Profiled on 680 in Pleasanton - Sent to STATE REF.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:46 PM

Car Info: .
My hood latch cable is actually broken. I can't use the lever in the cabin to open my hood. Damn subpar SOA parts.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:06 PM

Car Info: 2008 STi OBP
I'm missing something here due to conflicting info. Some guys are getting tickets/reffed for just having a catback and talking about taking it off to have fix-its signed off. Others are reffed for multiple mods and pass the state ref with a non-OEM catback (like Evo2 mentioned on page 7).

Is an aftermarket CBE that passes noise (<93 dB at 50' iirc) legal or not in CA? Does it give the po-po PC to search your engine bay/trunk/etc? Seems odd if it is legal in the first place.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
My hood latch cable is actually broken. I can't use the lever in the cabin to open my hood. Damn subpar SOA parts.
What happens in this case? If you really can't open your hood without some serious time and effort (taking off bumper, etc). What happens then? Do they tow your car?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:29 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
They will tow your car.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:38 PM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
My citation was for modified emissions and noise.

After I got reffed. I put my car back to semi stock. I left on my car my vf34,sti pink injectors, spt intake, bpm turbo inlet(black silicone) and greddy evo 2 catback, and I also left on my gt spec uppipe(coated black yes i knew i was taking a shot)
The first time I went to the ref I failed due to the uppipe. I passed the noise test.
I went to the court and gave them my papers that showed I passed the noise test
before i went the second time I removed the uppipe and put in a gutted stocker. I passed with flying colors....
I went to court again and gave them the paperwork that shows that i am clear for the modified emissions portion
paid the 10.00 dismissal fee.
then put everything back on my car the next weekend.

for $10.00 it was not worth their time. I would never pay 509.00 dollars to get rid of the ticket. I would rather spend 1,000 dollars to get my car to pass instead of paying them a penny more than 10.00
wow really? when i went to court for my modified emissions ticket, i had to pay the fine. the judge was kind enough to knock it down to $260 though. i was told it was not a fix-it ticket.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:45 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by KrAzYkld
wow really? when i went to court for my modified emissions ticket, i had to pay the fine. the judge was kind enough to knock it down to $260 though. i was told it was not a fix-it ticket.
did you go to the state ref? or did you just go to the court?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:55 PM

did you go to the state ref? or did you just go to the court?
i went to state ref twice. i failed visual the first time because of my boost gauge, and passed smog. second time i passed both. had all my papers and everything to show at court.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:25 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by I<3subie
They will tow your car.
No PC, they can't. Its called unlawful seasure and it brings with it the right to sue the crap out of the department, and the possible dismissal of the officer(depending on how much of a dick you are, how big your lawyer is, and what you demand to 'drop your lawsuit' ).
Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by I<3subie
They will tow your car.
Under what law? Besides being a jack booted thug, of course.

PC arised from a exhaust shouldn't give them any reason to tow the car, it is in safe operating condition.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Pop the cops hood and see what he has under there (cuz it sure isn't just a plain engine, those things are modded like hell) then tell him that looks like street racing EQ too.

Just because we mod our cars doesn't mean we race it on the street. It could be on the track, etc. What about those 400+ HP muscle cars? Surely all that HP isn't just for DAILY regular driving, weak ****. Sucks.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by KrAzYkld
i went to state ref twice. i failed visual the first time because of my boost gauge, and passed smog. second time i passed both. had all my papers and everything to show at court.
Wow you got screwed. Everyone i know what got reffed only had to pay the 10 dollar dismissal fee to the court when they were done..........
Old 03-31-2009, 10:20 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
I'll take a $10 "just the tip..just for a second...just to see how it feels" rather than a $500-$1000 "take it to the base, oh yeah , giggity oh yeah" from the courts anytime.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:29 PM

Wow you got screwed. Everyone i know what got reffed only had to pay the 10 dollar dismissal fee to the court when they were done..........
yeah......that's what everyone else told me. whatever, i'm just glad it's over with. live and learn.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 AM

Car Info: wrx02
My citation was for modified emissions and noise.

After I got reffed. I put my car back to semi stock. I left on my car my vf34,sti pink injectors, spt intake, bpm turbo inlet(black silicone) and greddy evo 2 catback, and I also left on my gt spec uppipe(coated black yes i knew i was taking a shot)
The first time I went to the ref I failed due to the uppipe. I passed the noise test.
I went to the court and gave them my papers that showed I passed the noise test
before i went the second time I removed the uppipe and put in a gutted stocker. I passed with flying colors....
I went to court again and gave them the paperwork that shows that i am clear for the modified emissions portion
paid the 10.00 dismissal fee.
then put everything back on my car the next weekend.

for $10.00 it was not worth their time. I would never pay 509.00 dollars to get rid of the ticket. I would rather spend 1,000 dollars to get my car to pass instead of paying them a penny more than 10.00
Thanks for sharing. But I need to clearify something. When you say, "showed papar work and paid 10 dollar fine" is that at the front desk of the court or at the front of the judge. If you meant, after seeing a judge, wouldn't you have to pay full amount prior to seeing a judge - and get refund after showing the paper work?
I'm asking this because I am in a similar situation. I passed the smog test at the state ref.
If I'm hearing you right, all I would have to do is go to the front desk at the court and show the paper work from state ref and pay 10 dollar fee to clear this ticket - and don't have to meet up with a judge to clear this?
Thanks in advance. I think everyone will benefit from your answer since many are falling into a same situation.

Last edited by willow; 04-01-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by willow
Thanks for sharing. But I need to clearify something. When you say, "showed papar work and paid 10 dollar fine" is that at the front desk of the court or at the front of the judge. If you meant, after seeing a judge, wouldn't you have to pay full amount prior to seeing a judge - and get refund after showing the paper work?
I'm asking this because I am in a similar situation. I passed the smog test at the state ref.
If I'm hearing you right, all I would have to do is go to the front desk at the court and show the paper work from state ref and pay 10 dollar fee to clear this ticket - and don't have to meet up with a judge to clear this?
Thanks in advance. I think everyone will benefit from your answer since many are falling into a same situation.
well this is what i had to do in order.
-show up at court house early.
-get signed in.
-wait for the court room to open.
-go into room and sit down.
-go up to the stand when my name is called.
-judge asks me a few questions and tells you the final total of what you have to pay and stuff.
-step off the stand and sign some paper judge fills out with fine info and leave court room.
-go to the window where i pay the fine and pay the fine.
-leave and hope you never have to go back.

Quick Reply: Profiled on 680 in Pleasanton - Sent to STATE REF.