rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Get yo' shred on!

so it looks like sugar bowl on fri, then diamond peak on sat (where holiday wknd crowds won't be an issue & it's da perfect size place that we won't feel so spent on day 2). we'll prolly only see a trace of fresh, but that's no biggie since my lift tix are comp!

anyone down to roll thru either day?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
FS: Sierra 2-day lift ticket

I have a 3-day ticket with only 1 day used. You can use it 2 more times on any day you choose. They are normally $45/day if you buy 3. I bought the 3 pack but I've been way to busy this winter and will be out of town for the next 4 weekends

This is 1 ticket, good for 2 more full days, so I want $80 total ($40/day)

No need to wait in line and you pay less! You must pick it up tonight or tomorrow from my work since I'm leaving town tomorrow night

Pm me

Thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 08:34 PM

Car Info: '06 black 2.5i
anybody looking to buy a snowboard? I am selling my 07/08 Rome Agent 155 with Burton P1 bindings.. only rode it 3x (no joke)!! I had surgery a few months back and haven't been able to go much this year. And now I need some last minute spring break money.. so anyway.. 200 for the whole setup OBO!!! let me know thanks
Old 03-23-2008, 08:35 AM
VIP Member

Tons o' Sun!!! Spring Riding In Full Effect!!!

Awesome two days of riding on Fri & Sat! No crowds at the lifts! Abundant corn snow! Looks like I'll be rockin' a nice "reverse-raccoon" tan for Easter!

Sugar Bowl on Fri was super fun! I was told that they got about 5" on Wed, too. Tried to help my buddy rebuild some confidence to take jumps again. I dunno what happened... but he used to love eating it & stackin' on landings back in the day. I guess he realizes it's much tougher on your body when you're not in your 20s anymore.

Yesterday(Sat) @Diamond Peak was a nice surprise! Plenty o' mtn for a 2nd day of hard chargin'. The cheese wedges in their park (maybe 6 in a row) were pretty good! I dunno if we missed it, but I wish they had smaller ones for park novices b/c my buddy was more willing w/ a newly-purchased helmet & boots.

Btw, hawties & cuties abound, as employees, in all the local board shops around the lake!!!

Also, it's crazy how much the snow "slows down" in warmer temps. It was weird straight-lining the take-offs fr: way up the hill!

Luckily, we've got snow inbound as soon as Tue nite. Also supposed to be a bit windy w/ this front that finishes coming thru by Thur evening. Looks like I'll be enjoying another Fri/Sat encore w/ bluebird in SoLake by week's end! Woohoo!

Get out there & get you some! :RockOn - not mine:
Old 03-24-2008, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Heading Up For Lucky 13 @Northstar!!!

gonna stay in Reno w/ some buddies tonite. should be interesting considering that we all had a blast during one of the guy's bachelor party a couple yrs ago!

gonna ride N* tomorrow for Day 13. anyone gonna be out there? i'll have my 2-way walkies on Ch.2 Code29. we'replanning to head hm after riding, just as the winds & snow showers roll in for wed's storm. we're supposed to get more light accumulations on fri & sat, when I'll be up at Kirkwood & Sierra.

next week we should get some SERIOUS snowfall... 'tis gonna be perfect for the wknd of Fri, 4 Apr thru Sun, 6 Apr !!!

SubaBrewCrew: I still have Sat, 5 Apr, locked into my calendar for some powder slashes at Kirkwood!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:43 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I might be screwed for the 5th and I'm not happy about it. I'll keep you guys posted on that. I'm sure justin will still want to head up there with you.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I might be screwed for the 5th and I'm not happy about it. I'll keep you guys posted on that. I'm sure justin will still want to head up there with you.
I haven't rescheduled my dentist appointment yet. So I'm still floating on that. It's gonna depend on whether we get some good snowfall or not.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
ill be hittin Kirkwood or boreal this friday, not sure which one yet, so it looks like even though we hit spring, we still have nothin to worry about in a lack of snow
Old 03-26-2008, 08:23 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I haven't rescheduled my dentist appointment yet. So I'm still floating on that. It's gonna depend on whether we get some good snowfall or not.
no prob, fellas. i know we've all got other priorities & obligations to take care of before getting in our "play time."

the long range forecast still calls for unsettled weather next week leading into the wknd. and it turns out i may actually be heading to sierra instead on sat the 5th. it seems they have a better beginner area for my brother, his lady & their son to get their n00b slide on. i've never really checked out kirkwood's bunny slopes, but the trail map seems that we'd ALL be happier @sierra. i promised them i'd take 'em up again this season, but we had to postpone our earlier planned trip. maybe they'll hold off again when they see how much pukage we'll be getting next week. that means kay-dub all the way!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

haaa... just noticed i finally broke into the quadruple digits in posts. such a slowpoke compared to some folks on here.

anyway, my original 2-day riding partner just found out she has to work on Fri, so I was wondering... who was planning to head up on Fri, both Fri & Sat, or Sat.

other folks i was planning on rolling with can't leave til 2pm on Fri, and i really want to get TWO days in & make the most of my time off.

we already have definite plans to stay overnite in south lake on fri, then get an early start for sierra on sat a.m. also, we plan to head back home after the lifts stop turning on sat.

so, who's down to get their shred on? for fri, i was thinking kirkwood (or sierra). for sat, we're pretty much set on sierra.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

Anyone? Anyone?

well... with the high wind watch in effect for most of tomorrow, i may just board on sat only. if i do ride tomorrow, it'll be @sierra since they're better wind-protected than the wood.

- - - - -

TSNWrX07: i got ur PM. hopefully y'all are rippin' it up right now. def keep me in the loop if y'all might consider sierra instead b/c of the predicted gusts.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:43 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by boardoholic
haaa... just noticed i finally broke into the quadruple digits in posts. such a slowpoke compared to some folks on here.

anyway, my original 2-day riding partner just found out she has to work on Fri, so I was wondering... who was planning to head up on Fri, both Fri & Sat, or Sat.

other folks i was planning on rolling with can't leave til 2pm on Fri, and i really want to get TWO days in & make the most of my time off.

we already have definite plans to stay overnite in south lake on fri, then get an early start for sierra on sat a.m. also, we plan to head back home after the lifts stop turning on sat.

so, who's down to get their shred on? for fri, i was thinking kirkwood (or sierra). for sat, we're pretty much set on sierra.
what's the honest snow outlook between now and sat? I might come up and ride sat but I don't know. My bro might be in SoCal visiting the grandparents.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:08 PM

Car Info: toaster
ill be at boreal tomorrow.... maybe ill see some of you guys there. ill have the silver bugeye with racks and superleggeras.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

what's the honest snow outlook between now and sat? I might come up and ride sat but I don't know. My bro might be in SoCal visiting the grandparents.
unfortunately nothing significant this wknd, ray. we're talking maybe 4"-7" of fresh fr: the system sweeping in tomorrow afternoon & into sat morn. it's supposed to be a bit blustery, too. kinda like the winds we had that sunday a couple wknds ago at bear.

by tue/wed, this current "light accumulation" mumbo-jumbo is supposed to make way for a string of storms offering a serious amount of frequent snowfall. and it's looking like we'll have "worthwhile" freshies for several days! so i'll def be watching the forecast to see how next fri/sat are shaping up.

w/ all that being said, i'm heading to south lake by 2pm manana. i'm not gonna board tomorrow b/c i'm concerned w/ the high wind gusts, plus my crew o' folks can't roll til after lunchtime anyway. we'll be @sierra on sat. it should be decent w/ a few inches of fresh to carve up.

anyone else gonna ride/ski sierra on sat? i need a riding buddy or two since the fellas i'm going w/ are low intermediates, at best. i'm not really looking to baby-sit on this trip.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:12 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
anyone hittin up boreal tomorrow?? Im chillin at boomtown right now, I shud be at boreal round 10am....If ya spot a 07 limited blue rex tomorrow, that'll be me =)

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.