WTF? Freeway + 45mph + not slow lane = moron

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:54 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
not to mention they are the reason for traffic...

actually CalTrans ""engineers"" (extra heavy quotes) are the ones that cause traffic...yay you went to cal poly to be hired to design our freeways, bottlenecking 4 lanes into 3...making merging onramps only 500 feet long...uphill! congratualations!

ever been here cutting thru fremont from 680 to 880? merging 4 lanes into 1! WTF!?? pave over some fricken dirt!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...00412&t=h&z=18

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 10-07-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:56 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
your title sounds like algebra... i dont like algebra
Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by kyoung05
I don't know about you guys, but I'd much prefer to get to wherever the hell I'm going even 5 minutes sooner than to spend that 5 minutes in traffic patting myself on the back for saving gas. For me, there is no benefit to driving slow - nada, none, zilch. If I am forced to because of traffic, fine, but if there is open road, I'm going to go as fast as I reasonably can.
I feel the same way and always scratch my head when I see some tool going along in the fast lane slowly. The only thing is, my Justy is a special circumstance since it's not really good for the car to cruise over 60 or so. There have been a few times though where I was going home or whatever, not in a hurry, and really enjoying just putting along. I would never do this in the fast lane though, and make a point to never hold anyone up.

Originally Posted by kyoung05
As an aside, anyone notice people drive at a snail's pace on 101 North around Burlingame? And then, as soon as you get around Millbrae, it just opens up? What the hell is going on over there? Are people scared of the narrow shoulders or uneven roads? Are people really being deterred by that 55mph sign? What are they, morons?
I have always wondered that... I hate that stretch. So fooked, every time.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by I<3subie
Really there is no data base you get dumped into that I have seen.
I do know it does get logged.. But other then that.. Just play safe.

But keep in mind.. They write it down in car and dispatch can remember from the other day... I hear that allot.

I used to get in front and tap the brakes to knock the offender off cruise control and drop a hint..
Yup, it's hard as hell but the most I ever do is blow an air-horn or give a thumb's down. A few months ago, some sutnaq dangerously cut off my friend, and he was able to get in front of the guy and stopped on an onramp. I was telling him, he's prolly gonna call 911... Few weeks later he got a "gross polluter" report filed and had to do some paperwork with it. I am sure it was that guy.