I ordered a google nexus 4
Old 04-22-2013, 10:17 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Originally Posted by sigma pi
nice choice I use to love AOSP so much I was crazy for it
Old 04-22-2013, 10:34 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Has anyone connected a PS3 controller to their phone?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
great choice.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by jdblock
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntroller&hl=en Take a look at that app.. I have used it once or twice but I dont own a PS anymore
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by oshrizak
nice choice I use to love AOSP so much I was crazy for it
I hope so
oooo that interests me
Originally Posted by rupees88
great choice.
Thanks it was this or the galazy s3 they were the same price.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 AM

I hope so

oooo that interests me

Thanks it was this or the galazy s3 they were the same price.
I hate to tell you this... but...

Nexus 4 With LTE and 32GB of Strorage Rumored for Google I/O

Only reason I didnt want the Nexus 4 lol, I am a bit of a speed freak. But the N4 is still a good choice.

Last edited by oshrizak; 04-22-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:38 AM

Car Info: 2004 STI
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntroller&hl=en Take a look at that app.. I have used it once or twice but I dont own a PS anymore
You're not supposed to need an app anymore after ICS.

Just found this.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:55 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Time to load up on the accessories, case, screen protector, QI charger? LMK if you need case reccomendations.

I hate to tell you this... but...

Nexus 4 With LTE and 32GB of Strorage Rumored for Google I/O

Only reason I didnt want the Nexus 4 lol, I am a bit of a speed freak. But the N4 is still a good choice.
The original N4 has an LTE chip inside, it's just not enabled (google killed it in 4.2.2's OTA) . Certain users in certain areas were able to get a LTE signal because the towers happened to use the right AWS band.

Tmobile turned on their LTE in 8 cities, San Jose being one of them. You can get LTE on your nexus 4 there. No word on SF or LA LTE deployment by TMO.

32 gigs would be nice though.

You're not supposed to need an app anymore after ICS.

Just found this.

This is nice, but you can also hook your phone up to a TV, run a rom emulator and play old school classics with a dualshock (Chrono Trigger on your phone, on your tv, anyone??)

Viva la Nexus 4,
Old 04-22-2013, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 03 bucket stage 11/32
Alright noob time(at least as far as it comes to anything droid related). I have been on various iphones for years now since att had very limited offerings as far as anything else for a long time and I guess I just stuck with the familiarity. However, my contract is up soon and I am thinking of making the switch to an android device. I don't plan on rooting or anything like that and I don't need to latest and greatest. I would however like the increased screen size that you get with many phones other than the tiny *** screen you get on the iphone. I was looking at the note 2(it may be a novelty but I kind of like the idea of the stylus) but with the new galaxy s coming out I could probably pick up a gs3 for cheap. So what say you guys?

This will be for my personal use which is mostly internet surfing, watching movies, and playing games to waste time. So long battery life is a huge plus which the note 2 is supposed to have. I have a work phone for handling everything else. Is the note 2 too big? I know that size is subjective but hopefully someone here can chime in. Who knows maybe going with a droid I might find myself inclined to starting messing around with my phone.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:59 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by 98eclipseRS
Alright noob time(at least as far as it comes to anything droid related). I have been on various iphones for years now since att had very limited offerings as far as anything else for a long time and I guess I just stuck with the familiarity. However, my contract is up soon and I am thinking of making the switch to an android device. I don't plan on rooting or anything like that and I don't need to latest and greatest. I would however like the increased screen size that you get with many phones other than the tiny *** screen you get on the iphone. I was looking at the note 2(it may be a novelty but I kind of like the idea of the stylus) but with the new galaxy s coming out I could probably pick up a gs3 for cheap. So what say you guys?

This will be for my personal use which is mostly internet surfing, watching movies, and playing games to waste time. So long battery life is a huge plus which the note 2 is supposed to have. I have a work phone for handling everything else. Is the note 2 too big? I know that size is subjective but hopefully someone here can chime in. Who knows maybe going with a droid I might find myself inclined to starting messing around with my phone.
Hard to say if it's "too big", I know many pre-iphone 5 users that can't get use to anything over 3.7/4 inches, much less a 5 inch phablet. You would have to go play with it in person.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
If I'm gonna get a note 2 I'd rather shell out the money for an ipad mini, or at least a playbook and go get a crackberry with it.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 PM

Car Info: 03 bucket stage 11/32
Originally Posted by w0ng3r
Hard to say if it's "too big", I know many pre-iphone 5 users that can't get use to anything over 3.7/4 inches, much less a 5 inch phablet. You would have to go play with it in person.

I am a pre iphone 5 user myself(OG, 3g, 4s), but the screen size is my biggest complaint. I have good eye sight and its a pain in the *** to read text on webpages a lot of the time. That and going to press one button and pressing another completely unrelated because everything is so small and bunched together.

Originally Posted by Heedz
If I'm gonna get a note 2 I'd rather shell out the money for an ipad mini, or at least a playbook and go get a crackberry with it.

Blackberry, I don't think so Tim. The wife has an ipad, its cool and an ipad mini would be much more portable but it doesn't solve the issue of only having wifi or paying another data plan to get 3g on it.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by 98eclipseRS

Yes you probably could get an S3 for cheap right about now with the S4 coming out soon, however the big thing people that move away from iPhone aren't aware of is the fragmented support.

With iOS you got your updates and what not from one source. With android it is all up to your phone manufacturer. There is no guarantee for how long Samsung plans to support the S3. I just updated my S3 to the latest version of Android out there 4.2.2 and it runs great.

If you look a few posts earlier in which I mentioned the main things to look for when going Android. Manufacturer and Flagship are key.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 PM

The original N4 has an LTE chip inside, it's just not enabled (google killed it in 4.2.2's OTA) . Certain users in certain areas were able to get a LTE signal because the towers happened to use the right AWS band.

Tmobile turned on their LTE in 8 cities, San Jose being one of them. You can get LTE on your nexus 4 there. No word on SF or LA LTE deployment by TMO.

32 gigs would be nice though.
I thought it came 3g and it wasnt the actual ROM :3 tells you how much I kept up with the n4 since I moved away from the google nexus line. Regardless its a good phone and I was able to play around with pretty much the whole nexus line so I think he will be happy with what it has to offer.

Quick Reply: The Official: All Things Phone Thread