Troll Hall i-Club doesn't ban trolls. Instead, we just lock them up here. Watch out! Troll patrol is in the house!

O.t.: Wrx - 1 / Srt4 - 0

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 07:18 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
I'm still confused about the brakes thing. If you can't get into 3rd at 80 mph, why would you slow down to downshift? Slowing down is not a requirement of downshifting. It's really simple actually: depress clutch, move shifter into desired gear, apply some throttle, and release the clutch. No braking required. If you wanted to downshift so bad, why not go a step further and hold the brakes long enough to drop to second? Then you can really show what a Manly Man you are by getting to shift an extra time! Woo hoo! I say again, you apparently drive the same way you write- haphazardly, with no continuity, smoothness, or slightest hint of skill.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:48 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
PLEASE!!! Just shut up. The argument is over.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:17 PM

Car Info: cf hood/ volks =)
setting: wrx guy (could be me) and neon guy (could be this arrogant shietface) at a redlight

two fine girls walk across the street. neon guy fumbles with his nonpowered windows in an attempt to "holla"
wrx guy drives the two girls home.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:19 PM

aye srt guy...these guys wont street race you...but I WILL....if you ever see a blue wrx with cf hood and volks rims...be ready to get smoked...neon...*chuckles*
Old 03-17-2003, 07:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Hey srt how bout coming out to sac raceway sometime Id love to see what you run at the track even if its our broke down one here. and again can I have a ride in your sti if you get it.I'd ask about the srt but I already drove one
Old 03-17-2003, 08:09 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Re: Oh BTW

Originally posted by SRTdriven
according to YOUR calculations
:its simple depress clutch, okay nimrod you need to press the clutch depressing it is the opposite
shift to desired gear if that was true I "could" shift into ist @ 80mph and blow my engine up, right? you really are smarter than me just don't help your kids with their homework!! unless you want them to fail. Also, my keyboard is wireless and a POS so lay off the BS

no I don't need to downshift so bad okay "smarts" your new name. however, downshifting mean more power moron get it?? you wouldnt know that because your between your gear ratios and your crappy power-less engine you probably don't need to downshift to pass because your car is incapable of doing so period! please answer that!! I need to hear yet another lyrically miracular piece of **** essay rebuttal that you attempt to write>>>>>>
Alright brainiac, it's real simple. If you're going too fast to drop to 3rd, say 80, and you brake to 70-75 to downshift, you only get to be in that gear for what, 2 seconds before you're back at 80 and have to up shift? In the meantime, if you had just dropped to 4th and gotten on with it, you wouldn't have lost 2 carlengths in the 2 seconds you wasted GETTING BACK TO THE SPEED YOU WERE ALREADY AT not to mention the extra shift. And it is "depress" when you DISengage the clutch in order to shift.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:10 PM

cool...see you around campus then...yup blue wrx with cf hood...look for me...or see my taillights, whichever one comes first...hahaha...
i do go to albertos sometimes, the one off of redhill and the 5.
and honestly, i havent done much..i just wanna see how the srt stands..been hearing nothing but good things about it...btw what color is your car? have you done anything to it that is unique compared to other srt ( so i know its you). btw i'm jay..and i'mnot a dikk....but i'll race you..
Old 03-17-2003, 08:11 PM

oh yeah before iget flamed...the roads must be clear so to ensure its safe (happy flamers?)

Quick Reply: O.t.: Wrx - 1 / Srt4 - 0