Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Ed @ EQtuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 03:00 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by irrational x
Alright, want to talk about Deep's car? how bout the other person with a rotated gt35 that you boned. How bout the time you ditched a tune without notice to go to burning man? I can continue...
Again... you really don't know the details for some of these cars and I really don't care to share them out of respect for other shop owners... ones who you're friends with. If you keep pushing I will have no choice but to share every detail and explain exactly why these couple of cars ran like crap. Long story short, horrible parts, no communication, and poor installations... want me to continue?

As far as a rotated GT35r, I have no idea who you're talking about. And I didn't ditch any tune to go to Burning Man. I'm generally good about my schedule and keeping appointments unless its out of my control. You seem to be hearing a lot of random little tid-bits from some people who may not like me much and taking them as cold hard fact. This is the real problem we have here.

....on one condition: Make an honest, open and public attempt to reach out to any customer you may or may not have wronged. deal with it publicly so that we can all see your the stand-up guy and legitimate businessman you claim to be.

sound fair?

I have always made it clear that I am happy to work with a customer in any situation. If I have done wrong by someone I urge them to contact me directly so that we can work it out. This is nothing new... its how I have always operated EQ Tuning. The problem is that some people choose not to do this and instead go around spreading lies and rumors. Even worse are the ones who refuse to listen to advise on parts and setups and expect their cars to run perfectly with random parts they threw together. This is the case with the couple of cars you have probably heard about.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
Alright people....this is coming to a stop now as it is out of control. If you have a first hand valid complaint, please bring it to me. Otherwise, constructive posts only and no allegations wihout presenting me with the proof.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Car Info: black 05 sti
so much tension in here.... :S
Old 07-24-2007, 04:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
I'm generally good about my schedule and keeping appointments unless its out of my control.

****, Ed drove an hour and a half to buy an AP for me when UPS failed to deliver mine, leaving him then with an extra AP once UPS did deliver the original one.

EDIT: oh, and I almost forgot him getting a face full of 100 octane and then still going out and tuning

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 07-24-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:42 PM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
Wow, what the **** brought on all of this attacking? **** everyone who participated in this ****ing roast or what ever the hell you want to call it. You're all douche bags . If you drama queens had something personal, you should have dealt with ed in private. Go find something better to do. Especially to the jack *** that commented oh golly, where did ed go? HE SIGNED OFF BECAUSE HE HAS A LIFE OUTSIDE OF I-CLUB IDIOT.

--edit--

I should start a poll on how many people think GT35 is a complete dick. I bet a ton of people would just happen to vote yes too :x
Old 07-24-2007, 05:46 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by MBasile
EDIT: oh, and I almost forgot him getting a face full of 100 octane and then still going out and tuning
Didn't you know a 100 Octane shower is standard procedure prior to a tune?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Didn't you know a 100 Octane shower is standard procedure prior to a tune?
I now have a gas jug, so I'll bring my own 100 octane next time
Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 AM

Car Info: SRP Bugeye
Originally Posted by pwn
Wow, what the **** brought on all of this attacking? **** everyone who participated in this ****ing roast or what ever the hell you want to call it. You're all douche bags . If you drama queens had something personal, you should have dealt with ed in private. Go find something better to do. Especially to the jack *** that commented oh golly, where did ed go? HE SIGNED OFF BECAUSE HE HAS A LIFE OUTSIDE OF I-CLUB IDIOT.

--edit--

I should start a poll on how many people think GT35 is a complete dick. I bet a ton of people would just happen to vote yes too :x
after reading this whole thread i agree. this was completely elementary and out of control. Most of it sounded like attitude you would get from a group of snobby 4th graders. Congrats on finally dealing with it on some aspects, but it sounds like some people just cant move on.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by pwn

--edit--

Please refraim from personal insults. This only perpetuates the drama
Old 07-25-2007, 01:24 PM
pwn

Is that possible?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by pwn

go ahead and start the poll, I'll vote yes for it. I am a complete dick, everyone who knows me knows this. what's your point....

Despite what you OH EM GEE NOOOO DRAMA people say, this thread has actually done good. It brought up issues that needed to be addressed. Not to mention one of the shops that Ed tried to contact and couldn't get ahold of the owner, have now talked strictly because of this thread.

ALOT of people were getting the same information I was about Ed, so it is good that it was pubilcally addressed so people besides just me know he has handled most of the issues that people had....

The people resulting to personal insults are retarded(hypocracy ftw!), I laugh at the people who came in here with blind ignorance on the entire situation and start spouting off like they actually know anything about anything
Old 07-25-2007, 06:42 PM
pwn

I didn't read one word of that
Old 07-26-2007, 06:06 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by charlesj
Alright people....this is coming to a stop now as it is out of control. If you have a first hand valid complaint, please bring it to me. Otherwise, constructive posts only and no allegations wihout presenting me with the proof.

see following:

Originally Posted by pwn

--edit--

Originally Posted by SubieBabe
this was completely elementary and out of control. Most of it sounded like attitude you would get from a group of snobby 4th graders.

Originally Posted by pwn
I didn't read one word of that

like i said ill stay out of this for a while to give Ed a chance to reconcile with the people that are of now (i know becaue i just talked to one) still pissed off... but if the mods are going to threaten a thread edit you have to follow through
Old 07-26-2007, 09:53 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

see following:

like i said ill stay out of this for a while to give Ed a chance to reconcile with the people that are of now (i know becaue i just talked to one) still pissed off... but if the mods are going to threaten a thread edit you have to follow through

Like I said... if someone is unhappy with me for whatever reason it may be they really need to contact me instead of spreading BS. I can't do anything about it if I don't know about it right?
Old 07-29-2007, 03:11 PM

Car Info: Fast

so what your saying is.... opinions need to bekept out of the thread that was started for the specific purpose of sharing someones opinion.... you get a goldstar

now please leave my interwebs, idiots are talking.
Had you actually read my comment, you would have realized I was asking for facts. Try this: Definition of Reading

As someone who is not part of the I-Club clique, I do not know every event that happens in the bayarea. I generally work 100+ hours a week, with 3-4 days off a month, so I do not have the time or desire to search every username in this thread to find out what the **** you are talking about.

I will simplify for you: What happened, who did it happen to, and what are the realistic possibilities for why it happened?

Last edited by aboothman; 07-29-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Ed @ EQtuning