Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:50 AM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
Think i saw that sti at the beach parking lot near the cookhouse one day hanging out with the honda crowd. Didn't have a reason to stop since i was in my beater truck getting sand...

I don't really understand why people speak in "stages" since what that means is completely subjective... sorry he beat ya Jeremiah, was he spraying?

Hope I can come to the strip a few times and see if i can blow the transfer case this season Anyone know when the thursday nights begin?

Dylan
Old 04-09-2007, 12:30 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by Seranin
Think i saw that sti at the beach parking lot near the cookhouse one day hanging out with the honda crowd. Didn't have a reason to stop since i was in my beater truck getting sand...

I don't really understand why people speak in "stages" since what that means is completely subjective... sorry he beat ya Jeremiah, was he spraying?

Hope I can come to the strip a few times and see if i can blow the transfer case this season Anyone know when the thursday nights begin?

Dylan
It's all good, you win some you lose some. I thought I was going to be able to launch him and take it by that, but he knew how to launch the STi. Makes sense now that he had a WRX before. I don't think he had spray, just a faster car I did save some face on the third race and got him by half a car.

I think the first race is the weekend of our track day @ T-Hill.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:32 PM

Car Info: Fast
http://www.samoadragstrip.com/

I actually meant that boost statement for lasek87....but its good that you salvaged some pride
Old 04-09-2007, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 99 impreza w/ wrx swap
Well ive been looking at turbo upgrades all day and i cant decide what to get. lol I have a budget of about 2100 $$. I can get the fpgreen but its gonna take em over a month to build it and send it to me. Im gonna need mine sooner then that. lol I have no patience. I was also looking at the APS SR56 turbo setup. Its a dual ball bearing turbo thats capable of 600hp. Yet even with the setup i have know, it should still pull pretty hard.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by lasek87
Well ive been looking at turbo upgrades all day and i cant decide what to get. lol I have a budget of about 2100 $$. I can get the fpgreen but its gonna take em over a month to build it and send it to me. Im gonna need mine sooner then that. lol I have no patience. I was also looking at the APS SR56 turbo setup. Its a dual ball bearing turbo thats capable of 600hp. Yet even with the setup i have know, it should still pull pretty hard.
dude you are is gonna be siack it is sounding like! We should get out and drive this weekend if everyones down.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:27 PM

just dont go too big on the turbo....I would talk to some tuners and reputable turbo shops to see what a good match for that 2.0 is. Get a good turbo, then spend the rest on suspension, or addons for the turbo. Just make sure to match everything up well and save yourself the hastle and $$ later on.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 99 impreza w/ wrx swap
I just got the APS SR40 turbo. We'll see how it does when it comes!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:32 AM

Anyone going to the Subydude track day @ T-Hill on the 27th besides Seranin and I?
Old 04-11-2007, 11:33 AM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
Anyone know anyone around who wants to buy a like new 2005 SV650S (vtwin sport bike)?...great beginner motorcycle. Lots of fun to ride and good low and mid range power. Less than 1500 miles...

Dylan
Old 04-11-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Seranin
Anyone know anyone around who wants to buy a like new 2005 SV650S (vtwin sport bike)?...great beginner motorcycle. Lots of fun to ride and good low and mid range power. Less than 1500 miles...

Dylan
Let me know the price and I will let my buddy who owns Humboldt Stunners (street bike entertainment). They are always buying/selling bikes.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:12 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
spotted a black 04/05 WRX with yellow fogs this morning about 10:30am in Mendocino heading south on HWY-1. Exchange a peace sign and nod.

I was in my WRBlue 04 WRX wagon with STi HIDs lowered on Gun Metal Rota Torques, and rally armor mud flaps.

I know mendocino is not slumboldt county, but it's closer to you guys then bay area.
I am seriously jealous of you guys for the roads you have up here. Mendocino to Weaverville through garberville/36/3 is AWESOME!
Old 04-14-2007, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by mcdrama
spotted a black 04/05 WRX with yellow fogs this morning about 10:30am in Mendocino heading south on HWY-1. Exchange a peace sign and nod.

I was in my WRBlue 04 WRX wagon with STi HIDs lowered on Gun Metal Rota Torques, and rally armor mud flaps.

I know mendocino is not slumboldt county, but it's closer to you guys then bay area.
I am seriously jealous of you guys for the roads you have up here. Mendocino to Weaverville through garberville/36/3 is AWESOME!
was this today? I saw a bunch of subies on 101 on the way to GST yesterday...gonna hit up the bay area sightings thread, since they were all in Santa Rosa or further south.

Mendo County is cool. Certainly a lot of good roads....some REAL good dirt roads, especially around Clear Lake.

Highway 299 from Arcata to Redding is a pretty good drive. Probably better than 36 since it is maintained a little better...but it is high speed for the most part.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by aboothman
was this today? I saw a bunch of subies on 101 on the way to GST yesterday...gonna hit up the bay area sightings thread, since they were all in Santa Rosa or further south.

Mendo County is cool. Certainly a lot of good roads....some REAL good dirt roads, especially around Clear Lake.

Highway 299 from Arcata to Redding is a pretty good drive. Probably better than 36 since it is maintained a little better...but it is high speed for the most part.
36 is buttloads better than 299, pavement wise and curve wise. I travel it at least once a month from 101-I-5.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:02 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by STiYLIN
36 is buttloads better than 299, pavement wise and curve wise. I travel it at least once a month from 101-I-5.
I've only been on 299 from weaverville to redding. The only real fun part is the 3000 ft. elevation point from Weaverville to Redding where you start going down hill for about 15 miles down to whiskey lake. Did that today. soo fun, though too many CHP on 299.

On my way out of weaverville a exchanged waves with a guy in a black 04/05 WRX sedan who was heading west on 299. This was about 4:15pm.

Back home in San Jose now though, and back to reality.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:00 PM

Drag races tonight @ the newly repaved Samoa Drag Strip. Pretty sure it's 10 bucks and head to head racing. 5:30p-8p

http://www.samoadragstrip.com/

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread