Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

My 11' Sti is RUINED!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by GimmeTQ
Nah, not yet. I feel like I'm messing with it too much. Flashing, reflashing, install, uninstall. It's drivable, I'm just going to buy a mbc, fuel injectors, and a fuel pump and take it some place to get it protuned. I'm guessing they'll solve all my problems in the process.
Let us know the outcome, as it'll add information for the next person presented with a similar problem.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:58 PM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru WRX STI HB
[QUOTE=CaliSuby;3079000]
"Your an idiot." You're* You're an idiot. No seriously. You obviously don't know the englis

So thIs is what we want to keep around here vrt.... Waste of my time. This little kid won't grow up . Just another internet thug who would just get slap on person
no internet thug here man haha. in person, i do the slappin homie. try me hahah.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Guillermo
GimmeTQ, it's the internet, not a job application or resume. If he doesn't want to use proper grammar, then he doesn't have to. You still understood what he meant right? Quit being a douche you damn e-thug. Get yourself to a pro tuner, have whatever parts you want installed with you and get it done. Stop messing around and wasting your time. You have a new car, I'd advise you take care of it properly.
Doesn't want to? HAHAHAHAH, I don't think he could if he tried.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL

no internet thug here man haha. in person, i do the slappin homie. try me hahah.
Freshrex much?
Old 06-05-2011, 03:13 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
sounds like him, acts like him, must be him?
Old 06-05-2011, 03:22 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Ibtl
Old 06-05-2011, 03:34 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Old 06-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
^^^^^

That goes for everybody in here. Yeah, the new guy came off a little harsh - he won't keep firing shots if 20 other people aren't jumping down his throat and I'm not going to yell at him for being defensive, though trading insults isn't productive, either.

Matt, thank you for continuing to try to help in the face of the normal "rush of attention" here; you're setting a great example for the community and we appreciate it.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:18 PM

Car Info: 2009 WRB WRX Sedan
I feel like the GRs are way to picky when it comes to there tunes since the everything is tuned through the MAF. After doing extensive research and seeing what my stock map log looked like and compared to the Cobb than Open Source. Open Source it by far the best way to go on our cars. Talk to Cobb and see if you can send in your Accessport for service and/or get it replaced due to error.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:30 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
If you're hoping that the tuner shop you go to will solve your problems in the tuning process, you're wrong. They're going to charge you extra for that. And on top of diagnosing the problem and labor, it's going to be more.

If you really want a response quickly, your best bet would be to call/email the tuner directly (actually call/email a couple different tuners) and explain your problem to them. SpeedElement in Fremont may be able to help too, IIRC Ryan said they don't do ECU map work but they can definitely help do the parts install.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:43 PM

Cobb staff are acting baffled and they're only response is "well whatever it is, it's definitely not our ap doing it"

I drove it a little today an it was chill, but like 15 minutes later I was flipping a U turn and the engine almost stalled on me. The throttle got mushy and gave out and then the car started to jerk. Then when I attempted to park it the thing started bog and the engine knocked a few times.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Cobb staff are acting baffled and they're only response is "well whatever it is, it's definitely not our ap doing it"

I drove it a little today an it was chill, but like 15 minutes later I was flipping a U turn and the engine almost stalled on me. The throttle got mushy and gave out and then the car started to jerk. Then when I attempted to park it the thing started bog and the engine knocked a few times.
As far as I can follow, last time you gave us the condition of the car you had uninstalled the AP, is it now installed again?
Old 06-05-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
As far as I can follow, last time you gave us the condition of the car you had uninstalled the AP, is it now installed again?
Yeah it is, it's on the stage 2 aem acn91 map from cobb.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:55 PM
VIP Member

Yeah it is, it's on the stage 2 aem acn91 map from cobb.
I would stick with your plan to go without the tune until you can get pro-tuned. I have no idea what DarkJuic3box is talking about regarding a shop not fixing your issues. If you take it to a tuner/shop combo (GST, or EQTuning) they should be making sure your engine is healthy prior to tuning, and then should tune your car to the point of it running smoothly.

From what it sounds like, SpeedElement does not offer tuning service, so they'll be useless in the end since it sounds like you have tuning and maybe also physical issues.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:56 PM

Oh and the cruise control light got thrown back up

Quick Reply: My 11' Sti is RUINED!