looks, made a few drops.
3) Simpson.. wtf is he? Can't catch + anger management much?
4) You get a higher IQ, but you also get the mistakes when he misreads (ie his interception, not Simpson's interception). He threw into a really covered + trailing linebacker who usually blitzes, probably didn't expect a rushing LB to have good coverage on a trailing position. Shouldn't have tossed the rock.
5) Throwing to 1v1s (I bet Boldin wanted to play) seeing as how Gabbert is on time and diagnoses and gets rid of the ball when it's supposed to be thrown and isn't gun shy.
6) Checking down to crossing routes
7) Not throwing at people's feet.
8) Ran the ball and avoided A SINGLE sack (albeit a terrible sack defense)

I hope Hyde takes more time off, sure you can shut him down and see who else develops as a 2 or 3, but you best believe Niners will find someone off free agency or in the draft here (they love the power running game)

I think Celek > McDonald. Bell may be better than McDonald.

Niners defense will get better. 5th youngest team now, so that means a lot of newbies out there (which always get better around mid season after a taste) Glad to see Armstead getting reps and the young CBs out there.
-D. Johnson isn't bad
-I like Tartt
-Reid has always been solid
-Acker will be good,
-Chromartie showed what he's made of,
-Reaser is also learning,
-Jimmy Ward getting more reps.

Niners just need to add someone besides Lynch for a pass rush and I think the back end eventually figures itself out.

Last edited by iLoqin; 11-11-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by iLoqin
I hope Hyde takes more time off, sure you can shut him down and see who else develops as a 2 or 3, but you best believe Niners will find someone off free agency or in the draft here (they love the power running game)

I think Celek > McDonald. Bell may be better than McDonald.

Niners defense will get better. 5th youngest team now, so that means a lot of newbies out there (which always get better around mid season after a taste) Glad to see Armstead getting reps and the young CBs out there.
-D. Johnson isn't bad
-I like Tartt
-Reid has always been solid
-Acker will be good,
-Chromartie showed what he's made of,
-Reaser is also learning,
-Jimmy Ward getting more reps.

Niners just need to add someone besides Lynch for a pass rush and I think the back end eventually figures itself out.
Excellent dissertation and agreed on all points. Glad to see some young bucks get reps. Should be an interesting ride, but still kind of concerned/hopeful(?) that we get a good draft pick out of this ridiculousness.

-B
Old 11-12-2015, 09:29 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
ohhhhhh???

Patrick Willis Could Attempt Comeback in 2016

*Edit

Nevermind

Patrick Willis Latest News Rumors Speculation on Potential Return

Last edited by salvator_rizzo; 11-12-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:35 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Too much over reaction over a home game playing the softest defense we have all year.

Gabbert will not make it through Arizona or Seattle game. Problem is and always has been OL. Wait till he gets lit up again like he did this week and then his accuracy went to ****.

OMA not going to quote your post from earlier but Manziel is way more developed than Tebow and he's dirt cheap. I bet he could be had with a 3rd round pick. Oakland lucked out with a great OL for a new QB to practice behind. Carr on this team would turn into his brother. Raiders OL is #1 in pass protection and top 5 in run blocking.

We honestly haven't done **** to fix our OL the last couple of years. Most of the higher draft picks have been defensive or receiving. We need a year or two of solid OL picks to get back in the mix depending on free agency gems.

Oh and its not really a coincidence that they finally decided to play Tiller more than Devey this game. FO is manipulating everyone in thinking Gabbert is the answer and Kap sucks. Its fine if they want to move on and he's not worth 16m but I'm not drinking that coolaid. Not going to be swayed by their slimy moves to make Gabbert look good.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 11-12-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:21 PM

Not scoring a TD in 2 weeks is pretty bad.
Never having feet set to throw is bad.
Not getting the ball out on time is bad.
Never letting your receivers make a play is bad.

It isn't all Kaepernicks' fault, but if you can't even use your legs to sustain drives the defense will always suck. Let the receivers bang, let them draw penalties, but there is never a chance if you never throw on time.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:00 PM

I think Chip makes a move for Kaepernick. He needs a QB who can run in his offense, albeit terrible passer, but who needs that when you're option reading! Plus Kaepernick won't get injured, totally opposite of Bradford (and I was rooting for him too, never really got to show his talent with a billion drops by the Rams)
Old 11-16-2015, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by iLoqin
I think Chip makes a move for Kaepernick. He needs a QB who can run in his offense, albeit terrible passer, but who needs that when you're option reading! Plus Kaepernick won't get injured, totally opposite of Bradford (and I was rooting for him too, never really got to show his talent with a billion drops by the Rams)
I don't think he'd make a move for him. He likes intelligent, athletic qb's. Not dumb dumb's who can't read a defense properly and consistently makes mental mistakes. It would be a significant downgrade to drop Bradford for Kaepernick.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I don't think he'd make a move for him. He likes intelligent, athletic qb's. Not dumb dumb's who can't read a defense properly and consistently makes mental mistakes. It would be a significant downgrade to drop Bradford for Kaepernick.
Me either. I don't think Bradford is right for his offense but at least he gives you a chance. Either Chip continues to adjust his offense to his players or he gets a new QB in there.

Could take a flyer on Dak Prescott in the 3rd round though...
Old 11-16-2015, 02:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Too much over reaction over a home game playing the softest defense we have all year.

Gabbert will not make it through Arizona or Seattle game. Problem is and always has been OL. Wait till he gets lit up again like he did this week and then his accuracy went to ****.

OMA not going to quote your post from earlier but Manziel is way more developed than Tebow and he's dirt cheap. I bet he could be had with a 3rd round pick. Oakland lucked out with a great OL for a new QB to practice behind. Carr on this team would turn into his brother. Raiders OL is #1 in pass protection and top 5 in run blocking.

We honestly haven't done **** to fix our OL the last couple of years. Most of the higher draft picks have been defensive or receiving. We need a year or two of solid OL picks to get back in the mix depending on free agency gems.

Oh and its not really a coincidence that they finally decided to play Tiller more than Devey this game. FO is manipulating everyone in thinking Gabbert is the answer and Kap sucks. Its fine if they want to move on and he's not worth 16m but I'm not drinking that coolaid. Not going to be swayed by their slimy moves to make Gabbert look good.

We'll find out next week if he's good or not.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:57 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
We'll find out next week if he's good or not.
50/50 that he even makes it though the entire game. Also Im sure you watched Manziel against the Steelers. Outside of the initial fumble and a couple of bad throws, he was rock solid.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:14 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
50/50 that he even makes it though the entire game. Also Im sure you watched Manziel against the Steelers. Outside of the initial fumble and a couple of bad throws, he was rock solid.

Agree on your thoughts on Gabbert. 50/50. I think he'll be serviceable.

As for Johnny, he did look pretty good at times... but he's done that before. He had a good game.

But it's one game and it's against the Steelers defense... which sucks.

Plenty of guys have put up 4 and 500 yards in a game and not been all that great in the long run. I think he needs to stay put. I think Cleveland actually has a couple QB's that could end up being decent with time. And competition is going to be good for Johnny. I don't think he understands what is necessary to be a leader... yet. I think he's a douche. He's getting his eyes opened. SF would be bad for him and he'd be bad for SF.

I don't think he's all that good right now. One game against a crappy defense isn't gonna change my mind on that.

Rivers put up 365. Palmer put up 420. Hell Alex Smith had one of his better games of the year against them with a 100 qb rating.

They can be really good and really bad. So it's hard to tell. McCown has 3 games with numbers like Johnny put up and for the most part has been having a pretty good year.

They need RB help and need to replace Bowe with a real wr. Barnidge is a beast and they have a couple good young WR's.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:34 AM

49ers place Kaepernick on injured reserve. Most likely the last time you see him in a 49ers uniform anymore. I don't know if this was to "cut" him and save money move, but pretty sure he's done as a Niner.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2015/2016 Season