Solyndra - lock out this morning

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 12:26 PM

Car Info: Hybrid
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
A college degree means very little these days. In highschool I was working software jobs making $40/hour. By the time I finished college, the market for software work was such crap that I would have been making less money than I was in highschool. And that's after spending 5 years of my life in school... Not to mention the mass amount of money. Now I run my own business and am very happy with it while my college education does nothing for me.

Most of my college friends are still scrounging around for random jobs that have nothing to do with their degrees.

-- Ed
Yup, my degree did absolutely nothing for me....
Old 09-09-2011, 12:28 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Word. My *** lives out in the boonies. Our couch is a gross hand me down. Our bed is a hand me down. We got the washer and dryer on a hook up through my buddy when he lived with us. The nice fridge we just got was only because the one we had from 1974 was KILLING our electric bill (Saved $50 the first MONTH) and it was leaking water all over the floor. Not safe. And I still owe about $650 on it. Our TV is a CRT I got for christmas like 9 years ago when I was a single dude. My car stereo is busted. I have a dent in my door. My car has damn near 200,000 miles so we can afford my wife to have a new car which we only got because her old one blew up and replacing it made no sense. ETC.

I feel blessed as all hell. No complaints AT ALL here. That **** up there is just how it is right now. We're lucky. We live close to my family. My wife and I are still married and for the most part getting along better now than we have for years. Unemployment is tough on a marriage. We have the most amazing daughter ever. We have a new car. We have a roof over our heads. We both have jobs. Our day care is expensive but it's awesome and my daughter comes home happy not pissed off, neglected and diaper rash'd.

People need to stop looking at MTV and thinking that **** is reality. People are not happier because they have all kinds of nice ****. They have an entire different set of problems. Life isn't perfect even for the perfect people. Yeah they get to experience things we don't but you get the point.

People need to start looking at what they HAVE and what they can afford. Stop living off credit and dreams of being a baller. I can't afford to go down and pay cash on a flat screen so guess what... I don't have one. I don't even have a PS3. I've played more C0D in the last week than the last year because i"ve been snagging my brother in laws comp at night. LOL. Visiting from Kuwait. LOL!

If people just looked at what they have... their families, whatever job they can get, a sunny day and the time to sit down with a cup of coffee and talk to a stranger, a DVR full of BS tv shows... etc.... if people did that I think we'd have a much happier society.

I'm busting my *** at work and loving life. Every day I go home and my wife kisses me and my baby says daddy 100 times and asks to see the chickens... damn near cry and after a few rough days I have.

I have awesome friends, awesome family, an awesome job. Couldn't ask for me.
All this is very deep **** Ray.. I can relate to those feelings you get man... The rush of happiness you get when you see ur family... It allows u to forget you had a bad day/problems...