Profiled on 680 in Pleasanton - Sent to STATE REF.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:47 PM

if u get reffed and have aftermarket gauges (i.e boost gauge) do u have to take it off before getting tested? I could've sworn I remember somebody failing smog or whatnot because of having an aftermarket boost gauge installed.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:57 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by subi4justin
DO you ever have anything positive to say?

To the OP, sorry to hear that you got reffed. Just switch your exhaust back to stock and put your stock intake back on and you are good.
lolqft
Old 03-30-2009, 06:00 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Let me know when you all want to group togther and fight this stuff.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:39 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Old 03-30-2009, 10:10 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
"I can haz track car on teh street!"

Old 03-30-2009, 10:48 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
sucks now im worried...
Old 03-30-2009, 10:58 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
if u get reffed and have aftermarket gauges (i.e boost gauge) do u have to take it off before getting tested? I could've sworn I remember somebody failing smog or whatnot because of having an aftermarket boost gauge installed.
Yeah you have to remove your gauges......
when I went to the ref I left my boost gauge mounted, all I had to do was remove the connections from where i tapped into.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:30 PM
banned

Wonder if the 08+ hatchback guys will start catching moar heat after FnF4 since Paul Walker will be in the STi?
Old 03-31-2009, 12:57 AM

Car Info: wrx02
Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
Yeah you have to remove your gauges......
when I went to the ref I left my boost gauge mounted, all I had to do was remove the connections from where i tapped into.
Care to share your experience in the court. Did you have to pay bail/fine prior to the court day?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:52 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Originally Posted by Lboogie
Wonder if the 08+ hatchback guys will start catching moar heat after FnF4 since Paul Walker will be in the STi?
doon't talk about about bad stuff

<--- worried '08 owner
Old 03-31-2009, 01:57 PM
banned

I'm worried too! I wanna move up to the GH chassis WRX, but there's a couple options/amenities I'm waiting on Subie to add.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:20 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by willow
Care to share your experience in the court. Did you have to pay bail/fine prior to the court day?
My citation was for modified emissions and noise.

After I got reffed. I put my car back to semi stock. I left on my car my vf34,sti pink injectors, spt intake, bpm turbo inlet(black silicone) and greddy evo 2 catback, and I also left on my gt spec uppipe(coated black yes i knew i was taking a shot)
The first time I went to the ref I failed due to the uppipe. I passed the noise test.
I went to the court and gave them my papers that showed I passed the noise test
before i went the second time I removed the uppipe and put in a gutted stocker. I passed with flying colors....
I went to court again and gave them the paperwork that shows that i am clear for the modified emissions portion
paid the 10.00 dismissal fee.
then put everything back on my car the next weekend.

for $10.00 it was not worth their time. I would never pay 509.00 dollars to get rid of the ticket. I would rather spend 1,000 dollars to get my car to pass instead of paying them a penny more than 10.00
Old 03-31-2009, 02:21 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
good luck to you man, i get hassled all the time here in monterey. The Captain of monterey said my Laguna Seca sticker was "illegal street racing paraphernalia" and Also said that they don't need probable cause to search your engine. CHP is outta control right now, try to stay under the radar (pun intended) and don't let them into your engine bay without a fight. Cause I always put up a stink, talking about my fourth amendment rights to unreasonable search and seizures and they ALWAYS stand down after I do that. And I have been harassed about 15 times now. I have three complaints with the Internal affairs division.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:29 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Originally Posted by I<3subie
Let me know when you all want to group togther and fight this stuff.
SRSLY if this gets any worse we should have some sort of protest and get with the other forums evo-nissan z-whatever else, cause I hate street racers, and to be lumped together with those morons HAS TO STOP.

But everytime I comment on the CHP I have what seems to be all of I-club calling me an idiot, that I deserve it, that CHP are really good guys that are just doing their job, my favorite is when I am called a child though. thats a good one.

I just want to know are the cops who released dogs, and shot water cannons at civil right protesters in the 1960's good people, weren't they just doing their job too?? Or what about the National guard who killed 4 at Kent State, were they good people? I am just saying that this myth that cops are just doing their job is absolute crap.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:28 PM
banned

They are just enforcing the laws, which are decided upon in Sacramento.

In the end it always comes down to their discretion and what people are REALLY doing on the road. I'm in no way shape or form condoning the kind of targeted activity which seems to be increasingly S.O.P, but its a reality.

Questions : If something is locked, trunk/glovebox..or even the hood, does the L.E.O need more than questionable probable cause to legitimize a roadside search in regards to 4th Amendment Rights?

Can they command you to unlock it? Do they need a warrant if something is locked? If you get out of your car, lock it, and put the keys in your pocket, are you protected under the 4th Amendment? I'd imagine one would get charged with obstruction of justice pretty quick, but feel free to prove otherwise.

Quick Reply: Profiled on 680 in Pleasanton - Sent to STATE REF.