Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Ed @ EQtuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:04 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
Ed knows the story. Most people actually know the story....

What i've also wondered is how much do the feds take out of a tuners income in taxes
or why the CA secretary of state has no records for EQ tuning
http://kepler.ss.ca.gov
Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
and how does any of this have anything to do with the "*boom*" comment?

I don't think how my business is registered has anything to do with my tuning ability or the satisfaction of my customers.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Oh you're right, your customers should have no idea that your "business" practices are completely ****ed
Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Oh you're right, your customers should have no idea that your "business" practices are completely ****ed

Look guys... it is no news that I don't have a physical shop and that I tune part time. Tuning is more of a passion and interest to me than a full time career. That's how I run things and that's how it is. Some may not like it, but it seems I do a good enough job to have built a good reputation with people actually running my tunes. I personally believe this approach allows me to keep my passion for this and to constantly be on the cutting edge instead of getting jaded like so many other full time tuners. Some people want a physical shop to go to and that's completely fine... we have several such establishments in the area. Others, however, appreciate my drive and passion and my personal approach to tuning and they make the choice to work with me and are almost always extremely happy with the service and results. On occasion I have rubbed some people the wrong way. This is generally due to a lack of communication either on their or on my part... no one is perfect. I will, however, say that if I get the chance to make things right in such a situation I always do everything in my power to do so. In the end people choose what makes them happy and what fits their needs and goals.

All of that being said, I've always been "the little guy" in this industry simply because this is a part time activity for me. Being in that position opens me up to a lot of criticism and bashing from people who may have never even dealt with me on a professional level. I'm getting quite used to this by now and caring much less about it which is a good thing for me personally. I have many many very happy and loyal customers and more than enough work to keep me busy. I think you guys are showing your true colors with this kind of irrelevant stuff and I believe most people can see right through it.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 11:30 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
and how does any of this have anything to do with the "*boom*" comment?

I don't think how my business is registered has anything to do with my tuning ability or the satisfaction of my customers.

Thanks
Say, hypothetically of course, you tuned a car that had previously been running fine and had a brand new motor in it. 150miles later it, hypothetically speaking, explodes. Lets also say, for giggles, the defi gauges say it was running 1.5 bar at the time of the pop.

As the last person to work on the car damages become the liability of Equilibrium Tuning and would be covered by your business insurance. This protects both the business owner, you, and the specifically the consumer. Business licenses come in all flavors but the major reasons for a City to issue them to businesses are:

1. to ensure the business location is properly zoned for the activity to be conducted;
2. to ensure the building or temporary structure the business will be operating in meets fire safety and building codes;
3. to ensure all state and local codes are adhered to, insuring the safety and well being of residents and patrons;
4. to ensure businesses are properly regulated (taxes, health codes, BAR, etc);

when work is done under the name of a legal entity (individual, corporation, llc, etc), such as a properly licensed shop, consumers are provided with certain recourses in the event something happens. So the status of your business license is both relevant, and indeed, of the utmost importance.

Should someone wish to enter a complaint (suit) with the courts where the defendant is EQtuning, and EQtuning does not have a license or insurance.... things could get messy. Not to mention once the state realized there was taxable income for a fake company I'm sure they would want in on the action.

This is, of course, hypothetical. You do have a business license right? And insurance? A moral Compas?

Originally Posted by aboothman
-1 facts are welcome, but -1 opinions should be kept out of the thread. If you have evidence or a story, let it be heard.
so what your saying is.... opinions need to bekept out of the thread that was started for the specific purpose of sharing someones opinion.... you get a goldstar

now please leave my interwebs, adults are talking.

remember kids, owning a business is a privilege, not a right. And knowing is half the battle.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Troll

No one here is questioning your tuning capabilities, nor the fact that you don't have a physical shop, I agree for what you do it would be a waste of time/money for you to get a physical shop to work out of. What I am talking about however is how you have treated other shops in the past, and it's more then just a one time fluke with one shop. It's several, not to mention the fact that you aren't even a licensed business, so none of these shops could even come after you for money if they needed to

Last edited by GT35 STI; 07-23-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:46 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
don't you have to have a VALID business license to be a vendor on this forum? I read it when I was trying to sign up....

hmmm

Mods?----care to provide some on this?

KTHX
Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
Blah blah blah, everyone opinion is the only one that counts. Lets just say I've been rubbed the wrong way by several different shops in the Bay Area. and for the most part I'm an easy guy to get along with unless you do so. I went to Ed out of curiosity because a certain tuner in this area kept flaking like he has to many other customers. Ed tune was 200 times better then I ever expected and I finally knew what "smooth power" was all about and I was only running on 3 cylinders. He has had my back ever since and has turned in to be one of my good friends, thats just not for tuning. Say what you wanna say, but if everyone acts the way they do on this forum as they do in the "real world" I can see why Ed doesn't like ur ***.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:57 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by AdamBOMB_STi
Blah blah blah, everyone opinion is the only one that counts. Lets just say I've been rubbed the wrong way by several different shops in the Bay Area. and for the most part I'm an easy guy to get along with unless you do so. I went to Ed out of curiosity because a certain tuner in this area kept flaking like he has to many other customers. Ed tune was 200 times better then I ever expected and I finally knew what "smooth power" was all about and I was only running on 3 cylinders. He has had my back ever since and has turned in to be one of my good friends, thats there for me just not for tuning. Say what you wanna say, but if everyone acts the way they do on this forum as they do in the "real world" I can see why Ed doesn't like ur ***.
FYI

Ed has been known to try and pull customer's from other shops.....while @ the shop. Glad you had a great experience with him....others.....havent been so lucky. And these people are from....first time meeting ed and having dealt with him before.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Troll

Blah blah blah, everyone opinion is the only one that counts. Lets just say I've been rubbed the wrong way by several different shops in the Bay Area. and for the most part I'm an easy guy to get along with unless you do so. I went to Ed out of curiosity because a certain tuner in this area kept flaking like he has to many other customers. Ed tune was 200 times better then I ever expected and I finally knew what "smooth power" was all about and I was only running on 3 cylinders. He has had my back ever since and has turned in to be one of my good friends, thats just not for tuning. Say what you wanna say, but if everyone acts the way they do on this forum as they do in the "real world" I can see why Ed doesn't like ur ***.
Adam we are cool, but nothing in your post has any relevance to the points me and irrational are making. I said it he is a good tuner. I have dealt with ed personally and will state everything I have said on this forum in person
Old 07-23-2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it
FYI

Ed has been known to try and pull customer's from other shops.....while @ the shop. Glad you had a great experience with him....others.....havent been so lucky. And these people are from....first time meeting ed and having dealt with him before.

I happen to know most people on this forum like to think on their own. That being said I know of more than a dozen people that went to Ed because they werent happy with "other tuners" in the area.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 PM

Adam we are cool, but nothing in your post has any relevance to the points me and irrational are making. I said it he is a good tuner. I have dealt with ed personally and will state everything I have said on this forum in person
are u kidding me? read the rest of the post, not just what your selective eyes like to see.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Troll

everyone opinion is the only one that counts. Lets just say I've been rubbed the wrong way by several different shops in the Bay Area. and for the most part I'm an easy guy to get along with unless you do so. I went to Ed out of curiosity because a certain tuner in this area kept flaking like he has to many other customers. Ed tune was 200 times better then I ever expected and I finally knew what "smooth power" was all about and I was only running on 3 cylinders. He has had my back ever since and has turned in to be one of my good friends, thats just not for tuning. Say what you wanna say, but if everyone acts the way they do on this forum as they do in the "real world" I can see why Ed doesn't like ur ***.

Here is your post again.... please bold where it talks about him not paying taxes, and him not having a business liscnese, or even where he didn't **** over numerous amounts of local shops.... all I see is YOUR experience with him

My selective eyes must be missing something
Old 07-23-2007, 12:11 PM

Here is your post again.... please bold where it talks about him not paying taxes, and him not having a business liscnese, or even where he didn't **** over numerous amounts of local shops.... all I see is YOUR experience with him

My selective eyes must be missing something
what does it matter to you guys? are you the Better Business Bureau or something? or just someone that posts on forums all day long?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Troll

what does it matter to you guys? are you the Better Business Bureau or something? or just someone that posts on forums all day long?
I'm at work, I'm getting paid to post. Glad we go to personal attacks when your argument was found to be invalid

Quick Reply: Ed @ EQtuning