rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
bear valley monday.

Justin and I are a go. Looks like my brother is a go. And hopefully Jeff wakes up and he's a go. Little wagon trip deux preview.

Anyone else goes keep and eye out for us. I'm the fat guy with my *** crack hanging out....can't miss it. Riding a santa cruz with a big snake on it.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:38 PM

Car Info: '06 black 2.5i
Originally Posted by HomerJay
Are you talking about at the light where you split from 89 and 50? Don't tell them about that road!

lol..... uhhhh, no
Old 01-30-2006, 08:10 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Going up feb 11th-12th, my collar bone should be good to go by then, if not, too bad lol
Old 01-30-2006, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by ucbsti
Going up feb 11th-12th, my collar bone should be good to go by then, if not, too bad lol
i dislocated my shoulder end of last winter on the boarder-x track at sierra lol. I thought this first jump was just a big roller so I went to pop a f/s 180... well it turns out it was a step-down and I overrotated and messed up my shoulder.

Last edited by 06suba; 01-31-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:38 PM

abcdefg

Last edited by 06suba; 01-31-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:22 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
omg...you guys are going to smoke marjiuana?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
Originally Posted by ucbsti
omg...you guys are going to smoke marjiuana?
camelpak full of vodka is better.. hahaha
Old 01-31-2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by 06suba
i dislocated my shoulder end of last winter on the boarder-x track at sierra lol. I thought this first jump was just a big roller so I went to pop a f/s 180... well it turns out it was a step-down and I overrotated and messed up my shoulder.

yea, i've dislocated my shoulder 10x, everything from snowboarding to surfing to fighting to rock climbing and even sneezing! :\ I've had two surgeries because of it. sucks hardcore, i was out all last season, but now im back and rockin out
Old 01-31-2006, 11:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
bear valley monday.

Justin and I are a go. Looks like my brother is a go. And hopefully Jeff wakes up and he's a go. Little wagon trip deux preview.

Anyone else goes keep and eye out for us. I'm the fat guy with my *** crack hanging out....can't miss it. Riding a santa cruz with a big snake on it.
So how was it out there yesterday fellas? Justin: I hope ya cured your jones-ing to get your shred on. If not, I'm sure we can take care of that by the time all is said & done w/ Bear Valley/Arnold Wagon Crew: Part Deux

I did afternoon half-days @Sierra over the wknd. Super windy w/ steady snow on Sat. I helped this chick fr: work for a bit before her lesson started. Then I cruised for the rest o' the day w/ my other co-workers, but the snow(on the heavy side) & the wind made things a bit slow on the runs. I was only able to dip into the trees here & there. I ended the day determined to get an early start on Sun, so I could take advantage of all them freshies!...

Yeah right?!? Just like the morning before, we dragged @$$ bigtime. We paid for it dearly since it took us almost 15 mins to find parking. Doh! The line for Grandview looked liked there was a concert going on. It was packed to the gills! So we took the quick route to West Bowl & did a few laps hoping the crowd @Grandview had thinned out. We got lucky enuff & charged down the boarder-X run, but then got punked when they closed off the backside just before we unloaded for a 2nd run-thru the course.

'Twas a good day of riding... if ya put the two half-days together! Oh, and it was just a mess in the parking lot even after I suggested we chow down on our leftover snackage to kill some time. We figured it would be clear enuff, so we pushed off @5:15 fr: Lot D. At 5:55, we made our left turn onto 50. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

All right. I'm done w/ my pseudo-rant. I'm really stoked on our trip next week! I'm praying for a good dumpage of pow pow just in time for the trip! So remember, "Don't just think snow... ask, pray, beg, demand, whatever... but it's gotta be the light & dry variety!"
Old 02-01-2006, 09:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Dude Cliff, the boarding was great at Bear. Monday had some low visibility. We were basically in the clouds, but it was cool. It started snowing on us later on in the day and we thought we were gonna get 2 feet over night. That's what one weather man said. It turned out to be about 8 inches to a foot of fresh stuff. The light and dry variety. But bad news was they closed Hibernation. Something about knocking trees down. That sucked cause everything else was getting chopped up kinda quick. We managed to find our spots to get some fresh snow though. Ray was riding like a crazy person. We rode as hard as we could these last 2 days and I'm paying for it right now. lol Good **** though. I'm looking forward to the Wagon trip part deux.

A little information too, the bus the runs us from the village to the lodge isn't running. So if we want to do homerun, it's gonna be tricky. Somebody will have to not ride down, but drive down so that we can all get back up.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:53 PM

im goig again this sunday an dmonday if anyone wants to meet up (Feb 5th and 6th i believe)
Old 02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
A little information too, the bus the runs us from the village to the lodge isn't running. So if we want to do homerun, it's gonna be tricky. Somebody will have to not ride down, but drive down so that we can all get back up.
Yeah... I'm on their e-mail list & they sent out a "Sorry for the inconvenience" kinda thing a couple weeks back. I'm still hoping that they get something figured out by the time we get up there for our trip. Such a bummer. But then again... if there's enuff snow on the road we could just use a tow rope for the odd man out(assuming it'll be a total of 6 of us again)! heh heh

Glad y'all had a blast out there, Justin.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by boardoholic
Yeah... I'm on their e-mail list & they sent out a "Sorry for the inconvenience" kinda thing a couple weeks back. I'm still hoping that they get something figured out by the time we get up there for our trip. Such a bummer. But then again... if there's enuff snow on the road we could just use a tow rope for the odd man out(assuming it'll be a total of 6 of us again)! heh heh

Glad y'all had a blast out there, Justin.
Yeah...I figure if we have two cars we can do a caravan kinda deal and get like 2 runs done out there.

Monday was cool up at bear. Like 4 inches fell the day before so the groomers were sweet. Actually got some pretty good runs in on the back and what not. Road hard.

Tuesday was sweet. bought 45 degrees on 8-12 inches of powder. NOBODY there. Only draw back was that they were taking trees down on hibernation so it was shut down.......so the pow got tracked up quick everywhere else. Cool part was that we put in like 4 runs on the bottom and I haven't done that in a while. Was quality snow..just not that deep so you go to throw a hard turn and hit solid ground. Went down pretty hard because of that like twice. Laughed for the whole 20 or so feet I slid on my back for one of them..haaa. Basically made it to where you hand to go bonzai and make smaller turns and carry more speed but it was a blast. I road harder than I have in a while. Heard justin say something like...mother f'r is crazy...a few times...haaa.

So yeah. Cabin is a lock.
Right now it looks like it will be the same 6 and maybe 1 or 2 more.

We'll talk and get some plans going in the next week or so.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I should chime into this. I didn't make it To bear. I had the alarm set for the wrong 5 o'clock. Doh!!! Question... Is anyone bring thier "others" on the trip? Yasemin wants to go. I'm not sure if she'd be to keen on being the only chick. Thoughts?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:48 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ipozestu
I should chime into this. I didn't make it To bear. I had the alarm set for the wrong 5 o'clock. Doh!!! Question... Is anyone bring thier "others" on the trip? Yasemin wants to go. I'm not sure if she'd be to keen on being the only chick. Thoughts?
Damnit, El Jefe! No Pow For You! Sux that a power plant engineer couldn't figure out some simple li'l buttons on a device he himself owns. heh heh

In re: to S.O.'s... I don't mind or anything. I just hope that the chicas can tolerate all the farting, ****-talking, belching, etc. And that's just Judd Bales! Who knows what to expect fr: everyone else.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.