Need help finding a location for our 9th annual "Mt Hamilton" meet! Help us please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by brucelee
How sick would it be to rent part of the drive in and make it so WRC footage is being played in the background and use some giant DJ speakers that pump out the sound! Damn, that would be sicker then hell!
Unfortunately the douches at sutter bought the property and the drive in stuff is all tore up. But the property is still there. They use it for the swap meet.

What about capitol? They might be down for an event like that.

could run 199 lives and the mcrae story and stuff like that.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by A.V.E.
depending on location, well probably meet there for a caravan like 3 years ago when we packed that lot full of subies before we headed up hammy

memories

One thing I REALLY hated about being the organizer of this event is that I missed out in things like the massive caravans and things of that nature. I know caravans seem like they are lame to some folks (like non-car people), but cruising on the freeway with 200 subies would be fun as HELL! Especially when you are car number 1 and everyone is depending on you to lead them!

A couple years ago I had about 10 subies meet at my house to take stuff up with us and to help with setup... So as we're caravaning on the freeway some E46 M3 and another BMW come rolling past our caravan then the passenger sticks his arm out of the window and gives us a big thumbs down... Then one of the guys throws a CD out of the car and it shatters on my windshield!!! Needless to say, we weren't happy about that. Almost instantly there were 5 subies in action and boxed the guys in completely... Thats when I verbally assaulted them and scared the living crap out of those guys...

Ah, the good old days...
Old 01-16-2009, 03:11 PM

Car Info: .
Anywhere but Fremont. Ugh.

That is why I didn't go last year...I didn't want to sit around a stagnant lake sweating my *** off in suburban hell.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Anywhere but Fremont. Ugh.

That is why I didn't go last year...I didn't want to sit around a stagnant lake sweating my *** off in suburban hell.
Word.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:28 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Brucelee: If you want some DJ action let me know..... Generator/Speakers/Scratching For Days..... plus it would be cool to check out other i-Club DJ's.....
Old 01-16-2009, 03:29 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Originally Posted by tangtangsugar
Kristo'S house- period.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:52 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
I don't suppose you could physically go there and snap some shots of the exact areas where we'd be... The parking lots, the picnic area, and anything else we would be occupying. Get tons of angles so we can see exactly how the park would look if we were there looking at it... The pictures would be our eyes since its too far to go just to see it.

You don't have to, but I'm really interested in that location as it sounds very much like Mt Hamilton.

It's great that they have an extra dirt lot for overflow subies... I don't think anyone would mind parking in a dirt lot in their subies... If they do, they probably shouldn't have a subie.
fo shizzle i can. i will go out on tuesday and snap some shots for yalls

i am no photographer though.

i will also find those satellite shots for you today as well.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by kosti
brucelee: If you want some dj action let me know..... Generator/speakers/scratching for days..... Plus it would be cool to check out other i-club dj's.....
a
v
t

>

all
Old 01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Word.

Oh don't worry, you two are not the only ones that felt this way... I had more people then I could count either come up to me in person and complain or sent me emails/PM's after the event.

Like I said, Quarry Lakes is a good location for a normal meet, but not for our annual one.

Also, I'll def hit you up for DJ stuff... Aaron has helped us in previous years but I don't think he's really into that stuff anymore and wants to just enjoy the meet, and I don't blame him one bit, so yeah, DJs are very welcome. It was sooooo weird not having music last year. It's like the backbone of a festival. Imagine festivals without music... How strange would that be?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
yeah, I dont really have any PA system type stuff anymore, so its hard to get stuff out there.

and brucie is right, I'm old now , so I'd rather just kik it.

..and i have to say ixnay on the scratching... its ok with your friends or at a dj battle, but a large group of 300 car ppl just want to hear music, and more then just hip hop, in fact the less cRAP the better.

Also, I'll def hit you up for DJ stuff... Aaron has helped us in previous years but I don't think he's really into that stuff anymore and wants to just enjoy the meet, and I don't blame him one bit, so yeah, DJs are very welcome. It was sooooo weird not having music last year. It's like the backbone of a festival. Imagine festivals without music... How strange would that be?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
a
v
t

>

all
HAHA thanks Gagan!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:43 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
so i foudn the big *** dirt lot that we can use can easily do + 300 cars. i routed it out and everything on paint but my photobucket isnt workign right now, thats a friday night for you

plus on tuesday i will take pics of the pae dlot with additional parking. as soon as photobucket isnt retarded i will load sat photos and will get you the pics for stafford too
Old 01-16-2009, 09:47 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
hey i know a reason that stafford would be ruled out is cuz most folk have to drive.

however:

#1 we get little/to no cop harrasment up here

#2 maybe finally we can get some of these lazy northbay folk out to something. god knows i have tried

#3 stafford lake is a super nice spot. tons of room no parking dues, decent weather, decent drive.

either way i am down but i vote for stafford. i would work extra to get this thing off the ground too. we gotta get soemthign goin in the northbay you know.
Originally Posted by Rescuer
compare this to the google satellite

google http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=17&iwloc=addr

but it doesn't look like they have enough parking for some reason
Wow, that place is beautiful. Better than hammy even imo. If the parking lots only go up 2-300 spaces, but have that dirt parking you mentioned, it'd be ok. There's nothing wrong with dirt....sheeesh. Seriously though, IF it ends up having the parking capacity for 400 possible cars, then it should be considered in the running. If we aren't going be willing to try a new place (if it does have required room for the POSSIBLE turnout of cars) then why are we discussing anything? May as well book hammy again and be done. I know we all love hammy. I would be happy to go back to hammy personally, as last year didn't feel like the annual BAIC meet, and as has been mentioned multiple times, was a small turnout and felt like a bi-monthly gathering of enthusiasts or something. I know most of us got burnt last year, and would not go again if it was the same location, and also know of people who didn't go last year simply because of the location (as daniel mentioned already again). The core few of you organizing this need to talk and figure out if you're really willing to try a new location, whether it's in the bay, or an hour or two drive away (in any direction). I don't know if most BAIC people realize how many frequent hammy-goers had to drive at least 2 hours to get there (some came even further). The drive time isn't a negative guys, it should be a positive imo. Short of driving to so-cal........sigma
Old 01-16-2009, 10:10 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
Don't know if this is reasonable or not but ever thought of meeting at a track like Infineon? Possible meet/track day.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:36 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by tschida
Don't know if this is reasonable or not but ever thought of meeting at a track like Infineon? Possible meet/track day.
With the cheap asses running around here? 5 people would show up, 3 of which would be the organizers cause they're obligated to.

Quick Reply: Need help finding a location for our 9th annual "Mt Hamilton" meet! Help us please!