Profiled on 680 in Pleasanton - Sent to STATE REF.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:18 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
Well I would recommend against paying the 500 dollar fine......
I figure the more people paying these BS tickets would result in them pulling more and more of us over and reffing us.
Damn, you're right. I didnt even think about that. This kind of situation is messed up, I would hope others dont have to go through this.

However, I'm a bit worried about leaving in the APS turbo inlet and APS TGV deletes for the Ref to see - I've been doing research and it seems that they are very strict, down to wiring even. The APS TGV's have a weird solenoid or something too, its like a gold box that plugs into a sensor (I think it was APS' way to prevent a CEL ). I still have the stock exhaust, uppipe and airbox.

Here is my engine bay.... the inlet matches the intake manifold but... I dunno...

Name:  IMG_1199.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  115.9 KB
Old 03-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
That intake def stands out... Even the intake manifold does even though its stock... Of course we know that, but untrained noobs dont
Old 03-29-2009, 08:40 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
And here is my car:

Name:  IMG_0797.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  94.8 KB
Old 03-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Your crazy it's a American car he will never get pulled over!
umm..yes they do.

Not just subarus ya know
Old 03-29-2009, 09:34 PM

Car Info: '06 GT52'd STi '03 Miata SE
Damn I am sorry to hear about this bro...gives me quadruple thoughts about reverting some parts back to stock.

I hope the fine isn't too much.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Originally Posted by brucelee
That intake def stands out... Even the intake manifold does even though its stock... Of course we know that, but untrained noobs dont
Are you saying L.E.O's are untrained noobs? blasphemy!

/sarcasm
Old 03-29-2009, 11:29 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
umm..yes they do.

Not just subarus ya know

Ok we I have a friend with a loud *** z06 and he never gets pulled over, I had loud *** pipes on my 5.0 and got no looks. We drive imports and all cops think we race LOL
Old 03-29-2009, 11:36 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon
What happens if you take your car to the State Ref and they don't pass you? Do you get a chance to fix it and then bring it back? Or are you just screwed?

The problem with the APS inlet and the factory airbox is that you cannot use the factory elbow cuz the diameter of the APS inlet is bigger than the factory inlet so it won't fit. The elbow that comes with the APS inlet is really designed for the APS CAI so it is really hard to use that piece to mate up to the factory air box and even if you manage to get it to mate up it will definitely look obvious that things don't fit correctly there. You'll need to get an after-market after-maf hose.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:04 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by Overbear
So let me get this right...

You have a CAI with no carb sticker, and a catless downpipe...both of which violate the law, and you are pissed the cop did his job...

Stupid kids today.
stupid B at carls junior wouldnt giive me a cup for water with my burger purchase...theres a difference between doing your job by the book and by your common sense/heart/lack thereof
Old 03-30-2009, 01:09 AM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
Originally Posted by subie OCD
And here is my car:

wow your car is looking stock bro! i dont get why CHP pulled you over. i guess i can say that im lucky i got a melon shooter exhaust(Carbon Ti) with a catless DP i only got pulled over twice. first time i got pulled over they looked under my hood and didnt see the DP i guess so i got away with a fix it ticket 2nd time was i got profiled cuz of the record on my plates and also the look of my exhaust but that cop was cool just gave me a fix it ticket for the exhaust. ive been drivin my car for almost 1 1/2 year. feel sorry for you man! hope everything works out fine.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by pwu_1
What happens if you take your car to the State Ref and they don't pass you? Do you get a chance to fix it and then bring it back? Or are you just screwed?
if you dont pass you will have the chance to get it check again.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Overbear
So let me get this right...

You have a CAI with no carb sticker, and a catless downpipe...both of which violate the law, and you are pissed the cop did his job...

Stupid kids today.
i can say in his case it was a different story. he said that he wasnt speeding or doing anything illegal while driving and he still got pulled over by the look of his car the CHP even said "well, this looks like a car used for street racing" that shouldnt be enough reason to pull him over. now if he was drivin over the speed limit or swervin around like a maniac then yeah he should get pull over. Cops have soo much power given to them by our law which is sad imo.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:25 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Originally Posted by gotrice?
i can say in his case it was a different story. he said that he wasnt speeding or doing anything illegal while driving and he still got pulled over by the look of his car the CHP even said "well, this looks like a car used for street racing" that shouldnt be enough reason to pull him over. now if he was drivin over the speed limit or swervin around like a maniac then yeah he should get pull over. Cops have soo much power given to them by our law which is sad imo.
Mmhmmm, "probable cause" has expanded more than Steve Wozniaks waistline.

*rimshot*
Old 03-30-2009, 10:57 AM

Car Info: Betty
I also got pulled over on 580/650 junction this past sat for having an after market exhaust by a motorbike cop. He then checked for any more after market mods under my hood -- luckily my car is stock and he let me go w/ a warning.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
What was his PC for the stop?

Quick Reply: Profiled on 680 in Pleasanton - Sent to STATE REF.