Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:35 PM

Car Info: Fast
lol...actually, that is going to be what you hear. You guys wont see much of me this summer if I am lucky By that I mean if I am lucky I will be gone making bank!!
Old 05-12-2007, 12:59 PM

Car Info: 2006 Evo IX SSL
Originally Posted by aboothman
lol...actually, that is going to be what you hear. You guys wont see much of me this summer if I am lucky By that I mean if I am lucky I will be gone making bank!!
Damn... guess that just means you're gonna have to leave me your car, to watch over it & take very good care of it :becky:
Old 05-18-2007, 06:49 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
The WRB'05 STi, I am coming for YOU! (Logan) I hope you come to the drags tomorrow and give me a rematch if you ain't skerr't. See you guys out there. I got me a secret weapon!111!!!!one!11.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:44 PM

so I take it the blow through and retune went well. What kind of numbers did you see?
Old 05-19-2007, 04:16 AM

so I take it the blow through and retune went well. What kind of numbers did you see?
good ones that go pfffffffffsssssssssssssssssssfffffffffssssssssssss s!

btw note the time, just got home.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
goto bed.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by evsoul
goto bed.
awake now and ready to race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5pm laddies!

yesterday was a 24hr day! I cannot say enough goods things about the staff @ GST Motorsports. I can't believe we got it all done!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 04:49 PM

Police Drags Now Biotches!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:37 PM

wow, car is slower now. Will get a time slip tommorw. Cop said I was trapping @ 94mph and I know I was doing 1.6s. I am so ready to throw in the towel. I played witht eh boost controller and got a tad more power. It's def not pulling hard and I was running 4 gallons of 104 with 2 gallons of 91. hit 1.4 bar as my highest. Going to log and get an actual time slip tomorrow. Even the sub was out!
Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 AM

It is because of the front mount turbo lag. Your WHP and WTQ are higher, but it takes longer to hit and doesn't pull as hard as a larger turbo would once you get there. Same thing I am dealing with...which is why I am considering going back to a top mount until I get my PPGs and a bigger turbo.

In my limited experience with a front mount on a VF-39, it smooths out the torque curve. You may get a little higher numbers, but since it takes a little while to "build", you dont really notice it like you would with a top mount. This may be why it feels it isn't pulling as hard according to the butt dyno

Also (I should have mentioned this earlier) from what I have learned, race gas really needs to be tuned for. Sure you can increase the boost, but that is not all of what is going on. I have actually been told (by very informed sources) that running too much race gas untuned can be WORSE than running 91 or 93. The race gas has a higher flash point, so to get the most out of it other things to be adjusted.

Limited amounts mixed to raise the octane and provide a knock barrier and crap gas protection should be OK.

Hopefully we can get some real details from an expert

Oh by the way, I didn't get my car back until 8 LOL. I should be able to make it on Thursday tho
Old 05-20-2007, 09:05 AM

It is because of the front mount turbo lag. Your WHP and WTQ are higher, but it takes longer to hit and doesn't pull as hard as a larger turbo would once you get there. Same thing I am dealing with...which is why I am considering going back to a top mount until I get my PPGs and a bigger turbo.

In my limited experience with a front mount on a VF-39, it smooths out the torque curve. You may get a little higher numbers, but since it takes a little while to "build", you dont really notice it like you would with a top mount. This may be why it feels it isn't pulling as hard according to the butt dyno

Also (I should have mentioned this earlier) from what I have learned, race gas really needs to be tuned for. Sure you can increase the boost, but that is not all of what is going on. I have actually been told (by very informed sources) that running too much race gas untuned can be WORSE than running 91 or 93. The race gas has a higher flash point, so to get the most out of it other things to be adjusted.

Limited amounts mixed to raise the octane and provide a knock barrier and crap gas protection should be OK.

Hopefully we can get some real details from an expert

Oh by the way, I didn't get my car back until 8 LOL. I should be able to make it on Thursday tho

thnkx for the info. Drags today where you get timed. Hopefully you can make it. Going to go put my slotted rotors on now.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:53 AM

edited

Last edited by STiYLIN; 05-21-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:47 PM

edited

Last edited by STiYLIN; 05-21-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:47 PM

edited

Last edited by STiYLIN; 05-21-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:30 PM

edited

Last edited by STiYLIN; 05-21-2007 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread