rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 06:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by bringndefinitio
wonder how the snow will be tomorrow??? Is there still enough powda for tomorrow???
I'd say YEP! ...depending on which resort & what spots you hit up. Consider that places didn't run all lifts (i.e. upper mtns @Squawllywood & Heavenly) on days that were too windy.

Earn Your Turns, Bro! When I did this at Alpine yesterday, there were plenty of stashes even late in the day. Believe me... a li'l hike will be worth it.

Even though I was just out there Wed & yesterday, I may hit up Kirkwood, if I can convince the driver I'd roll up with to head there. That place has so much terrain that can only be accessed with some serious traversing or hiking. Earn Your Turns!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by Krinkov
where the hell are you?
Taiwan y0
Old 03-02-2007, 08:21 PM

today was pretty damn sweet. snow was awesome. got a little warm but the snow stayed cold for the most part. still lots of area's for hitting fresh. not so many "Fresh Tracks" left, but you can still hit up tree's and its puffy and fluffy. i'd call it Whipped Cream.

good times, now a day of rest and ill be up sun/mon/tues

oh, first time i've hit a c-box in my life :\ i wanted to get it on camera so either it would look cool, or hilarious if i fall.

yes, it is sloppy, what do you expect for my first try ever on a c-box. video/link 1 is my first try and video 2 is my second. (ever folks, not just this season)

lets the flames begin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbsrGJVvXRY

and 2nd one (better) (slightly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4aj7vjJeY
Old 03-02-2007, 11:41 PM
VIP Member

^
Pretty Schweet! ...considering ya were just popping yer cherry on that thing!

So I just got the call that were going to Sierra. I know it's gonna be nuts, but I'm hoping to find some of that "Whipped Cream" in some of secret stashes.

Who's down to meet up? Shoot me a pm w/ your #. I'll be meeting my ride up in Vallejo at 6 in the morn'n'.

Happy Sliding,
-- Cliff

*EDIT* gunmtl... you have pm... in case we head to KW at the last minute since that's where I really wanna ride.

Last edited by boardoholic; 03-02-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:38 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by Daredevil
what are you wearing and what kind of board/bindings?

i have black pinstripe pants with white jacket with black pinestripes jacket.

shuan white board, hit me up if you see me
lol, didn't catch ur post, i left home at 4 30.... anywho maybe u saw me, i was dude in full ski ski mask/beeny thing, brown burton checkered pattern jacket black analog pants. i was parked super close today. black wrx with gold rims and new retrofitted headlights =D... i parked right next to another wrx (white) in the 2nd lot away from the resort
Old 03-03-2007, 11:54 AM

didn't catch you

i always park at the top most parking cause its closest to getting your snowboard on
Old 03-03-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by boardoholic
^
Pretty Schweet! ...considering ya were just popping yer cherry on that thing!

So I just got the call that were going to Sierra. I know it's gonna be nuts, but I'm hoping to find some of that "Whipped Cream" in some of secret stashes.

Who's down to meet up? Shoot me a pm w/ your #. I'll be meeting my ride up in Vallejo at 6 in the morn'n'.

Happy Sliding,
-- Cliff

*EDIT* gunmtl... you have pm... in case we head to KW at the last minute since that's where I really wanna ride.

are you gonna be up there tomorrow?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Daredevil
are you gonna be up there tomorrow?
Nope... only did a day trip. I was stoked that the X-course was built up. All that snow that's been coming down has really helped. On my 1st run thru it, I eat it after the 3rd whoop-de-doo. I was like "WTF!" So after lunch I'm running it again, same damn thing! So we get back on the El Do' chair, so I can do this thing right. On the ride back to the top I'm telling my buddy that I think I'm going to my toeside too early since the 1st turn after these whoops is a right. I guess the saying "Third time's a charm." applied in my case. I felt like such a n00b!!! Humbling... just humbling, bro.

Anyway, it was a lot warmer than I anticipated. I did get to slash thru some of that "whipped cream" out in West Bowl & along the El Do' chair. Plus a couple of my favorite rock drops, too.

We're supposed to be getting another sprinkling on Tue nite/Wed, but I won't be able to make it out again until Thur. Gonna try to hit up Kirkwood.

gunmtl: I got your pm. I imagine ya woulda had a blast out @KW.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:19 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Went to Northstar yesterday. Great day!!!! they had a pipe contest going on so it was pretty crowded but its such a big mountain it didnt matter. Snow was great and lots of it, except the backside was kinda slushy. Overall great day. Cant wait for this next storm so i can call in sick and hit an epic non crowded day.

Cliff how the hell are ya brudda?!?! When we gonna hookup and go boardin again?

E
Old 03-05-2007, 01:50 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
sunday ripped. Was warm but not too warm. Wore my hoodie and really only overheated on my head..had to take my helmet off a few times and my gloves to cool down.

CRUSTY in the morning but fun on the groomers...fast.

afternoon got sticky but was a BLAST.

I think I road the best I've ridden in a LONG time yesterday. Smashing down a bowl of my hidden stash and they're a big rock there with a nice run in. Hit that sucker. Flew a gap and stuck the landing. Did another drop. A bunch of floaty rollers and what not. Couple of BLAZING fast bowl runs. All in all a great day...great.

Road until I couldn't stand anymore....literally. Started cramping..did 2 runs after the cramps..haa.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:58 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
...I think I road the best I've ridden in a LONG time yesterday. Smashing down a bowl of my hidden stash and they're a big rock there with a nice run in. Hit that sucker. Flew a gap and stuck the landing. Did another drop. A bunch of floaty rollers and what not. Couple of BLAZING fast bowl runs. All in all a great day...great....
Hellz Yeah, Ray! If I wasn't treated to all the tasty PowPow last Wed/Thur @Alpine, I'd have to say that Sat@Sierra was the best riding I've experienced in a while as well... even w/ the li'l "diggers" on the X-course. Still can't wait to hit up Bear w/ the crew this year! What's the status w/ that trip anyway?

Originally Posted by scarface
...Cliff how the hell are ya brudda?!?! When we gonna hookup and go boardin again?

E...
Eli, everything's all good, bro! I'll keep ya posted in the next couple weeks here so we can get our shred on. Btw, where ya get your pass to this season?

Last but not least...
Everything 50% Off
at Sierra Snowboard Ski & Patio up in Sac
Old 03-06-2007, 04:44 PM
General Pimpin'

Our trip is a go on the last weekend of march but I know it's short term for some of you so I'm thinking the last weekend of the season or some weekend in april.

Tell you what...you guys pick....we'll be good to go. Doesn't matter what weekend...long as at the earliest it's the last weekend of march.

yeah..snow wasn't the best I've been on but my riding was the best in quite some time. Was just going for it. Still sore.

jordon took a couple good diggers. One at full spring on bear boogie. One after he told me to watch him..haa. And another one trying to cut through the trees to homerun.

I didn't really go down at all. I went down due to weight being off when it got slushy but that's it. Kinda take a seat type stuff. Only once or twice. We hit some very cool ****.

Some kooks where trying to ride my stash. Got stuck out on the paths. Tried to tell me which way to go....needless to say jordon and I got to the bus first and they got towed in by a couple snow mobiles.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:45 PM
General Pimpin'

oh and if anyone is interested....

I have 2 pairs of top of the line size 11 boots...seriously worn less than 2 hours each. PERFECT condish. And one pair of Santa Cruz bindings. Last years PLX Eagle..their best.

I'll hook it up mad cheap if anyone needs em.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:17 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Sounds good cliff! I got my double whammy pass for sierra/northstar this year. Keep me posted. Im down for a drive to the snow with some i clubbers. Later all!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:33 AM

wooo

another great weekend

ill be back up there on thurs if anyone else will be

snow's getting slushed out though i stuck to park all day today. got crowded til about 1 then like half the people left *shrug* the FLOW team was there this weekend, and oh man was it sick watching them hit up The Alley.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.