rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:43 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Yeah as for the females this time around it's up to you guys.

mine is gonna be in los osos visiting her bro. My brother doesn't have one. I doubt that Justin's is gonna wanna come. So that leaves the rest of you.

yeah...we'll have to either get together soon or get some phone calls going to get times and plans set up. how many cars. how many people. Who's gonna take care of what...like am I gonna get meat again...lol. Maybe next week we can all go to the duke on wed or pick a day to get some grub and start laying down some plans.

I'll probably head up friday sometime. Come home sunday. I got room on my racks cause both justin and I left our boards up there.

oh and justin...HOLY CRAP!!!!!! I'm freakin sore today. I haven't ridden like that in a LOOOONG time. Steap *** sections with rocks and what not. sheesh. I still can't believe that one section where I just bombed over everyone tracks to get to that big open patty..haa.

Oh...and I think I broke something on my car. it clunked super hard when I came to a stop. So I think my strut bolts need to be looked at as well as the rest of the crap back there. On top of the shimmy that comes out of nowhere at 80mph....wasn't there when I was doing 105 on the way to your house. Think that one is all tire though.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:47 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
OT question, how much gas do you guys use going to tahoe? In my wrx I use over 3/4 of a tank on the way up! (coming from concord)
Old 02-02-2006, 10:56 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by subie OCD
OT question, how much gas do you guys use going to tahoe? In my wrx I use over 3/4 of a tank on the way up! (coming from concord)
depends on how hard I mash.

that sounds like a bit more than what I'd go through on that same drive.

Going from union city to arnold I think I kill about a half a tank so I guess 3/4 for the trip to tahoe sounds about right. I get around 300 miles out of a tank. 275-330 depending on my driving.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by subie OCD
That's about right... just like OneManArmy said. Obviously depending on how hard ya mash as well as traffic... ya know, the normal things that factor into fuel efficiency. From San Jose I leave w/ a full tank, then refuel in Auburn for North Tahoe & Cameron Park for South Shore. By the time I get back into San Jo, I'm usually at a hair under half a tank.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah as for the females this time around it's up to you guys.

mine is gonna be in los osos visiting her bro. My brother doesn't have one. I doubt that Justin's is gonna wanna come. So that leaves the rest of you.

yeah...we'll have to either get together soon or get some phone calls going to get times and plans set up. how many cars. how many people. Who's gonna take care of what...like am I gonna get meat again...lol. Maybe next week we can all go to the duke on wed or pick a day to get some grub and start laying down some plans.

I'll probably head up friday sometime. Come home sunday. I got room on my racks cause both justin and I left our boards up there.

oh and justin...HOLY CRAP!!!!!! I'm freakin sore today. I haven't ridden like that in a LOOOONG time. Steap *** sections with rocks and what not. sheesh. I still can't believe that one section where I just bombed over everyone tracks to get to that big open patty..haa.

Oh...and I think I broke something on my car. it clunked super hard when I came to a stop. So I think my strut bolts need to be looked at as well as the rest of the crap back there. On top of the shimmy that comes out of nowhere at 80mph....wasn't there when I was doing 105 on the way to your house. Think that one is all tire though.
Dude I'm just as sore. I elbowed Dawn in the boob last night cause my arm muscles gave out and my arm fell and hit her. Ooops. Plus my sore throat has blown up into a full on cold. It sucks @ss. Yea man, we rode seriously hard though. But it's cool. I can deal with the soreness cause we had 2 sick days.

We'll have to have a look at your suspension and see what could be wrong.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

...we'll have to either get together soon or get some phone calls going to get times and plans set up. how many cars. how many people. Who's gonna take care of what...like am I gonna get meat again...lol. Maybe next week we can all go to the duke on wed or pick a day to get some grub and start laying down some plans.

Ray, I'm sure I must've PM'd ya my # recently. Lemme know if ya got it. I was also thinking we could meet up on Wed (read: The DUKE!!!), too, to finalize the plans. Ain't it schweet how great minds think alike. haaaa

Maybe we could start another thread for this particular trip up. That way we could see who could leave when, who's driving, who's bringing what, etc. I'm looking to do the same as last year, except maybe leave the Bay around lunchtime or just after on Friday.

*edit: I ain't got a chica so no partner-in-crime for Yasemin so far, El Jefe. Sorry. But I could easily turn on the suave' charm & pull some random ho if need be. haaaa

Last edited by boardoholic; 02-02-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by boardoholic
Ray, I'm sure I must've PM'd ya my # recently. Lemme know if ya got it. I was also thinking we could meet up on Wed (read: The DUKE!!!), too, to finalize the plans. Ain't it schweet how great minds think alike. haaaa

Maybe we could start another thread for this particular trip up. That way we could see who could leave when, who's driving, who's bringing what, etc. I'm looking to do the same as last year, except maybe leave the Bay around lunchtime or just after on Friday.
I'd be down to meet up with you guys at the Duke to discuss the plans.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

doh!

Last edited by boardoholic; 02-02-2006 at 11:52 AM. Reason: meant to edit, not repost
Old 02-02-2006, 12:04 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
yeah, I always find myself on boost and passing cars when going up those hills. IDK why, but I love going fast UP hill...sure kills the gas mileage
Old 02-02-2006, 01:18 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by boardoholic

*edit: I ain't got a chica so no partner-in-crime for Yasemin so far, El Jefe. Sorry. But I could easily turn on the suave' charm & pull some random ho if need be. haaaa
Bwwaahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!! Classic!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:18 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Bwwaahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!! Classic!
whew! Glad someone gotta kick outta that.

Anyway, I gotta hit the hay. I hope there wasn't too much rain today up in the mtn's. Gonna do Sugar Bowl tomorrow & one of the South Shore resorts on Sat. Boy... the wind is supposed to be somethin' fierce on Sat, too. We need to get all this nastiness outta the way before next wknd. Remember fellas, think "light & dry."
Old 02-04-2006, 08:28 PM
General Pimpin'

looks like we're getting hosered on snow for our trip. I'm peesed off mang.

maybe we'll get lucky and the storm will come in a few days early. Next storm isn't due in until Monday....the one after we go. It's looking like mid 40's all week before. I hate groomers. specially slushy groomer days. maybe I'll play photographer.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:14 PM
VIP Member

looks like we're getting hosered on snow for our trip. I'm peesed off mang.

maybe we'll get lucky and the storm will come in a few days early. Next storm isn't due in until Monday....the one after we go. It's looking like mid 40's all week before. I hate groomers. specially slushy groomer days. maybe I'll play photographer.
whew! I thought ya were gonna say that your house in Arnold wasn't gonna be free this wknd. I've been away for a few days... so I wasn't sure what's been up.

Man, as far as weather, it'll be very spring-like out there. This past Sat wasn't as windy as it was the week before, but Sierra got "snain" or sleet, if you're fr back East, at the base area & West Bowl. The snow was a lot better up top, obviously, esp. along the ElDo chair. The sun ended up shining thru an hour before last lift. I also rode all day Sun til 2:00 & still managed to find a couple of stashes. I don't recall seeing a cloud in the sky & the winds were light.

I'm expecting Bear to be like yesterday. So, yeah, Ray, it looks like we'll all be "cheesing it up" for the camera since it'll be warm & sunny out. If ya remember though... last year we went the 1st wknd in April and were treated to powder fr a Thur/Fri storm. In April! Now that it's early Feb, we get spring-like conditions. wtf? Can you say Global Warming? Maybe it's karma? I dunno... I'm rambling. Sorry... I'm hungry.

So are we all meeting up on Wed nite @the Duke 10-ish? Or are we gonna get some grub a bit earlier?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:48 AM
General Pimpin'

I'm still on for the duke at 10ish. If anyone is available I could meet for grub earlier.

As for the snow. I looked again last night...the storm got pushed off a few days. BAH.

oh well. Just means that we'll have to plan another trip or two this year. what a shame.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:03 AM
VIP Member

Wagon Crew: Part Deux

See ya fellers tonite at the Duke!

Ray, I may be down to meet up for grub before 10. Maybe 8:30-9:00 at P&P. I'll let ya know a li'l later. How 'bout everyone else? El Jefe, Mr. TimbaLake, li'l jefe? Sound off, boyz!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.