Solyndra - lock out this morning

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 03:36 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
And for you Union stooges:

"I believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living." - John D. Rockefeller
Old 09-02-2011, 04:04 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Of course the Rich guy who owns the factory would say that
Old 09-02-2011, 04:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by JuanitoBurrito
You see that it Watsonville huh? I live in watsonville dude and I take offense to that big time! Where is all this info coming from dude. Get your head out of your *** and think before you speak. That was a really ignorant comment man. Escalades with 8,000 dollar systems. Wait let me guess, they're probably all illegals too huh. You know all about east San jo too wrxbrah? You guys are off your rocker!
How can you be offended by the truth? I see it and I have for years. Everyone that doesn't have their head in their *** has seen it. I've lived in watsonville since 1991. My dad used to teach at watsonville high... you want something to be offended by... go take an english class at watsonville high. 16 year olds reading at a 3rd grade reading level.... And I am NOT exaggerating. And not all of these kids are recent immigrants, many of them are born and raised in the california.

I said NOTHING about illegals but I will say this... a LOT of them are tether parents. They come over here illegal and pop out a couple kids. Tax payers pay all the medical bills and now that their kids are legal americans so are the parents... THEN they collect not he welfare system..

Think my head is in my ***... think I'm full of ****... go talk to ANY social welfare worker.

The system is broken and this is coming from someone that will admit any day of the week that he got complacent and lazy and was on it too long. The system has it's place but it has WAY too many loop holes.

The dude I originally was talking about is black so that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the "illegal" talk. But you can call me a racist or a bigot if you want to, it's not like it hasn't been throne around on this site before. Fact of the matter is I'm far from it. I am just telling it how it is. If you're offended by that then there is nothing I can do to help you. Good luck!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by NorCalPaintball
this was NOT a grant for Solyndra though.

It was a 'gov't backed' loan... basically meaning that they were loaned $500 something million bucks by a bank, and the gov't told the bank, don't worry, if Solyndra goes belly-up and defaults on it, taxpayers got your back! hahahah

what a joke. how would anyone have motivation to pay back if no repercussions. I'm willing to bet a paycheck that not only this year, but last year, the top executives, received HUGE bonuses... hahahahaha

goes to show what kind of business sense our gov't has. <endrant>

it's like the US giving ~$4billion in tax breaks to 'undocumented immigrants' and how ~70% of California inmates are 'undocumented immigrants' which taxpayers ARE taking care of... hahhahaha california will be tijuana in 20 years. mark my words now.

I like you. LOL!

Seriously. This prison system has become a hotel. Seems to me... you get arrested and you're here illegally... get the **** out. Period. You have not "rights" as an american citizen. You have the right to be safely transported the **** out.

What about the tax breaks that GE got. Those guys didn't pay a dime in taxes last year... in fact they got PAID.

And you're dead right. I am interchanging Grant and Loan and they are totally different in definition and execution. That's why Salinas is trying to sue to get their money back. Not that it will do anything but cost tax payers more money.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:21 PM
General Pimpin'

Truth...it hurts? He made a gross generalization of people in Watsonville. Were are the facts to back up his claim. Is there people here that take advantage of the system, yes there are. Just like there are people who are working the system in every bay area city. My handle is a joke dude, an ice breaker. I'm Fuc$king Hispanic. I'm done with this man. So much generalizations and claims. Your ingnorance and arrogance speaks for itself Paul.
I made no such generalization. You are so quick to get your panties twisted that you failed to read.

I said I see it in watsonville. I've also seen it in San Jose, Oakland, Hayward, Long Beach, etc. There are examples of abuse of the system everywhere.

There are also examples of people using the system to move forward in life. Just read an article about a kid from Salinas that got some education grants and instead of blowing them on 1 year at the school he got in to... some pac 10 school I think, he used the money for 4 years at Hartnell. Did really well and got some other military related grants and is now going on to more education and will no doubt be a huge success in his life.

And there are example of hard working immigrants all over watsonville. Unfortunately many of them are part of the older generations and they had kids here that don't respect **** and expand the gang problems in the area and take advantage of the generosity of their hard working parents and grand parents. I got mad respect for the work some of these people put in to make a life for themselves and their families. Most people I know wouldn't know how to work like that if they had to. 60 hour weeks at minimum wage. Living off **** so they can save up to put their kids through college.

There was no generalization what so ever. You took it that way. I just said I see it all over watsonville and it's true.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 09-02-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Car Info: '12 FXT Touring
Originally Posted by 04GG
One big reason why China got the bridge contract is because they have manufacturing already set up to build it after building that massive bridge in China. There was no ramp up involved for them, they just kept building. In the US however, all of the infrastructure to get the project going would need to more or less be pulled together and people hired, etc... so that was kind of a timing thing also. China just happened to have everything in place to step in and build it with basically no start up cost.

China Opens World’s Longest Sea Bridge
agreed to some extent.

but... what about the jobs needed here? and what about the bridge that collapsed there, and garbage was literally inside the concrete foundation, cause they were trying to save some bucks... hahahaha
Old 09-02-2011, 04:26 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by NorCalPaintball
agreed to some extent.

but... what about the jobs needed here? and what about the bridge that collapsed there, and garbage was literally inside the concrete foundation, cause they were trying to save some bucks... hahahaha
I didn't mention quality because that's a WHOLE different story Cheap and quality usually don't go together. I will avoid the new bridge for a while once it is installed.

I knew quite a few people that worked at Solyndra. The guy who started it was the boss of my group previously, when I worked at AMAT. What really sucks is a lot of people that I worked with at AMAT went to Solyndra when AMAT/AKT's solar project was cut. That was early this year and they are already out of a job again.

Last edited by 04GG; 09-02-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 04GG
AFAIK, you have to pay welfare back once you do get a job, so it ain't exactly free. Not exactly a good system since that gives you no incentive to get a job
That is the biggest problem. The system creates complacency and laziness. And yes I will admit to falling in to its trap and I will therefore use myself as an example so people can't get touchy and point fingers.

Me... I work in an industry with lots of ups and downs. I've been laid off a couple times do to lack of work. It's also an industry that is over saturated so there are 300 people trying for every job.

So.... my wife is pregnant. I get laid off. I try very hard to find a job. I have no luck. So I focus on being a good father and supporter of my hard working wife. Meanwhile I make $14.50 an hour to sit on my ***. I could go get a job for $10 even $12 an hour easy. But then I have to pay child care. So I end up working to pay for child care... why would I do that when I can raise my own kid and get $14.50 an hour. Mean while time goes by. Every month makes you less marketable as an employee because people wonder WTF you've been doing for 10 months.

I didn't ever stop looking for work and I did odd jobs as often as possible to make money and even did some schooling.

See... when you have children you pay day care. So if you're home you don't have to pay day care. When you factor in day care and the $14.50 an hour you're getting paid you need to get a job for $23 an hour just to offset the day care. So you don't do **** until it's too late. Then it runs out and you are no farther than you were when you started.

Fortunately for me I kept up with my skills, I applied for no joke over 400 jobs and I expanded my skill set... that and my wife would kick my *** if I didn't do work to get work.

But it is still an example of how easy it is to get stuck in the cycle. "Take a month off" Then end up stuck.

I am embarrassed at how long I let it go on but very glad I recognized the issue and did something about it. I friggin love my job! I have no complaints when they ask me to work 14 hour days and i get paid for 8. No issues at all. I love the work. Love the people I work for and with. And have no issues busting my *** to feed my child.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
"I believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living." - John D. Rockefeller
intersting statement.

i do agree that unions definitely ruin things. the ONLY pro-union people you will find are in one... for sure.

take USPS for instance, my best friend is a carrier, and he hates the union.

even though, one of the highest performers at his entire location, going to get layed off or relocated simply based on tenure. this specifically is bs.

unions ruined detroit as well, and everyone knows it.

and there's also a HUGE difference between "equal opportunity" and "equal outcome". people got this soooo twisted it's not funny.

people (politicians) expect equal outcomes, or there was no equal opportunity! wtf. people need to read books and learn and get off their TV's and open their damn eyes and see what's really going on in this world. you're going to tell me that my kid who's busted his *** in a HS that was FULL of smart and talented youth, will not get into a college over some random 'undocumented immigrant' under teh american dream act just cause they need an equal opportunity? again, complete crap.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 09-02-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Ray that was huge generalization. So you're tellin me that you see somebody in an escalade and you can tell just by looking at him/her that they're working the system. If you say your dad is an educator I'd love for him to read your post. You specifically mentioned the town of Watsonville which is like 80% Hispanic. Show me something that supports your claim man. I'm not calling you a racist but when you post ignorance and claims that you can't back up and then target it at a mostly Hispanic community that just says it all man. My X is a social worker at community action board in Watsonville down the street. I was there a lot. I've never seen any escalades come to pick up assistance. I did see a lot of young Mexican-American women in there teens there. I just don't get you come off saying you see this.

It was not a generalization. It was an OBSERVATION. And not every person driving said car is milking the system. But when you see those people all the time. You see where they live. You see their kids. You see them pay for groceries with food cards then you see them pay for their beer and gas with fat amounts of cash. You see this over and over and over again... it's the truth bro. Like it or not.

Is it everyone... nope. Is it a lot of people. Yup. Does it happen a lot in watsonville. Yup. Does it happen more in Watsonville than say... in Pleasanton. Yup. Does that mean that all mexicans in watsonville are lazy and abuse the system. Nope. Does that mean there are no white meth heads in pleasanton abusing the system. Nope. I've seen it done first hand. Food on the stamps. Weed and beer paid for by slanging weed and doing odd jobs for cash.

I'm sorry if you were offended by it. It's the truth.

Oh.... and the people I'm talking about don't use the community action board. That's for the people that are trying to use the system to get ahead.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:45 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI (sold), 2013 STI, 2014 BURRZ
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
And for you Union stooges:

Stooge? So I guess I can take my union wages and spend them at a shop other than yours.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
It was not a generalization. It was an OBSERVATION. And not every person driving said car is milking the system. But when you see those people all the time. You see where they live. You see their kids. You see them pay for groceries with food cards then you see them pay for their beer and gas with fat amounts of cash. You see this over and over and over again... it's the truth bro. Like it or not.

Is it everyone... nope. Is it a lot of people. Yup. Does it happen a lot in watsonville. Yup. Does it happen more in Watsonville than say... in Pleasanton. Yup. Does that mean that all mexicans in watsonville are lazy and abuse the system. Nope. Does that mean there are no white meth heads in pleasanton abusing the system. Nope. I've seen it done first hand. Food on the stamps. Weed and beer paid for by slanging weed and doing odd jobs for cash.

I'm sorry if you were offended by it. It's the truth.

Oh.... and the people I'm talking about don't use the community action board. That's for the people that are trying to use the system to get ahead.
you MUST NOT blame the people, you MUST blame the system.

who's to say you or I wouldn't do the same thing if you were in their shoes.

in fact, i think that these people are smart, for working the system. Come on people, we pay assloads of money to our lawmakers, who are the laziest bithches of them all. no doubt.

random thought: what if we were to 'randomly' test these people getting support? like actually check stuff, like drug screening, who has xbox 360, ps3 and a 58" plasma, 2 ipads, etc. it'd be interesting to note the results.

Last edited by NorCalPaintball; 09-02-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Solyndra - lock out this morning