Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

My 11' Sti is RUINED!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
^ I know when you were having you car first worked on mby him I said please be on the look out because I have read a lot of bad things about a place out in texas, Sorry that all this crap is going on with your second 2011 sti! I hope you get everything figured out soon. Do what Ed said and please take the car to a real place to get the correct work done. Try to stay positive I know it sucks but it will all work out for you soon!!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:36 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by YFZ450Lynx
I did question him on every thing I saw that was wrong and he goes off yelling at me saying "How many subaru have you worked on?! None! I work on so many I know how to do this!" or he say "I am not your slave so don't tell me what to do!!!" and I tell him "This is a brand new car, its my dream car so please take care of it".. He made me feeling he was going to beat me up when i question his work, I get scared of him.
Since I've met him, he does seem like he could be an intimidating guy.

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
^ I know when you were having you car first worked on mby him I said please be on the look out because I have read a lot of bad things about a place out in texas, Sorry that all this crap is going on with your second 2011 sti! I hope you get everything figured out soon. Do what Ed said and please take the car to a real place to get the correct work done. Try to stay positive I know it sucks but it will all work out for you soon!!
I think Sione plans to take his car to a shop.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
What I would do since your since warranty is still and option, is to put it back together with the stock block and parts and go to the dealrship and get it fixed...and start all over from there. My.02
Old 08-14-2011, 12:48 PM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Originally Posted by Javirex23
What I would do since your since warranty is still and option, is to put it back together with the stock block and parts and go to the dealrship and get it fixed...and start all over from there. My.02
Lol, this is a joke right?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:51 PM

Car Info: 2004 WW Evo RS
Originally Posted by YFZ450Lynx
I did question him on every thing I saw that was wrong and he goes off yelling at me saying "How many subaru have you worked on?! None! I work on so many I know how to do this!" or he say "I am not your slave so don't tell me what to do!!!" and I tell him "This is a brand new car, its my dream car so please take care of it".. He made me feeling he was going to beat me up when i question his work, I get scared of him.
So basically you cousin ripped yah off, then screwed your car up! I don't know how you did not kick his ***. I'm guessing he's ripped yah off before?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by SeaOfGreen
Lol, this is a joke right?
No. Its what I would do. I believe his stock block had ringland failure, then he swapped it out to the block his cousin built...since the car first failed on its own and has very little mileage, warranty should cover it and he wouldn't have to pay anything...I'm not saying go to the dealership and pay to get it fixed, in that case I'd rather go to a local shop (EQ,gst,DB,FLI etc)
Old 08-14-2011, 01:44 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
Originally Posted by SeaOfGreen
So basically you cousin ripped yah off, then screwed your car up! I don't know how you did not kick his ***. I'm guessing he's ripped yah off before?
First time im also too kind of a person, and thats probaly what left me open to something like this.

No. Its what I would do. I believe his stock block had ringland failure, then he swapped it out to the block his cousin built...since the car first failed on its own and has very little mileage, warranty should cover it and he wouldn't have to pay anything...I'm not saying go to the dealership and pay to get it fixed, in that case I'd rather go to a local shop (EQ,gst,DB,FLI etc)
This is the stock block that is jacked up. No chance of getting it warrenty repaird the internals are not the same. Also I find dealership are over priced and do quick work becuase they are all about getting the most cars in and out of their garage to make money, not quality work. I am looking to take it to AutoHQ, beucase they are local and Kevin makes sure no sloppy work gets done.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
you my friend picked a good shop!!! I wouldn't go anywhere else other then ahq to get a motor built.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:01 PM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
I just found out today why my AccessPort could not flash my ECU, turns out someone jam the OBD-II cable in to the bottom of my AP backwards, and pushed in the Pin that is used to flash the ECU, which is a different pin to communicate with the ECU for the OBD-II data.

COBB is going to replace it for free. with a one day turn around.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:14 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
you my friend picked a good shop!!! I wouldn't go anywhere else other then ahq to get a motor built.
No Eq,Paul,Gst, LiC???
Old 08-21-2011, 07:05 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
No Eq,Paul,Gst, LiC???
All of those may be good shops, but so is AutoHQ. Kevin does great work.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:48 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
a note for everyone on this forum

this is what NOT to do.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
a note for everyone on this forum

this is what NOT to do.
well, to each their own i guess....
Old 08-21-2011, 08:55 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
well, to each their own i guess....
this mentality when the WRX came out lead to lots of people with legitimate claims being denied because of people that want to play with their cars, and when they screw up, try to get the dealership to pay for it.

If you want to dump money into your car and go fast, its a price you pay when something breaks and its on your dime.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:05 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious

If you want to dump money into your car and go fast, its a price you pay when something breaks and its on your dime.
next car I purchase from a dealer with warrantee I won't mod the car like it did.

Quick Reply: My 11' Sti is RUINED!