Rife Plazapalooza Hollywood, Pron Valley and now Rife Plaza... SoCal's best...

The Kenshin Dating Report

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
its stories like these that make one a stronger person. without fighting for it and seeing the 'what if's' are, you mine as well be a rock
Old 01-26-2007, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Wagon
Originally Posted by hey1
I just read this. This is a great story. I've never heard any story from you. Thanks for sharing. I too would agree that you have the right to be upset. I was in a similar situation, similar. The position was somewhat different in my case. I was in the ******* position. 9 years ago, I also had a friend that introduced me to this girl. Except, it was a girl that he likes. He would talk about her all the time and he would want everyone to get to know her and give him hints on how to play the cards right. At the time, that same girl was dating someone else. An incomplete triangle was formed. J likes N, N is going out with D. N and I became friends and we got to know each other pretty damn well at the time when J still holds strong interest on N. After a while, N broke up with D because D just wasn't the one for her. She stayed with D just to be nice. N showed interest on me, while I deny my small interest on N to J. N has no interest on J. During the winter of 98. I showed N my interest on her and she showed further interest in me. I, being the ******* and a wuss and a little p***y, was not able to tell my then friend J about it. A few months after, N and I dated secretly and J found out about it. Of course, J and I lost our friendship and trust as a consequence. N and I were inseparable for 5 years. We moved over here to SoCal on our 6th year. She found a job, found another man while with me. Everything went down hill from there for me. That's my story on "bros over hoes". I do regret my action with J in my immature past even though, I had many many great memories with N. I've learn my lesson, karma is a *****.

It's been three years and I'm in a very fortunate position with my life. There are many things I can and need to improve and I'm working on all of it, thanks to many of you on i-club.

Cheers,

Kevin
I need to read this again... I try to read this without all the N J L A B C D part... the result... I didn't understand a thing.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
My brother was out here at the time and I wanted a change. N and I have always talk about moving out here and perhaps build a family out here in sunny California.
It was difficult to find an engineering position out in Chicago. Motorola was way competitive to get into as an SE, so was boeing and GE. Ideally, I should have moved to NorCal. But like I said my bro was in SoCal and I took over his apartment in downtown.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by c279a
Last time I worked for a girl was maybe like 5 yrs ago. I was in a similar situation like Louis. Here's the story: I was introduced to a girl by a friend, she had just broken up with her last boyfriend. At 1st I didn't try to hit on her, just being a friend. She would call or text me like everyday, and started to show intrest in me. I asked my friend that introduced us, if it was ok with him that I try to hook up with her. He said it's cool go for it, she's intrested in you. It was too long after that another so called "friend" decided to push me to the side and move in on her. He kepted quiet about it, trying to be sneaky about it. But I'm not a stupid idoit and knew what he was up to. Anyways she started showing intrest in him too, and she had to choose one of us. I wasn't chosen and the thing that pissed me off the most was that, my friend that introduced us found out that what the other friend was doing. Found out what the so called "friend" was up to pretty early on. It would of been cool if he geve me a heads up on what was going on. But he didn't say anything cause he was friends with that guy. I'm no longer friends with the guy that she got with, I still talk to the friend that introduced us. But I don't consider him a good friend anymore. After that I just started to not give a fock anymore about trying to win a girl over.
Ruben's definition of friend has many layers.

With myself if your phone number is in my phone book, you're my friend. People like Fin, Jon, and Lawson, not my friends j/k Don't know you guys that well yet, but you're moving in the right direction.

Originally Posted by shim022

I think ruben was right to be mad at his friend. Yeah, the girl maybe should have told him too, but shouldn't friends treat each other better than to sneak around to date a girl you know your friend likes? 'Bros before hoes' or 'chicks before dicks,' no? Anyhow, it's also important to move on or you won't be able to enjoy life constantly thinking about your past.

Didn't Ruben say it was his close friend's friend who was involved in this drama? Or something of that matter?

I still feel that Ruben's friend who introduced them to this "girl" wanted to stay neutral by not doing or saying anything. If there is a finger to be pointed for blame, it would be on her. If she really valued either one of them, should could have told them the truth right away.

Lesson learned, she wasn't worth it then Ruben deserves better than that.

But you know the whole bros before hoes slogan...

Look if me, Mike, Jerry, and Ruben met Jennifer Love Hewitt all at the same time and we all liked her. But it turns out she likes Ruben the most. I'm not going to stop being friends with Ruben. Sure I'll be upset that I didn't get her, but friends support each other and forgive each other even if its not their mistake.

...just a thought
Old 01-26-2007, 11:01 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by BLITZSTI
its stories like these that make one a stronger person. without fighting for it and seeing the 'what if's' are, you mine as well be a rock
might is the word you want to use there john

damn architects hehehehheehhehe i know i know

and kevin you cant quote yoruself hehe
Old 01-26-2007, 11:03 AM
9 to 5 mod

It was difficult to find an engineering position out in Chicago. Motorola was way competitive to get into as an SE, so was boeing and GE. Ideally, I should have moved to NorCal. But like I said my bro was in SoCal and I took over his apartment in downtown.
HAHAHHA how different your life would have been
Old 01-26-2007, 11:06 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
Originally Posted by LifePlaza

People like Fin, Jon, and Lawson, not my friends j/k Don't know you guys that well yet, but you're moving in the right direction.

awww

hehe
Old 01-26-2007, 11:08 AM
9 to 5 mod

With myself if your phone number is in my phone book, you're my friend. People like Fin, Jon, and Lawson, not my friends j/k Don't know you guys that well yet, but you're moving in the right direction.

Didn't Ruben say it was his close friend's friend who was involved in this drama? Or something of that matter?

I still feel that Ruben's friend who introduced them to this "girl" wanted to stay neutral by not doing or saying anything. If there is a finger to be pointed for blame, it would be on her. If she really valued either one of them, should could have told them the truth right away.

Look if me, Mike, Jerry, and Ruben met Jennifer Love Hewitt all at the same time and we all liked her. But it turns out she likes Ruben the most. I'm not going to stop being friends with Ruben. Sure I'll be upset that I didn't get her, but friends support each other and forgive each other even if its not their mistake.

...just a thought
yeah i mean hey if she wants vanilla and doesnt want cookies and cream hey no big deal

im not what she was looking for and you were good job
Old 01-26-2007, 11:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO

...just a thought

what was done is done, That group of friends that I use to kick it with. Have settled down and they all went their separate ways. I don't think about her at all, I'm so totally over her.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

we're not in middle school anymore. If a girl dates multiple guys at once, I don't see it as a bad thing at all. If you want to marry someone like that, you just have to try harder to secure them.
I think I'm just immature and inexperienced.

...just a thought
That's a good point.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

I love being a registered user with an avatar
Old 01-26-2007, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

I love being a registered user with an avatar
I've been wanting to ask how did you achieve such status.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

between that and having a lifeplaza forum I have no clue
Old 01-26-2007, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by sigma pi
might is the word you want to use there john

damn architects hehehehheehhehe i know i know

and kevin you cant quote yoruself hehe
lol
architects have the highest percentage of dyslexia, 75% to be exact. It has something to do with us seeing things in 3d.

I have my reason, you do not sir!
Old 01-26-2007, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BLITZSTI
lol
architects have the highest percentage of dyslexia, 75% to be exact. It has something to do with us seeing things in 3d.

I have my reason, you do not sir!
Everyone likes to see ***** in 3d.

Quick Reply: The Kenshin Dating Report