Humboldt County thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:02 AM

Car Info: Fast
ya I was looking at that. I was also looking at going to a rally in Oregon next month. I think it is later in the month tho.

199 is always a fun drive I just bought some Primitive skid plates (3/16" front and readr) so I should be protected from those damned rocks on these twisty rural roads.

By the way, I am getting tuned tomorrow Ed is going to tune my car on the Gruppe-S dyno.

Hey STiYLIN, what intake are you using with your front mount?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:07 AM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by aboothman
ya I was looking at that. I was also looking at going to a rally in Oregon next month. I think it is later in the month tho.

199 is always a fun drive I just bought some Primitive skid plates (3/16" front and readr) so I should be protected from those damned rocks on these twisty rural roads.

By the way, I am getting tuned tomorrow Ed is going to tune my car on the Gruppe-S dyno.

Hey STiYLIN, what intake are you using with your front mount?

The FMIC is not installed yet (want to do it this weekend). The intake I have now is stock (GP Moto elbow)

The intake I have for my FP GReen setup is the Perrin big MAF witht he foam cone. I will probably turn it into a custom CAI though by extending the piping to the filter. I am also looking into coating the outside of the metal section of the Big MAF so that it doesn't heat soak.

Good luck @ GST. The dyno will break your heart
Old 03-08-2007, 10:23 AM

so you are hoping to put the filter in the fender? Thats what I have right now. I am hoping to make a custom shield for it. I dont think much water will get to it, but just in case....

This is the setup I am running:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...postcount=1714

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...postcount=1723

oh ya, I am getting tuned at gruppe-s, but I think their dyno is a heartbreaker too. Oh well, as long as the car drives well, I can live with low numbers.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:28 AM

so you are hoping to put the filter in the fender? Thats what I have right now. I am hoping to make a custom shield for it. I dont think much water will get to it, but just in case....

This is the setup I am running:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...postcount=1714

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...postcount=1723

oh ya, I am getting tuned at gruppe-s, but I think their dyno is a heartbreaker too. Oh well, as long as the car drives well, I can live with low numbers.
I personally don't like the place but that tuner seems very reputable. Good luck and post some numbers when you get back! Also I can't go to NASICAWK IBBanninated 4-LIFE!!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:33 AM

Car Info: 05 STi White v2 8cm FP Red
Originally Posted by STiYLIN
Route 101 N to 199E to I-5 North.

Should take 5-6 hrs.
What are you smoking??? I want some!

Arcata to Portland=400miles=8 hours.

Taken that route over a dozen times.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by blinguskahn
What are you smoking??? I want some!

Arcata to Portland=400miles=8 hours.

Taken that route over a dozen times.
Hahaha, I will share. I have never been and was just guessing becuase someone in the office said 7 hrs and I figure I drive faster I will go with your time vs theirs.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by STiYLIN
I personally don't like the place but that tuner seems very reputable. Good luck and post some numbers when you get back! Also I can't go to NASICAWK IBBanninated 4-LIFE!!
ya, I have no opinion either way about Gruppe-S...never dealt with them. It is all about the tuner, and the dyno he has access to.

Hey Blingus, I will stop by GST tomorrow I really want to see the shop...and maybe spend some cash I don't have on stuff I don't need lol

Last edited by aboothman; 03-08-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 2006 Evo IX SSL
ya, I have no opinion either way about Gruppe-S...never dealt with them. It is all about the tuner, and the dyno he has access to.

Hey Blingus, I will stop by GST tomorrow I really want to see the shop...and maybe spend some cash I don't have on stuff I don't need lol
Watch out, blingus will be out "running errands"! pff, he hears the humboldt boys are coming for him... haha
Old 03-09-2007, 03:04 PM

@ lunch coming into Eureka N.101 I saw a AW '05 STi with sick gold volks (wide as fawk). Def had a bov/turbo/exhaust/and I think FMIC w/CF Hood. Trunk was debaged except WRX Impreza badge. Your car sounded nice man. License plate holder said he was from the 415 area code so one of you bay-area'ns headed North.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:03 PM

Car Info: 2008 Red Alert Nissan Titan
Hey man... not that you'll see this before you get home,

Didn't realize you were the guy I helped Greg direct to Gruppe-S this morning. It's too bad, I woulda said what's up, not that you had time to talk before your tuning appt.

Hope you're satisfied with your tune. Don't let it surprise you that you were there all day... hah...it's the way things go with performance shops.

Let us know what happened when you get home. Sorry you couldn't stay at GST and let Mike help you out. But, the stock mapping is dangerous as is on 91 so hopefully you're safe now.

Dylan

Old 03-10-2007, 01:41 AM

now that I am home...

All I can say is that this is how the car is supposed to be...Freaking sweet!!

Thanks for the directions, it helped me save a little face lol. I still had to do a hurry up boost solenoid install. I wanted to stop back by GST, but with the killer traffic, my "detour" through SF (damned 80 east/west gets me every time!!) and the trunk swap, I was in a bit of a hurry.

Anyway, I need sleep. heading to Chico tomorrow. I'll update with a dyno graph and stuff when I get back. 260 whp/270 wtq overall. Not too bad....best thing is that the torque curve is smooth at peak, and the car keeps building power to 6k.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:52 AM

now that I am home...

All I can say is that this is how the car is supposed to be...Freaking sweet!!

Thanks for the directions, it helped me save a little face lol. I still had to do a hurry up boost solenoid install. I wanted to stop back by GST, but with the killer traffic, my "detour" through SF (damned 80 east/west gets me every time!!) and the trunk swap, I was in a bit of a hurry.

Anyway, I need sleep. heading to Chico tomorrow. I'll update with a dyno graph and stuff when I get back. 260 whp/270 wtq overall. Not too bad....best thing is that the torque curve is smooth at peak, and the car keeps building power to 6k.
Dude, this trip was bad ****! Nice pull thru the RPMs. Hit me back later
Old 03-15-2007, 01:48 PM

anyone want to go for a drive Saturday or maybe Sunday? Supposed to be Partly Cloudy at worst...

I was thinking take the Freshwater road up and around to Blue Lake. It would be shorter than the Bridgeville route, and it ends closer for the Eureka folks. Either way works for me.

Here is the first route

Here is the second route

If anyone is down for a longer drive, I know some good roads towards Southern Humboldt.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:10 PM

I am down.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:13 PM

Im too slow... with weak stock suspension :P

Quick Reply: Humboldt County thread