looking for a Glock gunsmith in the southbay

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 02:29 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

IDPA rules states handguns only...

stock and enhanced semi autos and revolvers.

it's fun. i did a simulated one a few months ago, and in the dark too. really gets your heart going...
Old 01-21-2005, 02:31 PM

for all you subie and gun lovers that replied. Thanks a bunch. I just came from reeds and Eric, the store manager was there and is a glock gunsmith. Tried it and after shooting 15 rds(couple 4 rd bursts and full auto) came out and said"nothing could bring a smile to a mans face better than a full auto glock". stripped it down and saw the problem. A broken rail guide on the rear left. Whew. He told me to call up glock and send it back for repairs and replacement. Cheers to all
Old 01-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
w00t, problem solved!
Old 01-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Salty
Never shot an XD before... how would you rate them on a scale to 1-10 if Glock was a 5? Just Curious...

I'm more old fashioned I guess... give me a Colt with match barrel and bushings any day. And for the record I own a Glock model 27 for home protection.

It shoots nicer than a glock, plus it has a 1911 style safty on the handle... I'd rate it like a 6.5-7 if a standard glock was a 5. I like the XD a LOT.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:15 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by flvimpreza
for all you subie and gun lovers that replied. Thanks a bunch. I just came from reeds and Eric, the store manager was there and is a glock gunsmith. Tried it and after shooting 15 rds(couple 4 rd bursts and full auto) came out and said"nothing could bring a smile to a mans face better than a full auto glock". stripped it down and saw the problem. A broken rail guide on the rear left. Whew. He told me to call up glock and send it back for repairs and replacement. Cheers to all

go check on glocktalk.com and see if others has experienced this malfunction before...
Old 01-21-2005, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
go check on glocktalk.com and see if others has experienced this malfunction before...

Ill do that, I searched google so I can get glocks contact info. Too bad they are closed already. Dont even have a 800 number or a email tech support.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Salty
Yes. But it's main purpose is to tackle stubborn copper and lead.

-For semi automatic and automatic housings I field strip the entire weapon (detail strip only if you know what you’re doing).

-Then I take regular, unscented foam shaving cream and cover all the pieces of the weapon thoroughly and let it soak for a few minutes.

-Take each piece and scrub them with a stiff tooth brush well. Then take each piece and rise under warm tap water as you continue to brush. Repeat if necessary.

-Then I do this with a Nitro Solvent (black labeled Hoppes) and repeat as necessary.

-Once you’ve finished with the last round of Hoppes do not put back under water! Instead you’ll want to wipe clean with a rag and then oil the moving parts with a light coat of oil. Usually Hoppes or CLP.

-Tackle the barrel with patches of Nitro till your patches run clean. Then run a final patch with a small amount of oil. Be sure to run the rod from the breech to the muzzle (the direction the bullet travels) and not the other way around! Last thing you want to do is burr the muzzle crown and jeopardize accuracy.

-Reassemble the weapon, perform functions check and put her away
salty sounds like you know alot about these. I have been buying the cleaning kits and they get pretty expensive. Can I use brake cleaner on the barrel? Stubbord dirt grrr. thanks
Old 01-21-2005, 06:23 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
salty sounds like you know alot about these. I have been buying the cleaning kits and they get pretty expensive. Can I use brake cleaner on the barrel? Stubbord dirt grrr. thanks
I cleaned all my service weapons with brake/carb cleaner...just make sure you put a light coat of oil on afterwards.
Tetra makes good products for weapon's maintenance.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
You can use carb cleaner like Paul suggests, you must be careful like he is.

When I was younger and had the time I used to have my Grandfather purchase old military surplus weapons. I used to buy them and restore them for a 200%+ profit off consignment at gun shows and shops. It was how I made money before I was old enough for a job. I got pretty good at it and wasn't surprised if I got $400 for a Swedish Mauser I bought at $120.

I used to strip all the metal with crab cleaner and gasoline just prior to hot bluing. Doing this would take everything off the steel and it would be very prone to oxidation and rust within a matter of minutes.

That said, use oil to neutralize this process on any blued steel quickly. If you're doing the inside of a chromed barrel with the red tub they supply, it's not quite as urgent but you still want to run a patch of oil down it after you're done.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:52 AM

UPDATE: called up Glock. They will replace the whole bottom half free. I need to go to a gun store and have them ship it for me since the serial will be different. i asked if this has happened before. Apparently there is a recall. My gun was one of them. I gave them my serial and she verified it. Sucks because they did not even send out a letter or posted it. They knew that a batch(1% of glocks sold) had some casting problems.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:21 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

UPDATE: called up Glock. They will replace the whole bottom half free. I need to go to a gun store and have them ship it for me since the serial will be different. i asked if this has happened before. Apparently there is a recall. My gun was one of them. I gave them my serial and she verified it. Sucks because they did not even send out a letter or posted it. They knew that a batch(1% of glocks sold) had some casting problems.

kinda scary aint it?

lucky you didnt have a KB with it...