Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 05:58 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
edited

Last edited by STiYLIN; 05-21-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:59 PM

Car Info: Fast
Edited...see below lol

I wish my car had been here, cause I wanted to show you how effective my catch cans are. The lines going to and from are 1/2" clear reinforced tubing...so you can see that there is oil going in, but the hoses are clear coming out. Maybe I will go take some pics before it gets any darker....

Anywho, good job investigating. Everything looks real clean...I was going to say good luck at the drags, but I remembered it is wet lol.

Last edited by aboothman; 05-20-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:02 PM

Edited for stupidity

Last edited by aboothman; 05-20-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by aboothman
ok, now I understand. Good to see it was nothing serious. From your description earlier, it sounded way worse than that!! Although, to me any oil outside the engine is bad juju.

That is either the crankcase or valve cover breather line...I think it is the valve cover breather. The PCV is right next to them with the grey, black and off white plug. That oil that you are getting is blow-by....like we were talking about regarding the catch cans yesterday.

I wish my car had been here, cause I wanted to show you how effective my catch cans are. The lines going to and from are 1/2" clear reinforced tubing...so you can see that there is oil going in, but the hoses are clear coming out. Maybe I will go take some pics before it gets any darker....

Anywho, good job investigating. Everything looks real clean...I was going to say good luck at the drags, but I remembered it is wet lol.
It's the AVCS oil breather line to the head from the block hence the high tensil clamp on the first picture, it's not blow by it is supposed to carry oil. The other line from the head is the one that would carry blow by.

Mike
Old 05-20-2007, 09:32 PM

my bad....thanks for the clarification Mike. I will correct my misinformation
Old 06-01-2007, 09:20 AM

bump the dead. Going out to Maple Creek this Sunday to drive/swim. Taking the same route as before. Up to kneeland then down Butler Valley road, but this time we will come back the same way we went in and not go out to Blue Lake. Hit me up if you feel like coming out.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:54 PM

I wanted to go, but until November or so I have to stay within 2 hours of work, and within cell reception.

Hwy 36 is shredding my tires...and my last alignment was ****. I need to go back and tell them to fix my ****....left rear tire is rubbing slightly.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:05 PM

Drive any time soon? We need to at least all meet up and bs.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:22 PM

ya, I am still in Tahoe...but I should be back Monday or Tuesday. Not nsure if I get any days off paid, but we shall see. I'll hit all y'all up when I get back. I have new tires to put on, and an alignment to get

Thinking about selling the stock lateral links with bushings, and getting some whitelines with toe and camber adjustment. Those and some whiteline camber plates. Otherwise, I am looking at some Tein coilovers with the in cabin dampening control. That would be SICK!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:11 AM

Car Info: 05 STi White v2 8cm FP Red
Actually, the Tein EDFC is a total gimmick. DO NOT BUY IT. You have been warned.

Maybe wait to see what prodrive brings out for the consumer market or just drop coin for some KW V3's.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:37 AM

ya, I am still in Tahoe...but I should be back Monday or Tuesday. Not nsure if I get any days off paid, but we shall see. I'll hit all y'all up when I get back. I have new tires to put on, and an alignment to get

Thinking about selling the stock lateral links with bushings, and getting some whitelines with toe and camber adjustment. Those and some whiteline camber plates. Otherwise, I am looking at some Tein coilovers with the in cabin dampening control. That would be SICK!!!

Hey thanks for putting out Tahoe for us so that we can still enjoy that place! Fire Fighters are a crazy breed and I give you MAD props Adam.

I don't know any better but these cheapo Tein coilovers seem to do the trick on the street and were more than enough for my abilities at the track day I went to. Some beefy sways plus these basic coils make for a much better handling car than stock and I got rid of my clunk to boot!

In other news anyone know where to get a cheap nioce airbags for my burban? I want to lay frame in that thing.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:40 AM

Thanks man...as much time as we spend in the middle of nowhere, it is nice to hear that people appreciate what we do.

I have to say tho, having people clap when we would walk into a resturant was pretty weird tho. Better than booing I guess lol. It was cool with all the kids cheering and people waving.

So ya, I am back for 2 days. Friday I will probably be heading for the fire south of Susanville, or maybe the big big one in Utah. With the way things are these days, between drought, global warming and 100 years of fire suppression, I am sure to be gone all summer. But that is what makes the $$$.

I'll hit you guys up after I take care of the alignment and get my Re-01Rs on.

Oh ya, thanks for the advice Derek. Any knowledge of the Max-C camber plates?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 AM

Thanks man...as much time as we spend in the middle of nowhere, it is nice to hear that people appreciate what we do.

I have to say tho, having people clap when we would walk into a resturant was pretty weird tho. Better than booing I guess lol. It was cool with all the kids cheering and people waving.

So ya, I am back for 2 days. Friday I will probably be heading for the fire south of Susanville, or maybe the big big one in Utah. With the way things are these days, between drought, global warming and 100 years of fire suppression, I am sure to be gone all summer. But that is what makes the $$$.

I'll hit you guys up after I take care of the alignment and get my Re-01Rs on.

Oh ya, thanks for the advice Derek. Any knowledge of the Max-C camber plates?
Nice, welcome back. Do you think I can buy that 3" off you tonight or tomorrow? I am leaving on my trip Friday morning and was hoping to get that on. I found my exhaust leak. It where where the dp meets the catback on the drivers side. It was covered in black exhaust goodness. I just had the DP installed a month ago! Guess I need to start installing all my own stuff then when I screw it up at least I did it. I have tomorrow off if you want to do it then? LMK. :RockOn - not mine:
Old 07-13-2007, 12:14 AM

Thanks for the catback Adam! It fixed my leak and it seem I am up about 10whp. I assume 3-4 from the leak (it was BAD) and about 6 from the 3".

Maybe Mike will baseline me tomorrow so I can see. Butt dyno says wheehaw!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:44 AM

ya NP. Just watch out for the bumper....mine suffered a little melting action. It is all underneath the lip, but still. Have a great trip man!!

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread