Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:17 PM

Car Info: Fast
ya, and that way we could all have a group tuning by Ed up here without having to travel to the bay
Old 08-16-2007, 12:41 AM

Car Info: 2006 Evo IX SSL
Originally Posted by blinguskahn
If Bryan is telling you to use something else I would recommend you go to a different tuner who is more comfortable with them.
Not the situation at all, im the owner and because i dont want others (including myself) tampering with the boost settings, i asked for alternatives and the 3port is notoriously a choice evo owners are going with... even with larger turbo setups.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:26 AM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by turbosmurf02
Not the situation at all, im the owner and because i dont want others (including myself) tampering with the boost settings, i asked for alternatives and the 3port is notoriously a choice evo owners are going with... even with larger turbo setups.
Bro I like you and as a friend this logic is totally retarded.

First I will teach you how to correctly adjust for race gas and ambient. I mean I learned it mang

AVCR is head oer heels better than the GM (that will CLICK). It will make you SO mad you bought it after about a day of driving it. IDK maybe on the EVO you won't hear it as you solenoid is maybe towards the front?

Anyways the ability to adjust boost for two different maps (A and B) and make boost gear and rpm specific makes the AVCR a sweet unit.

I had problems with mine, but the guy I bought it from supposedly dropped it an it was hit am miss after that. After Keith at Apexi re flashed it there have been 0 issues and boost hits hard and is consistent.

You have an EVO 9, you can't be scared to learn how to use electronics with it. I know how you are feeling as I once didn't want to mess with anything.

I am pretty sure you can lock and password protect your AVCR if you think people are going to mess with it. I would also write down all the setting somewhere in case something happens (mines in my owners manual).

Also the GM felt "slow" compared to the Apexi 3 port solenoid. It seems like it responds in half the time. That could be the butt dyno talking.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:44 AM

Sounds like i need to hold on to it. Well just gotta get some more hands on time with the unit, seeing ol' blings not around & all i can get is his little inputs here & there.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 AM

Sounds like i need to hold on to it. Well just gotta get some more hands on time with the unit, seeing ol' blings not around & all i can get is his little inputs here & there.
Well there is the internet you know, and blingus always helps me when I have a Q and he doesn't live in Slumboldt anymore. Plus I am here man and I am rocking an AVCR and know how to adjust it safely. Do you have my number? Get it from Adam or Casey if you don't, call me. I am more than willing to help someone that went to the dark side

I still think you should get tuned by Bryan, I think he just suggested the GM because you were uncomfortable with the AVCR.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:48 PM

thanx guy, yea i have ur number still... I think i called u before about coolant reservoir problem u had...????

I had talked to andy & bryan. Both would tune the car for whatever whenever. Bryan also uses the "gst boost pill" setup which would just use complete ecu based control plus upgrade pill line. I actually brought up the gm option after reading on it. He originally suggested gst pill.

If not, andy was telling me to have Devin (speedelement also) tune with the avcr.

Not being the original owner kinda blows in the sense that i know what they tuned for and at what psi and so on and so forth, so me adjusting the avcr just to reach my psi seems kind sketchy for me. (all i know is that i peak at 23psi and taper [stockturbo] to 21)

Ill let u check it out some time stiylin
Old 08-26-2007, 01:32 PM

who has sean's myspace? kinda curious to if he posted any pics of his FASTARR
Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 AM

who has sean's myspace? kinda curious to if he posted any pics of his FASTARR
You should see it now that you are added to mine.

Hope you are getting the hang of the AVCR. Like I said if you feel it pulling timing knock it down a percent or two at a time in that gear until it's fine. You we really picking it up fast, just trust yourself and go for it now.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:29 AM

Yea im getting more comfortable with it everyday, now im saving for a laptop so sometime later i can flash some race gas maps.... which will definitely be nice later with an upgraded turbo kit.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:18 PM

Matole Road ate my driver side wheel well. Was taking the dirt switch back section (uphill) between Petrolia and Honeydew. I was tearing up the hill and my drivers side front wheel hit a water bar too hard and hit up into the wheel well and ripped it off the back and was stuck up in the front folded in two. I had to pull up on a gravel mount to get up under the front and yank it all the way off.

Matole Road = 1

My STi = 0

Old 09-05-2007, 11:46 AM

Keep seeing a black Forester with gold wheels lowered running around Broadway around 8a in the mornings. Oregon plate. Looks siack mang.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:03 PM

Car Info: 06 STi
That Forester is dope my girl spotted it in Rio Dull the other day.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:25 AM

He don't give the wazzup....
Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 AM

same here, i see that guy alot, whats in those things? No evo love either :P
Old 09-06-2007, 11:47 AM

same here, i see that guy alot, whats in those things? No evo love either :P
Almost the same motor as the STi. Basically it's a detuned 2.5.

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread