Troll Hall i-Club doesn't ban trolls. Instead, we just lock them up here. Watch out! Troll patrol is in the house!

O.t.: Wrx - 1 / Srt4 - 0

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 10:54 AM

Car Info: silver 2.5 tr 2006MT wrx
even with 30 grand in upgrades to a neon, itis still a neon/Pt cruiser. my friend works at a mazda dodge volkswagon dealership, and the big joke with us is that the srt is the new coffin on wheels. that car can not possible be all that great, with all that hp in front wheel drive, torque steer torque steer torque steer. the car these little fckers should be getting is the new mazda speed, even though it has a much horsepower as my RS it is still better then a neon. how many kids or chicks do you see walkin up and tellin some dude "yo man that's bad *** neon". sorry none. at least the mazda protege is cool lookin, and noe with a turbo it has the power it needed

the worse part about the whole neon thing is that it is a car with a more powerful engine, that is it. the frame and handleing characteristics of that car are the same, becasue you know they did not redesign that cars suspension. the wrx rs were designed to be driven a certain way, the frame suspension are all tuned for speed and abuse. i am not saying that you can just jump the car off a loading dock type of abuse though.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:10 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Please quit ragging on each other and let this thread die. Arguing back and forth does nothing. Lets wait and see how the SRT does in sales and at the track. I try to go to the race track (not 1320) a couple of times every year, and lets see if anyone in an SRT shows up...if they do, how do they drive?

Lets also wait at the 1320 track, do they do well? How about just around on the street? Are they kicking butt? It's too new to know, I test drove one and I don't think it's handling is nearly as sharp as my WRX, but I'm biased. Lets see what happens as these things make it in the market or on Misquito Ridge
Old 04-21-2003, 05:36 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB WRX
0-60 and 1/4 mile times

Car & Driver have posted 5.6 sec. 0-60 and 14.2 sec. 1/4 mile times for the neon. Car & Driver posted 5.4 sec. 0-60 and 14.1 sec. 1/4 mile time for the WRX. Lets just leave it at that.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:33 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Re: car and driver?

Originally posted by IllNastyImpreza
hhmm really? who tuned the rex ? =)
Nobody. It just wasn't their clutch/transmission.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 2.5rs with Eighteens!!!lol
Wow nine pages of hostility...that is what I call "chock full"

First of all, the neon is a marketing effort...the U.S. auto manufacterers want to capitalize on the, as they see it, small displacement-turbo-charged market.

We have seen the Neon, and soon there will be a Ford focus RS HERE too (maybe turbo?).

Remember when there was a mustang GT that was a 4-cylinder turbo?

Remember the Dodge daytona turbo?

Remember the Buick Grand National?

The U.S. manufacturers can make some truly formidable turbocharged automobiles...

The inevitably upcoming generation of U.S. turbo cars will be fast, and we shouldn't underestimate them from a performance standpoint...we should only expect that they won't last past 50,000 miles...peace out y'all

Love the Domestice VS. Import anger...as futile and juvenile as it is
Old 04-25-2003, 11:29 PM

The Cosworth Focus ain't coming. I forgot why, but Ford made it pretty clear they couldn't do it even if they wanted to. Which sucks.

Anyways, I will always favor domestics- what with being an American and all. But until they get their acts together and spend as much on engineering and QC as they do on marketing, other companies will be making better cars.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:55 PM

Car Info: 2.5rs with Eighteens!!!lol
Please don't mistake me for the trailer park scrounging hill-billy that I am about to sound like (I am way under qualified)...

...but to those of you who choose to constantly, and unconditionally, to dangle the U.S. STi over everyone's heads, I just have to say that if it's drag racing you want, then I wlll see your STI and raise you a supercharged Mustang SVT Cobra (comparably priced) which WILL HANDILY trounce the STI in a straight line.

I hope that the rationale fuelling your following objections will point out to you all the very reason why it has generally been unfair to compare domestic and import performance autos, if not for more than the fact that they are built with drastically varying philosophies in mind...
Old 04-26-2003, 11:17 AM

Car Info: silver 2.5 tr 2006MT wrx
win lose or draw it is still a ford, no matter what it is still a ford
i had to fords, the worse cars that i could have ever ownwed.
i will still smoke any one on the raod with my 403 hp turbo charged dodge omni, i have no real intake, or exhaust no catalytic convertor, and no 4th gear. i do have a plastic bag covering the rear windsheild though, it is like limo tint but blows around when i have the windows down doin 80 on the highway.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:39 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
this thread is dead
Old 05-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
yep
Old 05-09-2003, 09:49 PM

Die thread die!

Quick Reply: O.t.: Wrx - 1 / Srt4 - 0