rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:21 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i used cables with beads on them once,1 broke and wrapped around my axle, That was fun trying to cut it off...not

I guess the tensioners are key
Old 01-30-2008, 07:30 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
i used cables with beads on them once,1 broke and wrapped around my axle, That was fun trying to cut it off...not

haha sorry wow that sucks.

going up to tahoe this weekend with a couple people, staying in kings beach and rocking northstar. doing a mini convoy with 2 foresters, both xt's 04 and 05. One white (me driving) with exhaust and tint and the other black (my buddy) and stock looking.

if you see us rolling, be sure to give us a wave. they look pretty stock, but driven by suby guys : )
Old 01-30-2008, 11:15 PM

Car Info: 05' Evo MR w/E85 - 10' Ralliart Sportback w/E85
How about driving for the conditions?

If you have M&S rated tires, but no chains, and it's dumping and icy... drive like a grandma.

Has worked for me tons of times. (although I do carry chains in the trunk everytime I go)
Old 01-31-2008, 09:13 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by subie OCD
More nanny laws..... *sigh*

While we're on the topic of law, its illegal to run modified exhaust, I'm sure everyone here follows that to a T.

/devils advocate
I'm not saying I carry them... just saying what the law is. Honestly... I'll probably toss a set in the back of the car and hope they don't check to see if they fit. But that's me.

I was just saying what the law is. And they do ask and the CAN make you put them on. But it's never happened to me personally in a 4x4 or AWD car. But this year I could see it happening, they've been **** as hell.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:22 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX-SW-kartboy SS-Dynamat-JazzyBoard
Originally Posted by earlyapex
How about driving for the conditions?

If you have M&S rated tires, but no chains, and it's dumping and icy... drive like a grandma.

Has worked for me tons of times. (although I do carry chains in the trunk everytime I go)
Well of course..I went to tahoe with our Sienna minivan most of the times, front engine, that thing is a snowplow, never got stuck, following AWD SUVs up to Squaw or Alpine meadows. But if they stop you and you have to chain up I want to be prepared..
I'm pretty confident that the WRX would do fine, but you know, better safe than stuck.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:30 AM

damn, 3 days of epic riding . more p0w than i knew what to do with. fresh track tree runs all day long. didn't sit in line once. literally just rode up to get back onto the lift without unstrapping. god.dam.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by Daredevil
damn, 3 days of epic riding . more p0w than i knew what to do with. fresh track tree runs all day long. didn't sit in line once. literally just rode up to get back onto the lift without unstrapping. god.dam.
Go ahead & rub it in, Max. Ya bastage!

So remind us again, when your trip to da Hole is. I'm looking to do the Nick Cage/John Travolta FaceOff thing right before ya leave.

Btw, I'm riding Homewood manana, then moseying around the long way (89 will be closed near Bliss) to South Lake for da night so that we can hit up Sierra on the way out. The wind is supposed to pick up a bit over the next few days. But I'm in good shape w/ the wind-protection at these 2 spots.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX-SW-kartboy SS-Dynamat-JazzyBoard
Originally Posted by Daredevil
Nice! Where was that ?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by BlueBlurr
... But if they stop you and you have to chain up I want to be prepared.
I'm pretty confident that the WRX would do fine, but you know, better safe than stuck.
Amen to that! I esp. like the wisdom of your last line there, PapaBlurr.

Originally Posted by BlueBlurr
Nice! Where was that ?
I'm almost positive he's got a pass to Sierra. But he mighta gone to Alpine. I love both spots.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
I just got back from south lake. Hit up kirkwood on tuesday, and heavenly on wednesday. One of the best days of freshies I've had in a long time! (heavenly)
Kirkwood was ok, the weather was crappy though.
Attached Thumbnails rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.-heavenly-014a.jpg  
Old 01-31-2008, 12:10 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by JRsWRX
Hey, I'm defintely down for hittin up bear, let me know.
-John
Thanks for coming up. I wouldn't have been able to ride Sat otherwise... and that would have SUCKED.

Thanks for driving. I was planning on getting you some petrol on the way back down but you seemed like you wanted to hit the road. We were probably 20-30 min. behind you.

Hope the car cleaned up. Hopefully by march my stereo will be up and running and we can roll my car.

Thanks again. 2 EPIC days. EPIC.

you're welcome up anytime. come up for the annual wagon trip...

also...if you want. I'm pretty sure my bro wants to ride at least one day t his weekend. I can't but he'd drive I'm sure.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 07 STI
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Thanks for coming up. I wouldn't have been able to ride Sat otherwise... and that would have SUCKED.

Thanks for driving. I was planning on getting you some petrol on the way back down but you seemed like you wanted to hit the road. We were probably 20-30 min. behind you.

Hope the car cleaned up. Hopefully by march my stereo will be up and running and we can roll my car.

Thanks again. 2 EPIC days. EPIC.

you're welcome up anytime. come up for the annual wagon trip...

also...if you want. I'm pretty sure my bro wants to ride at least one day t his weekend. I can't but he'd drive I'm sure.
Hey,
That was definitely one of the best days of boarding I've had in a long time. And no need to have bought me gas, letting me crash with you guys was awesome. I'd love to come this weekend but I'm gunna be in paso robles at my friends place to install my springs/camber plates and paint my headlights, but definitely let me know when you go up again.
And thankyou for showing me how much BEAR VALLEY KICKS AZZ.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by JRsWRX
Hey,
That was definitely one of the best days of boarding I've had in a long time. And no need to have bought me gas, letting me crash with you guys was awesome. I'd love to come this weekend but I'm gunna be in paso robles at my friends place to install my springs/camber plates and paint my headlights, but definitely let me know when you go up again.
And thankyou for showing me how much BEAR VALLEY KICKS AZZ.
sick. can't wait to see the car after. Sick ride as is.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Hey hoser, what's the official date for this years trip? I gotta get some info about Megan's B-day as well. Call me later.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:47 PM

Car Info: 07 STI
Ya I cant wait for my car to lose its monster truck status. Also, I got it tuned at GST and made some insane power..my car is a freak. I'll make a thread later but baseline was like 246whp 240wtq then tuned was 261whp 279wtq.
Also, hope your wifes doin better and that the beating wasn't to bad when you got home =P

Last edited by JRsWRX; 01-31-2008 at 03:10 PM.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.