Solyndra - lock out this morning

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Car Info: 2004 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy

A college graduate should not have to resort to working a crappy job. Why do you think I went to college, to get a better job (duh).
"Should" is a very strong word that can lead to a lot of frustration. College allows you the opportunity for higher paying jobs, it doesn't guarantee anything.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:27 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Actually I do have a degree... And yes I do have a job. As a matter of fact when I got laid off from my good job I lost a car to repo and had to change houses to where I could afford one.. I been there and came out on top... You dnt know what I've been through. To hear you complain about not wrking for two years and blame immigrants for raking jobs is a bs excuse.. Jobs are out there you just hAve to spend the 99.7 percent of your day looking for a jOb not on here. If you don't want to work because you think you deserve mOre money fine, but thats your choice and no one elses.. Your either well off win a large savings account of two years worth of savings or are just living off the state....or your parents give u money..
Old 09-09-2011, 10:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I work in a clerical union and I hate it. It defintely promotes lazy damn people. No incentive to work harder, everybody gets paid the same and gets the same raises. And the people who do work harder cause they like to help out and don't want to sit around doing nothing get extra tasks added to them and then are expected to do it on a consistent basis because the other people complain they have too much to do when I see them on the phone 4 hours of the day and not doing a damn thing. Yet they are protected from being fired or generally disclipined for it. Do I think all unions are like this, no I almost joined the Electrical Union before this job hired me and I needed the more money they were gonna pay me. Do I love the benefits? I sure as hell do, $80 a month for full medical coverage for myself, wife and baby. Can't beat that.

And as far as the illegals in the prison system, when they are released, they are deported. Why don't they deport them before locking them up, I don't know. But I know they are deported when they are released and that includes people who get probation but are illegal. They are also deported.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:33 AM

And by all means don't think I'm trying to bust ur *****... I hope you find a job.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:35 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
I worked at Safeway. I've worked at Costco. I've worked at Long's. I've worked at Gold Gym. I've worked at Radio-shack. I've worked at AAA.

You probably have a job. You have no idea how hard it is right now. Your speaking like you know, you don't know a thing. You don't have a degree. Your not an Eagle Scout. I've busted my ***. I deserve a better job. I bet you work for your family. Most people land jobs by multi-networking.

A college graduate should not have to resort to working a crappy job. Why do you think I went to college, to get a better job (duh).
You are an Eagle Scout? I made it to Life but never got my Eagle.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by PArex
"Should" is a very strong word that can lead to a lot of frustration. College allows you the opportunity for higher paying jobs, it doesn't guarantee anything.
Some people may not agree, but since we voicing opinions here, here goes ..as someone who's worked nothing but manual labor, I don't like when people feel entitled to more pay and "better" jobs cuz they went to college and passed a bunch of memory exams to get a piece of paper that says you are more educated than everyone...if people just started working instead of going broke trying to pay for college, I think things would be different...

so many jobs that have been outsourced or are done by illegals because mr college degree "deserves" more because he passed his exit exam or wrote a long term paper...congrats! You can memorize textbooks and write essays, I don't see how warrants people turning down jobs too "lowclass" for them

Wtf is so wrong with labor jobs that having a college degree makes people think they are too good to do labor?

And people neeeeed to lower their standards of living and stop living out of their means...too many people *****in about I can't afford my hd channels for my 5 kids to watch my 60" 3D flat screen its too expensive waaah gtfoutta heeeere

Last edited by slugrx; 09-09-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:48 AM

Hehe true that player... True that!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by slugrx
Some people may not agree, but since we voicing opinions here, here goes ..as someone who's worked nothing but manual labor, I don't like when people feel entitled to more pay and "better" jobs cuz they went to college and passed a bunch of memory exams to get a piece of paper that says you are more educated than everyone...if people just started working instead of going broke trying to pay for college, I think things would be different...

so many jobs that have been outsourced or are done by illegals because mr college degree "deserves" more because he passed his exit exam or wrote a long term paper...congrats! You can memorize textbooks and write essays, I don't see how warrants people turning down jobs too "lowclass" for them

Wtf is so wrong with labor jobs that having a college degree makes people think they are too good to do labor?

And people neeeeed to lower their standards of living and stop living out of their means...too many people *****in about I can't afford my hd channels for my 5 kids to watch my 60" 3D flat screen its too expensive waaah gtfoutta heeeere
Word. My *** lives out in the boonies. Our couch is a gross hand me down. Our bed is a hand me down. We got the washer and dryer on a hook up through my buddy when he lived with us. The nice fridge we just got was only because the one we had from 1974 was KILLING our electric bill (Saved $50 the first MONTH) and it was leaking water all over the floor. Not safe. And I still owe about $650 on it. Our TV is a CRT I got for christmas like 9 years ago when I was a single dude. My car stereo is busted. I have a dent in my door. My car has damn near 200,000 miles so we can afford my wife to have a new car which we only got because her old one blew up and replacing it made no sense. ETC.

I feel blessed as all hell. No complaints AT ALL here. That **** up there is just how it is right now. We're lucky. We live close to my family. My wife and I are still married and for the most part getting along better now than we have for years. Unemployment is tough on a marriage. We have the most amazing daughter ever. We have a new car. We have a roof over our heads. We both have jobs. Our day care is expensive but it's awesome and my daughter comes home happy not pissed off, neglected and diaper rash'd.

People need to stop looking at MTV and thinking that **** is reality. People are not happier because they have all kinds of nice ****. They have an entire different set of problems. Life isn't perfect even for the perfect people. Yeah they get to experience things we don't but you get the point.

People need to start looking at what they HAVE and what they can afford. Stop living off credit and dreams of being a baller. I can't afford to go down and pay cash on a flat screen so guess what... I don't have one. I don't even have a PS3. I've played more C0D in the last week than the last year because i"ve been snagging my brother in laws comp at night. LOL. Visiting from Kuwait. LOL!

If people just looked at what they have... their families, whatever job they can get, a sunny day and the time to sit down with a cup of coffee and talk to a stranger, a DVR full of BS tv shows... etc.... if people did that I think we'd have a much happier society.

I'm busting my *** at work and loving life. Every day I go home and my wife kisses me and my baby says daddy 100 times and asks to see the chickens... damn near cry and after a few rough days I have.

I have awesome friends, awesome family, an awesome job. Couldn't ask for me.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:37 AM

Car Info: Hybrid
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
And by all means don't think I'm trying to bust ur *****... I hope you find a job.
Thanks.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by queeg9k
You are an Eagle Scout? I made it to Life but never got my Eagle.
Nice dude. Getting Life is still a big accomplishment too. You should be proud.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by CaliSuby
Actually I do have a degree... And yes I do have a job. As a matter of fact when I got laid off from my good job I lost a car to repo and had to change houses to where I could afford one.. I been there and came out on top... You dnt know what I've been through. To hear you complain about not wrking for two years and blame immigrants for raking jobs is a bs excuse.. Jobs are out there you just hAve to spend the 99.7 percent of your day looking for a jOb not on here. If you don't want to work because you think you deserve mOre money fine, but thats your choice and no one elses.. Your either well off win a large savings account of two years worth of savings or are just living off the state....or your parents give u money..
I apologize for assuming you didn't have a degree.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Nice dude. Getting Life is still a big accomplishment too. You should be proud.
I am Too bad I discovered pot or I would have gone all the way.
Sea Scouts was more fun than Boy Scouts anyway.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
A college degree means very little these days. In highschool I was working software jobs making $40/hour. By the time I finished college, the market for software work was such crap that I would have been making less money than I was in highschool. And that's after spending 5 years of my life in school... Not to mention the mass amount of money. Now I run my own business and am very happy with it while my college education does nothing for me.

Most of my college friends are still scrounging around for random jobs that have nothing to do with their degrees.

-- Ed
Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 PM

Lol you guys and ur scout talk lol
Old 09-09-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by queeg9k
I am Too bad I discovered pot or I would have gone all the way.
Sea Scouts was more fun than Boy Scouts anyway.
We smoked pot on the camp-outs haha

The parents all knew we were smoking pot, they just let it slide though

Quick Reply: Solyndra - lock out this morning