Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:23 PM

Car Info: Fast
Here are a few of the pics from yesteday.

All 6 can be found HERE

Name:  3-17-07pic3.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  197.0 KB
Name:  3-17-07pic6.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  191.2 KB

Last edited by aboothman; 03-18-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:13 AM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Hahaha, cropped the EVO in the first one. Was that intentional? LoL. Seranin EVO was sounding as good as it looked. That thing is hawt! Are your rims 16's aboothman or 17's?

Hopefully I will get the few pics I took up today.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:07 AM

ya, it was that or stand in the middle of road to get the entire car lol. I guess I could have cropped my car, but it would have made her mad

Those wheels are 17x8s, with my summer tires on them. I threw them on just for the drive. My stockers (17x7 or 6.5) have some kickass all-season tires on them. My next wheels will be 18x8s, with a 23540r18 or something similar. Allmost the same height, but less sidewall.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
Hey, thanks everyone. The ride was fun. Sorry it takes me a while to remember names (Esp. Jason...not Josh ) Adam - i didn't get a chance to mention - I love that front end in black, and lowered. It looks really aggressive. I don't think the other colors do the '06 styling justice.

Next drive we do let's plan it out a little more with a couple stops (when we know the roads better), and figure out a way to signal easily in case anyone wants a break or if we're driving too fast (or slow!).

All our cars look nice, but I think the best part of those pictures is the blue sky at 3 corners...! it was worth getting away from the fog regardless of the nice road too.

Dylan
Old 03-19-2007, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 2006 Evo IX SSL
Originally Posted by Seranin
Hey, thanks everyone. The ride was fun. Sorry it takes me a while to remember names (Esp. Jason...not Josh ) Adam - i didn't get a chance to mention - I love that front end in black, and lowered. It looks really aggressive. I don't think the other colors do the '06 styling justice.

Next drive we do let's plan it out a little more with a couple stops (when we know the roads better), and figure out a way to signal easily in case anyone wants a break or if we're driving too fast (or slow!).

All our cars look nice, but I think the best part of those pictures is the blue sky at 3 corners...! it was worth getting away from the fog regardless of the nice road too.

Dylan
+12345
Old 03-19-2007, 02:12 PM

It was a good time in the sun, that's for sure. I agree, a little more organization would be good. I love going fast, but would hate to think I was making any one else feel unsafe, so signals are a great idea. I just like geting out and driving our cars together and don't need to race. There defintely needs to be a repeat about once per month if we can all swing it.

I don't remember his name but the guy with the black bug eye that used to go out to the track all the time last year? Well I saw him this weekend and went by his house. He just swapped in a JDM 2.0 STi motor. He got the whole front clip, susp, brakes, tranny. He just needs the rear dif. Thing was almost done. I am sure he would like to go out grip driving with us.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:20 PM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
crazy...i see that guy on the highway between arcata and mckinleyville sometimes. he's gonna be a menace at the strip and backroads hope i can make it to samoa a few days this year.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:05 PM

Car Info: 05 STi White v2 8cm FP Red
Originally Posted by STiYLIN
I agree, a little more organization would be good.
Walkie Talkie's FTW.

When I lived up there I would organize these drives all the time. This was when hardly anyone had cool sport compacts that were worthy of taking these roads on. We always used walkie talkies and would post up in cetain spots so that one person could notify us of oncoming traffic. That way, we were able to use the entire tarmac and not worry about head on collisions.

Best road IMO, Titlow Hill!!!! Can't beat the smooth pavement, uphill on-camber hairpins.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM

Thanks for the kind comments on my car. I told her, and she blushed (redline lol).

I am down for a drive whereever...hauling *** is not required. It sure is fun tho I am down for some random driving, just to check the roads out. I do it myself, but it is always more fun with other people. Especially if they can keep up!!

Walkies are definately a great idea. I will spring for a set, but I have to upgrade my brakes first. Pads, lines and fluid.

Oh, is anyone a decent graphic designer, or good with layouts? I am thinking we should make a flier to put on peoples windows. it would look a lot better than a note with my scribble lol.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:12 AM

Car Info: 05 STi White v2 8cm FP Red
You can get a set of 4 walkies now at costco for like $25 and the range is a few miles.

As far as brakes, the best performance per dollar upgrade for the 06's is definately Porterfield R4-S pads, Stoptech slotted (not drilled) rotors, and Stoptech SS coated brake lines with some Motul DOT4 fluid. We are running some great specials on this setup and have it all in stock at GST.

Give me a call and I can set you up.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:27 PM

NM figured it out. Thanks for the help man. You have given me a lot to think about, and save my pennies for lol. I'll hit ya up when I am ready for another trip to the bay.

Last edited by aboothman; 03-20-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:38 PM

my pics with the gf's camera.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:12 AM

nice! Dude, I was just looking at the site for Subiefest 2. I didn't realize there is an autocross. The list is short for anyone who is going and wants to hit up the autocross
Old 03-21-2007, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 2006 Evo IX SSL
Wink

Originally Posted by aboothman
Especially if they can keep up!!

HATERs... lol
Old 03-23-2007, 11:45 AM

bump

Anyone for wasting some gas this weekend? I know I am down for a short drive.

Sat I am free after 1p, Sunday is open.

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread