Solyndra - lock out this morning

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
What does this have to do with his business? This is an open forum and this is an open topic that has nothing what so ever to do with his business or his business practice.

I don't see people saying... wow I hope you don't talk to your customers that way to you or anyone else in this thread? Just because he is a vendor in this community that doesn't mean that it's a valid or worthwhile part of the discussion. The only bearing it has on this is in relation to his experience as a business owner in the current economic climate. I'm sure that his experience WORKING his way up to this point in his life gives him a great deal of insight on all sides of what we've been discussing. Insight that you or I do not have.

But that doesn't mean **** in the way you're using it and just makes you look ignorant. Both of you. If you have issue with what he is saying explain why. If you have issue with his business practices then put those somewhere else. And I doubt you do or you would have. Both of you. Paul's business is run as good, honest and up front as any in the subaru community.

So... if you don't have anything to address on the matter then carry on.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Identifier of i-Club members

Car Info: 2009 wrx
people are getting way too butt hurt over other peoples opinions. just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours it doesnt mean what they are saying is a fact. im a union carpenter and i wasnt offended by anything the non-union people said. sometimes unions work sometimes they dont.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:36 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by dub599
people are getting way too butt hurt over other peoples opinions. just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours it doesnt mean what they are saying is a fact. im a union carpenter and i wasnt offended by anything the non-union people said. sometimes unions work sometimes they dont.
exactly. It's pretty ridiculous.

I'm the same way. Union was good and bad for me.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:45 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy
Agree.

The woman digging out of my trash today couldn't speak a lick of English... That recycling money should have been going to the state. But, instead it was stolen from an illegal who doesn't even deserve to be in this country. I could try telling them to leave my recycling alone, but how can I when they don't even understand me?!

I'm sick of illegals taking our jobs, and living off welfare.... As a nation we should put a cap on how many children you are allowed to bear. I will go further and say, we should only hire those who are born on American soil. I believe American born citizens should have priority over immigrants while applying for an job, "First come, first serve."

Yeah, I'm mad. However, I have a good reason! I do have a BA. I've been out of a job for two years!!! Why should companies pay me more money because I'm college educated person, when they can out-source or pay an illegal to work for less?! What a waste of my time and money. What I should have done is kept my current job at the time and never gone to college at all. In this economic climate it's not wise to take out student loans, you will just be further in debt. Moreover, once you graduate from college there is no guarantee you will find work anyway...

The actual unemployment rate is actually a lot higher than the estimated 10%. In fact, the 10% is only taking into account people who are still receiving checks. Therefore, the unemployment numbers are higher than we previously thought. This is an lack of transparency.

There is a lot of stiff competition for jobs right now. Because the cost of living has risen, people who should be in retirement are now back in the work force.

The elitist and bourgeoisie class are getting richer. The middle-class is dead.

What's worse is a growing trend that businesses are refusing to hire the unemployed. Read this. Businesses are refusing to hire the unemployed, commission told - latimes.com

What ever happened to the "American Dream"? It used to be with a little hard work and some luck you could achieve anything. Now, it's a challenge to get work...
Have you ever thought that you havent found work because your on iclub 99.7 percent of your day...You must not need money or work..If you really needed it and WANTED to work (pay for rent/food/family) you know where the strawberry fields are buddy..dont be scared of some labor....Cant expect everything to be easy and not have to bust *** to earn your keep. Alot of the produce you eat ARE picked by non US born immagrants, are they really taking your jobs away? you want to work a Safeway? The Fields? McDonalds? Go for it man..The government isnt stupid...they dont send the "Migra" to the fields to pick up immagrants for a reason..they know they save hella cash and no "other" people will work like them(long hours and hard conditions)

Ive been laid off before but got up everyday and busted *** to find a job..There are no excuses not to wrk for two years, the work is out there you just cant be picky. If they hire someone without a BA to save money...why not? If they can do the job that you can without having to have a BA, why not? Any American who owns a company would do this, money talks. Like overbear said, you have to show/proof that your better! You obviously havent done that with the two years youve been given so why get upset at something you have controll over....
Old 09-08-2011, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
What does this have to do with his business? This is an open forum and this is an open topic that has nothing what so ever to do with his business or his business practice.

I don't see people saying... wow I hope you don't talk to your customers that way to you or anyone else in this thread? Just because he is a vendor in this community that doesn't mean that it's a valid or worthwhile part of the discussion. The only bearing it has on this is in relation to his experience as a business owner in the current economic climate. I'm sure that his experience WORKING his way up to this point in his life gives him a great deal of insight on all sides of what we've been discussing. Insight that you or I do not have.

But that doesn't mean **** in the way you're using it and just makes you look ignorant. Both of you. If you have issue with what he is saying explain why. If you have issue with his business practices then put those somewhere else. And I doubt you do or you would have. Both of you. Paul's business is run as good, honest and up front as any in the subaru community.

So... if you don't have anything to address on the matter then carry on.

This has nothing to do with you Ray. Am i not allowed to voice my opinion like you, Paul and everyone else? Further more I dont need to explain anything to anyone. If you dont understand what i already stated than I wont waste my time further explaining this. Its simple.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
Paul, I'd gladly spend my money in your shop. It's refreshing to see a vendor not put on a facade just to earn an extra buck.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
I am in a union here is one of your buttons:

Name:  il_fullxfull211135051.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  42.5 KB

ps everyone lighten up
Old 09-08-2011, 09:09 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Unions? I understand the reasoning of creation. But when their agenda is to up the bottom line, that forces businesses to raise prices and make cut backs. Everything in the end shells out on the consumer.

I don't like the idea that if I created a business that works well (Say a manager of a restaurant) and the people I HIRED create some group and bully ME around in MY business. It doesn't make any sense. I took the risk, I invested, yada yada blah blah.

Again, I understand the argument of unions and non-unions.
I am fine with an immigrant doing some job and working hard and paying their bills.
I am fine with them abiding by the law and doing things properly.

I am not fine that the population in the prison system shows a higher percentage of immigrants than anything else. Indicating, that some are NOT here to do things by law.
I am not fine when they do not pay the same taxes we pay, but reap the benefits.

I hate FAIL people who use the argument of "they take our jobs" which is completely outright wrong. Some people just won't do the jobs that they do.
Go to 76 and wash a car.
Go be a janitor at a school.
Go clean up businesses with your franchise services.
Go ring me up at Jack in the Box.

I DO support better border control and reforming immigration, but not because they steal our low end jobs. I support it for the sovereignty of America. "Protect our borders, language, and culture."
Old 09-08-2011, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Unions? I understand the reasoning of creation. But when their agenda is to up the bottom line, that forces businesses to raise prices and make cut backs. Everything in the end shells out on the consumer.

I don't like the idea that if I created a business that works well (Say a manager of a restaurant) and the people I HIRED create some group and bully ME around in MY business. It doesn't make any sense. I took the risk, I invested, yada yada blah blah.

Again, I understand the argument of unions and non-unions.
I am fine with an immigrant doing some job and working hard and paying their bills.
I am fine with them abiding by the law and doing things properly.

I am not fine that the population in the prison system shows a higher percentage of immigrants than anything else. Indicating, that some are NOT here to do things by law.
I am not fine when they do not pay the same taxes we pay, but reap the benefits.

I hate FAIL people who use the argument of "they take our jobs" which is completely outright wrong. Some people just won't do the jobs that they do.
Go to 76 and wash a car.
Go be a janitor at a school.
Go clean up businesses with your franchise services.
Go ring me up at Jack in the Box.

I DO support better border control and reforming immigration, but not because they steal our low end jobs. I support it for the sovereignty of America. "Protect our borders, language, and culture."
Agree with every word you typed...110% From top to bottom!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 PM

I pay about 600$ or so a month just for BabySitting...The migrant workers here in Watsonville get that for FREE. The rent for their house super cheap, why you ask? Because broke *** California pays for all that! Here, me and my wife AMERICAN citizens pay full rent and baby sitter...about 3k a month!! while they get hooked up? WTF I am the AMERCAN here not them! Yes they work hard and the conditions arent the best but who forced them to work there or come to the US? I am hispanic and dont agree with this. If they want to work fine, but dont baby them or hook them up more than your own people! Thats why they continue to come here and why were broke..
Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI (sold), 2013 STI, 2014 BURRZ
So I just read that the FBI raided the Solyndra offices in Fremont today. Looks like it might have something to do with the $535 million in DOE loans they took. Dun dun dunnnnnn.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:06 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by CaliSuby
I pay about 600$ or so a month just for BabySitting...The migrant workers here in Watsonville get that for FREE. The rent for their house super cheap, why you ask? Because broke *** California pays for all that! Here, me and my wife AMERICAN citizens pay full rent and baby sitter...about 3k a month!! while they get hooked up? WTF I am the AMERCAN here not them! Yes they work hard and the conditions arent the best but who forced them to work there or come to the US? I am hispanic and dont agree with this. If they want to work fine, but dont baby them or hook them up more than your own people! Thats why they continue to come here and why were broke..
Word... my day care is $1000 a month.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Name:  arsenioyouscaredp1.gif
Views: 12
Size:  703.9 KB
Old 09-09-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Word... my day care is $1000 a month.
Some people have it to easy. Its not that i want to be a "Hater" but come on...bust *** like the rest of us hard working individuals... I dont want to raise there kids with my tax money while the others lay on there *** and live of our tax money...wtf
Old 09-09-2011, 10:17 AM

Car Info: Hybrid
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
Have you ever thought that you havent found work because your on iclub 99.7 percent of your day...You must not need money or work..If you really needed it and WANTED to work (pay for rent/food/family) you know where the strawberry fields are buddy..dont be scared of some labor....Cant expect everything to be easy and not have to bust *** to earn your keep. Alot of the produce you eat ARE picked by non US born immagrants, are they really taking your jobs away? you want to work a Safeway? The Fields? McDonalds? Go for it man..The government isnt stupid...they dont send the "Migra" to the fields to pick up immagrants for a reason..they know they save hella cash and no "other" people will work like them(long hours and hard conditions)

Ive been laid off before but got up everyday and busted *** to find a job..There are no excuses not to wrk for two years, the work is out there you just cant be picky. If they hire someone without a BA to save money...why not? If they can do the job that you can without having to have a BA, why not? Any American who owns a company would do this, money talks. Like overbear said, you have to show/proof that your better! You obviously havent done that with the two years youve been given so why get upset at something you have controll over....
I worked at Safeway. I've worked at Costco. I've worked at Long's. I've worked at Gold Gym. I've worked at Radio-shack. I've worked at AAA.

You probably have a job. You have no idea how hard it is right now. Your speaking like you know, you don't know a thing. You don't have a degree. Your not an Eagle Scout. I've busted my ***. I deserve a better job. I bet you work for your family. Most people land jobs by multi-networking.

A college graduate should not have to resort to working a crappy job. Why do you think I went to college, to get a better job (duh).

Quick Reply: Solyndra - lock out this morning