Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Ed @ EQtuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:29 PM

Car Info: Sline
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (6 members and 0 guests)
jvick125, ipozestu, GT35 STI, irrational x, 05 Black WRX

Where did Ed go?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by charlesj
This thread is out of hand and completely inappropriate. It is bashing to public make unproven allegations of this matter and there is a lot of flaming back and forth. If you can't be constructive, stay out. Next comments that I deem to break flaming/bashing rules will get infractions.
Nothing I have said is an unproven allegation, so I'm not sure who you are talking about. I'm glad you are supporting a "business" that as far as the government knows doesn't exist, nor does he pay taxes on anything. This is a PROVEN fact, not unproven. Another Proven fact is he has stolen customers at another tuners shop, when the tuner was being nice enough to let him use his dyno... this is a PROVEN fact, not a fake allegation. Another fact is he has ran from payments on several shops.

Everything me and irrational-x has said is true. These aren't fake allegations, Irrational-x even linked a damn government site PROVING he doesn't have a damn business liscense.. What more proof do you want, if we were making false claims saying ed blows up cars every day, then I can understand you ranting. The fact is we are making proven facts about Ed, notice how he has yet to deny or try to explain anything other then the *boom* comments...

Ed has personally admitted to me when we use to talk about how he dodges taxes, if I recall it's how he paid for his wife's wedding ring...

you are a staff member so their is no purpose arguing with you, because you will probably go all SubieGal on us... Just be known that you are potentially screwing more people by your actions since what we say is fact not fiction
Old 07-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Troll

If part of your ranting mr. staff member is because we are in a +1 ed thread, we can gladly make a -1 ed thread...

See, since this guy has only had ED tune his car and no other tuner. This is infact an opinion, not a fact. While our statements aren't based off opinion on a situation, these are based off a fact.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:36 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by jvick125
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (6 members and 0 guests)
jvick125, ipozestu, GT35 STI, irrational x, 05 Black WRX

Where did Ed go?
he is probably performing his due diligence by contacting one of the following:

Department of Consumer Affairs
Bureau of Automotive Repair
10220 Systems Parkway
Sacramento, CA 95814
800-952-5210
916-322-4010

County of Yolo Assessor's Office
625 Court Street, Room 104
Woodland, CA 95695-3448
530-666-8135

Yolo County Recorder's Office
625 Court St., Room 105
Woodland, CA 95695
530-666-8130
Old 07-23-2007, 03:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
so, um, what tuner tuned the fastest STi on a stock turbo? I can't seem to remember. Did irrational x actually get tuned by Ed? I've yet to hear any actual customers complain about Ed's work.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
VALID business license or not i will have ed tune my car for me.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:08 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by MBasile
so, um, what tuner tuned the fastest STi on a stock turbo? I can't seem to remember.
You, sir, need glasses. Please go back and read the thread. If comprehension of the English language escapes you, ask for assistance or visit babelfish.

Did irrational x actually get tuned by Ed? I've yet to hear any actual customers complain about Ed's work.
No but i was fully prepared to. I even took out cash to keep on hand. We discussed it for several hours in person (in the shop of another tuner, as a matter o fact) but shortly after I witnessed two people getting Ed'd . So I took my money and my car elseware.

since that point i know two more people who had serious issues involving previously stated offenses. One of those people does not visit the forum, one used to but no longer does... thats probably why they aren't posting.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:12 PM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
Originally Posted by 05 Black WRX
VALID business license or not i will have ed tune my car for me.
AMEN!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Ed'd???????????
Old 07-23-2007, 04:24 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by 05 Black WRX
Ed'd???????????
thats right, his name is now a colloquialism for getting bent over
Old 07-23-2007, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
Originally Posted by irrational x
thats right, his name is now a colloquialism for getting bent over
Wow you're bringing this back circa 2004. No matter what you say he is still gonna get business. That's the funniest part!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by irrational x
You, sir, need glasses. Please go back and read the thread. If comprehension of the English language escapes you, ask for assistance or visit babelfish.

I actually don't go through etire bashing threads, no matter who the subject is, so I haven't even read most of the thread, its usually a giant waste of time, especially when I only really see two people posting.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:09 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Alright dudes, I don't even care what happens with these threads, but here's the bottom line:

Shops are jealous of Ed. They are jealous that Ed is kind of tuning on the side for the heck of it while already able to make a good living being an engineer, while they struggle to have a shop that doesn't make much money and then have to open a new shop, etc. etc. Jesus man, I can see where the frustration comes from when you say, love cars so much you don't go to school and then open up a shop because cars are supposedly all glamorous. Then you lose money and along comes this college kid Ed taking your Subaru business while someone else takes your EVO business. SUCKS man. SUCKS.

Man what a F'er. F Ed you know, you just want to bring F'ing people like that down. Trodding on all the poor folks trying to make an honest living. Gotta get him anyway we can. Yeah, so no business license! Sweet we've found his Achilles Heel muahahaha.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by verc
Alright dudes, I don't even care what happens with these threads, but here's the bottom line:

Shops are jealous of Ed. They are jealous that Ed is kind of tuning on the side for the heck of it while already able to make a good living being an engineer, while they struggle to have a shop that doesn't make much money and then have to open a new shop, etc. etc. Jesus man, I can see where the frustration comes from when you say, love cars so much you don't go to school and then open up a shop because cars are supposedly all glamorous. Then you lose money and along comes this college kid Ed taking your Subaru business while someone else takes your EVO business. SUCKS man. SUCKS.

Man what a F'er. F Ed you know, you just want to bring F'ing people like that down. Trodding on all the poor folks trying to make an honest living. Gotta get him anyway we can. Yeah, so no business license! Sweet we've found his Achilles Heel muahahaha.

You have no idea what you are talking about, Ed could only DREAM of getting the business/opportunity's one shop he screwed gets. Please stop learn a little outside info on the situation and try again.

It's ok I can see where most of your morals are. I on the other hand will not support someone doing things illegal and immoral(and people in the subaru community should know this, if they still decide to go to him or not). I gain nothing from posting this, I am no way obligated or linked to any shops. I use to talk to ed daily until i drew the line on his practices. They are NOT ok with me, and one day it will catch up with him when the feds figure out that he might owe a few bucks in taxes

Last edited by GT35 STI; 07-23-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:38 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by AdamBOMB_STi
No matter what you say he is still gonna get business. That's the funniest part!
that is funny part, since he keeps screwing people over. most people dont learn from the mistakes of others. if one person reads this thread and descides not to go to ed then, based on the average cost of the issues i know about , then i have saved someone at least 3gs.

I actually don't go through etire bashing threads, no matter who the subject is, so I haven't even read most of the thread, its usually a giant waste of time, especially when I only really see two people posting.
then why post at all? at least we are contributing something.

same as above. if you don't care why post? it doesn't concern you.

Shops are jealous of Ed. They are jealous that Ed is kind of tuning on the side for the heck of it while already able to make a good living being an engineer, while they struggle to have a shop that doesn't make much money and then have to open a new shop, etc. etc. Jesus man, I can see where the frustration comes from when you say, love cars so much you don't go to school and then open up a shop because cars are supposedly all glamorous.
Apparently ethics isn't required at the college he went to. Wow, and someone told me to stay on topic... did you just stumble off the mother hip or turnip truck? cause i have no idea what the **** your talking about

Then you lose money and along comes this college kid Ed taking your Subaru business while someone else takes your EVO business. SUCKS man. SUCKS.
actually, shops make descent money fixing his mistakes. thats probably why none of them are singing his praises... or calling him out.

its only an honest living when you pay taxes and don't **** people, people who also work hard for their money. who says shops are jealous? call around, ask how many shops want ed as a tuner. just humor me on this one and do it.

Quick Reply: Ed @ EQtuning