Rife Plazapalooza Hollywood, Pron Valley and now Rife Plaza... SoCal's best...

The Kenshin Dating Report

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by kenji815
good point.. i think being open minded is good and don't put yourself in commitment mode right off the bat.
exactly my point. Even if a girl is dating numerous people, thats fine, it gives you an opportunity to figure it out for yourself.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 Wagon
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
Well...

Times have changed due to society so relationships carry different meanings and standards now. Not everyone will have the same definition.

A relationship is something you share with a person (for Louis's case, a girl). Relationships typically contain 3 aspects.

1. Dating (activities together such as movies, dinner, date stuff)
2. Sex or intimacy (use your imagination)
3. Commitment (you are the only one).

Before these 3 standards use to be a whole. Now a days society has changed the rules of the game and it is now possible to be in a relationship without all of these aspects.

It is possible to date and have sex without commitment. Or it is possible to date and have commitment without sex. I guess what I am trying to point out is the fact, people need to identify what they want in a relationship. When they do, things will become more clear.

The girl who Louis tried dating a while ago, he was turned off because she was dating 4 other guys. Maybe she was just doing the dating aspect? How can she choose the proper guy without comparing? Once she finds the proper guy, the the sex and commitment will follow.

So my advice to Louis, first decide on which aspects you want out of a relationship, then identify if this new girl wants the same. If its a match...great, if not, ask yourself if you think it's worth it to stick around and wait.
well out of the 2 possible girls that I am interested in (there is this other one that I kind of rejected already), I am looking for 1, 2, and 3.

Having said that, I am happy being single, that's why I wasn't really looking. These girls appear by random chances. And that's why when franco wants to hit me up with girls I told him I am good. Having said that, if I were to listen to franco and just meet more people, who knows what happen.

In regard to the previous girls. I had an open mind. I actually don't really mind her dating 4 guys. What turned me off is that I feel like she was taking advantages of all the guys and enjoy the attention she get from all the guys. In another word, I felt like I was just being used, so I pull the plug.

It's a learning experience.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
Hey louis. Just take it slow. You don't have to plan plan plan and be so aggressive.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by hey1
Hey louis. Just take it slow. You don't have to plan plan plan and be so aggressive.
Ya I know. I think the next time I see her is at the Dodgers game.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Pooparu
Side note:
Don't spend more than $40 on a date.
If she likes you, you won't need to spend much to have fun.
Don't act desperate, just be casual about hanging out.

Listen to Tom Leykis on 97.1 after work. Awesome talk radio.

Last edited by kenji815; 09-12-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:46 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by kenshin01
Ya I know. I think the next time I see her is at the Dodgers game.
you acn take me too!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:56 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kenji815
Side note:
Don't spend more than $40 on a date.
If she likes you, you won't need to spend much to have fun.
Don't act desperate, just be casual about hanging out.

Listen to Tom Leykis on 97.1 after work. Awesome talk radio.
$40 together or per person? A coworker told me the samething.

A lot of time it's not her that wants to spend the money... it's me.

eg. next sat I am going to watch a UCLA football game and it is going to be my first tailgate ever. Section 18L row 15. Each ticket is $49. So much about the rule.... even for a single ticket. I agree that you don't have to spend so much on a date. But this is something I want to do... so it's ok. The two girls that I like can't make it... so maybe I ask hey1 to be my date... and I don't have to make him pay... haha.

Samething with the first girl in this dating report. We went down to SD Zoo because I want to see freaking panda. It's more than 40 bucks per person... but at least I am enjoying it. I can ask 'friends' to go and have them pay for their own way... but sometime you can't think that much.

Mike I still owe you a game ticket either to dodgers or kings.

Not trying to fight back... I am just sharing my thoughts... since it's the kenshin dating report after all. But point well taken. If a chick wants you to do this and that... it probably not worth it.

If this girl feel bad about me paying, she can buy a hot dog or something.