Recon crack down

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx sti
Talking

Originally Posted by saltysti
I just got a recon ticket for my exhaust..

I went to court today, and I won!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 12:50 AM

Location: Houston, Texas "Drive it like you stole it.." 13.034 @ 105.19 mph
Car Info: Aspen White 04 STI, Silver 03 RS (wife's car)
Originally Posted by sykosis
Just talked to a friend that works with the recon office. It seems they are cracking down more on recon. Fines are now up including illegal tint running $287 per window! Maybe they're just trying to freak me out but who knows.

On a lighter note, think this guy needs recon?
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/568/
As long as his break light works he can say he is going to get the other one fix, and since that doesnt look like its here in hawaii he probably doesnt need recon. There are a lot of states that dont require recon.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by gdogg
i'll take full responsibility for no recon. i think its good in one respect(in terms of helping limit the sale of stolen goods) but in another respect its just another form for the state to squeeze more $$ out of us.

as much as i love HPD. show me how many camaros and mustangs that are POV's for patrol and show me their recon sticker for their 3 inch pipes with flowmasters and superchargers and drop springs. along with the front windshield being tinted.
not to blast our men in blue, but i'm sure most of em are cool about recon as long as we aren't ridiculously driving stupid, or have questionable tint(which is possible danger to an unsuspecting person approaching your window)

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Good point gregg, and did you see the news how 34 or 38 just now graduated from the school or whatever and are going on patrol with the veteran ones..?? All I got to say is watch your back...
Old 02-10-2005, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by gdogg
^^ thats a very good question. on top of that its very hard to see out the windows at night. i never figured it out myself. maybe i'm gettin old too.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Actually tint is REAL nice... wait let me re-phrase that... DARK TINT is real nice.. The point of tint is not only to keep your car cool and everything because it blocks the sun but to keep people from looking in. I decided I was going to have to do the right thing and go with legal tint because if you look at the other states it is pretty much 35% in all states for the front side windows. Your best bet is doing 35% all around even if you can have the back windows darker because it just throws the whole look off if its not equal all around. I have been driving around and my windows are 35% and you can see right in. Sometimes privacy is a good thing even while driving during the day if you know what I mean. The only thing that does suck is what greg said and that's at night if you have 20% or less its really hard to see out the side windows not to mention UN-SAFE lol. The look is cool when it's real dark especially on darker cars, where the tint seems to look lighter. The only way to see at night is rolling down the windows and also if you get pulled over and you can roll your windows down in time you can get away with the tint as long as thats not why they pulled you over. I have seen a lot of friends with 20% and so far none of them have gotten hassled with out in town but that could have been coincidental, nevertheless it seems like its starting to get enforced now or whatever so it could be something to worry about but so far as been very rare. The one time I heard of a guy that had 5% (no kidding cops are going to notice a mile away) he argued with them and made it worse and they peeled it off right in front of him! Aint that some sh*t????? LoL anyway I didnt want to but I went 35% all around for reasons like these.. better safe then sorry I suppose.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:22 AM

Car Info: '13 WRX Hatch OBP
^^^Loose call for a tint meter

:banana:
Old 02-10-2005, 02:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
Originally Posted by Hoppie
^^^Loose call for a tint meter

:banana:
Please excuse Dan, he smoked away his brains years ago long before he can in the military. Then any brains he had left were destoryed by the USMC. Huh, Dan? Oh, I'm talking about kewldan, since I think you're both named dan.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by keirnna
Please excuse Dan, he smoked away his brains years ago long before he can in the military. Then any brains he had left were destoryed by the USMC. Huh, Dan? Oh, I'm talking about kewldan, since I think you're both named dan.
lol nate quit hijacking all my threads by trying to clown on me on every post its getting old man.. I quit postwhoring about you hitting that tree so dont hold anymore grudge and maybe amy's next cousin wont turn you down
Old 02-10-2005, 02:05 PM

hey also kewldan isnt like my alter-ego, and I dont have split personalities... KewlDan is just my nickname or "handle" if you will...
Old 02-10-2005, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by saltysti
I went to court today, and I won!!!
How did you win? be a little more descriptive, by explaining what happend..
Old 02-11-2005, 02:04 AM

Car Info: 04 wrx sti
Originally Posted by kewldan
How did you win? be a little more descriptive, by explaining what happend..
truthfully I told the judge that my car dosent need a sticker because recon office stated i dont need it for my exhaust and the officer originally cited me for my exhaust. but if he looked carefully at my suspesion, that ticket would have merit.

the only advice I have for people with tint issues, is to tell the judge you corrected the problem by either pealing off the tint in good faith, and I heard some case while waiting my turn, is I bought the car like that and didnt know that it was illigal and corrected the problem.

try to remember what the officer says because its all in his report. that is what really got me off on the ticket.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:40 AM

Car Info: Storme..

i am going legal for MY tint, right now it's not tinted from the factory/warehouse

i dont wanna mess around with cops and such, and plus, we have black interiors so it helps.

otherwise, ive never been pulled over in my life, but ive been hearing stories about this mike hunt guy...

kinda scared now.. ahaha
Old 02-11-2005, 04:08 PM

Well I guess Im lucky for leaving island soon, as long as I try to hide in the shadows and coast everywhere I should be fine.. lol