Troll Hall i-Club doesn't ban trolls. Instead, we just lock them up here. Watch out! Troll patrol is in the house!

O.t.: Wrx - 1 / Srt4 - 0

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by Akane'sRex
This type of comparison reminds me of home (Japan). The car Otakus always go to the extreme.

I like any type of fast cars because I like to drive fast. My old boyfriend back home always told me, "there is an entique when fast cars are involved. Always respect your opponent." I like to think if they are mean people they are mean because they lack something.......down there....... .

Bye-Bye
LOL!

nice one

-Gagan
Old 03-11-2003, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by Akane'sRex
This type of comparison reminds me of home (Japan). The car Otakus always go to the extreme.

I like any type of fast cars because I like to drive fast. My old boyfriend back home always told me, "there is an entique when fast cars are involved. Always respect your opponent." I like to think if they are mean people they are mean because they lack something.......down there....... .

Bye-Bye
.()'''''*()
.(='o'=)
=(,,)(,,)== Lack of what?

Just Kidding Good one though.

Last edited by cyyeo; 03-11-2003 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS Silverthorn
hahahahahaha

too much time on your hands

Last edited by scoobiesnacks; 03-11-2003 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:26 PM

Car Info: White 2000 2.5RS-Turbo
That fool need to come to the UCKK meet and get hosed by every WRX there. Gagan will hose em in his 2.5RS! Heck I'll hose him in my 2.5RS!

(shhh)

SRT4 MOPAR POWER TURBO BLAH BLAH... Its still a NEON!

Last edited by AWD_Dan; 03-11-2003 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Lets take turns hosing them
Old 03-12-2003, 08:09 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
stock for stock? are u kidding? that is and always has been the dumbest argument on this board considering how many stock wrx are on it compared to modified (and even highly modified).

wrx - 2 / srt4 - 0
Old 03-12-2003, 12:57 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
automobile mag.

Has anyone seen the latest Automobile magazine? I can't guarantee this quote w/o having the article in front of me but it looked like they tested the SRT-4 at 5.7 0-60 and 14.2 in the 1/4 mile. I'll have to check on that, but I thought the numbers were very close to a stock WRX. I do recall the article noting that the Neon's HP rating is conservative...probably pushing 225 HP. I've seen lots of threads bashing the Neon and I've seen the video of the Neon taking it to the WRX, but it looks like on paper they have very similar performance specs. I guess my point here is that these cars seem fairly close in performance and therefore the driver might be the deciding factor in a duel.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:42 PM

Car Info: none
I saw two last night @ Infineon Raceway

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...&highlight=srt
Old 03-13-2003, 07:39 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Re: Okay I'm sorry!!

Originally posted by SRTdriven
Anyway tell me why its a neon just like your wrx is only a 2.5rs??? to cut costs and for the car to hit dealers in a sooner than later scenario dodge kept the same dash unibody and body, adding ground skirts, rear wing new mug and a hoodscoop. Thus, everthing else is all srt-4, taking the 2.4inline 4 thats in the stratus and turbo charging to 15psi.
Your SRT-4 is still a Neon underneath. A WRX is still an Impreza underneath. What's the difference? About $8,000 worth of improved chassis design, higher quality materials, reduced NVH, better crash safety, and better overall reliability. There is not a car anywhere near the price of the Impreza RS with anywhere close to as rigid a structure. For $18,000 you couldn't start with a better car to turn into a truly fast car. Compare that to the origins of your SRT-4, which is the humble Neon base model, which is the cheapest car Detroit could possibly build. Can you show me anywhere on an N/A Neon where a few more bucks could have been squeezed off the price? Doubt it. I can show you countless places where Subaru went the extra mile to improve their car. Yes, the Dodge boys built a hell of a motor for your car. But they did almost nothing to improve the overall vehicle. You mentioned braking- yes, the SRT-4 stops better, but IIRC you get Michelin Pilot Sports in 225 width off the shelf. Subaru saddles us with RE92s on the WRX. Given equivalent tires, braking will be the same. Then, taking into account the much greater weight of the WRX, I'd say our brakes are actually better engineered. Handling? No contest. And stop bringing up the rally thing. In all honesty no more Subaru owners rally than SUV drivers go off road. (Well, maybe a few) On a real ROAD, not STREET (where there are a lot of reasons not to be racing, and if you don't know them I can't make you understand here) a stock WRX will stomp anything made by Chrysler short of a Viper. a road is one that doesn't follow many straight lines, is sparsely traveled, and is generally considered a good place to wring out your car. Good pavement or bad, your SRT-4 is not built to get from Point A to Point B as fast as it is when point B is 1/4 away. The lack of a limited slip speaks volumes about what the Dodge engineers wanted to get out of the car. Car and Driver? Didn't they get a 5.7 0-60 for the SRT-4? Wow. I'm blown away. They are only .1 SLOWER than their WRX. Trap speed? Again, as every single person posting here has said, the Neon has the advantage in the quarter. But when are you going to be running at those speeds against a WRX? Or anything else for that matter? Hopefully never if you drive any roads near me.

So, let's conclude.

__________Neon SRT-4_______Impreza WRX___

1/4 mile times:____X___________________________

Price:____________X___________________________

Value:______________________________X________

Handling:____________________________X________

Comfort:_____________________________X________

Resale Value:_________________________X________

Aftermarket:__________________________X________

Utility/Convenience:____________________X________

I'll take my RS, thanks.

Last edited by Kevin M; 03-13-2003 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Hey srt can I drive your sti when you get it, please
Old 03-13-2003, 09:15 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Well, I was approved for a loan on the SRT-4. I like it, but after seeing my Stratus's decline (It's falling apar!) after 80k miles (Same motor, but N/A) I am having second thoughts.

They look like a toy to me. I was checking them out. I got a quote from Hayward Dodges fleet manager for 19700. I may take it for 19000+ tax license and docs.

It is for my wife by the way. Which color, silver, or black? I like Yellow, but I like my ticketless record, and red is just fugly IMO.

Andy
Old 03-13-2003, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Responses, in order:

1) A civic DX will go 100 mph. Big freakin deal, that has little value in a world populated by other vehicles and authority figures. Save that one for the track and deserted highways in places like South Dakota.

2)Nobody races to 60? What the hell do you call a freeway on-ramp? Are you saying that you hit your trap speed between stoplights? 0-60 from a standing stop is every bit as valid as the 1/4 mile time.

3)Your seats may very well be better. But the remainder of your cars interior is crap.

4)So, what, torque steer builds character or something?

5)Nobody mentions style because it is completely subjective and impossible to quantify. Nobody can win this argument.

6)WTF are you smoking? APPRECIATE???? Dude, hate to break it to you, but as soon as those cars do what Neons do (which is break) your resale value is going to plummet. And that is not because my car is ever going to be voluntarily sold (not gonna happen) but in the event of collision, theft, etc., who is gonna get more of their cash back to buy another one?

7)Yes. Big deal.

8)On a tight course my RS with 170 CRANK horsepower will outrun your Neon. If you don't believe me, ask the guys here with 110 hp L's that win their class in autocross. All this in spite of the fact my car is heavier than yours. And what does power/weight ratio have to do with handling?

9)Mopar stage 3... great. What else you got? I have Vishnu, Cobb, Prodrive, MRT, AVO, Whiteline, and of course STi just for starters. Where do you go for world class coilovers? How many big brake kits do you have to choose from? Gearsets? Adjustable strut tops? Headers (oh yeah... you can't)...how bout the small stuff, like anti-lift kits? Shifter bushings? Adjustable control arms? anti-roll bars in every possible necessary size? Aftermarket does not equal more horsepower.

10)Blah blah not a 2.0 blah blah aggressive unibody blah blah oil squirters (a WRX is so equipped) blah blah blah. Your economy rental car chassis is superior to the one Prodrive uses to build its World Championship winning rally cars? Interesting.

11) You have a $12,000 car with a $5,000 engine that costs $20,000. A WRX is a $19,000 car with a $5,000 engine that MSRPs for $24,000. Do the math.

12) Price- a Neon turbo costs $20,000. A WRX retails for $24,000 but can be had for $21,500. A neon is cheaper. What was your rebuttal there?

Apparently you forgot how to count past 12, so I'll refrain from embarrassing you by switching to letters.

A)What do I look for in a car? Everything. Don't you? I mean, if comfort is not important to you, why are you riding a CBR? It'll spank you in the 1/4 and costs half as much. Oh, I see, you need a car so you can move something bigger than a backpack from one place to another, and other people as well. Sunny cali? Same here Bubb. I've never driven in snow. I'd still rather have AWD than the ability to do peg-leg burnouts. Z28-esque performance? If I wanted that, I'd buy a Z28. Go tell a Camaro SS owner that you have a muscle car too. They'll laugh you off the track.

B) Every 200+ hp car? Really? You must have been tired after that. Not to mention the little Freudian slip there- "clear and affordable winner." Yes, your car is the cheapest available with 200 hp. But it is far from the best, even in it's price range.

C) Everything in the arsenal huh? The real question is, why do you keep going back to the damn quarter mile? is your driveway at one end of a drag strip or what? As far as utility... yeah. My car is capable of serving a purpose other than racing. If yours doesn't need to, why didn't you get a true sports car with little to no utility like an MR2 or an S2000? Because you NEED utility to some degree. Can you put four 6 foot tall people in your car and drive 75 miles without them hating you? I can. Does your head scrape the roof when your car is equipped with a sun/moonroof? Mine doesn't, and I'm 6'2".

D)Crap. I can't hold a double gulp in my cup holder. You got me there. Add a second point to the Neon's total.

E)Driving is not solely about the power your car has. If that were the case, why would you buy a 225 hp Neon when you have a 260 hp Acura?

F)I'll take my RS for all the reasons I have stated in the last two posts. I spent 4 months comparing every vehicle under $25,000 before buying it. In fact, I had never even touched/sat in/driven a Subaru prior to walking on the lot to test drive one (which I subsequently bought).

G) Great, go get your Mopar 300 hp. I'll take my Ludespeed Turbo and some i-Speed tuning and meet you on any track, anytime.

H)Cars have nothing to do with logic. If so, we'd all be driving Civic hybrids.

Now stop blathering on this SUBARU message board about your car. We admitted the obvious truth that your car is faster. Now admit the equally apparent truth that our cars are BETTER.

Last edited by Kevin M; 03-13-2003 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally posted by BADWRX
Well, I was approved for a loan on the SRT-4. I like it, but after seeing my Stratus's decline (It's falling apar!) after 80k miles (Same motor, but N/A) I am having second thoughts.

They look like a toy to me. I was checking them out. I got a quote from Hayward Dodges fleet manager for 19700. I may take it for 19000+ tax license and docs.

It is for my wife by the way. Which color, silver, or black? I like Yellow, but I like my ticketless record, and red is just fugly IMO.

Andy
Thats gonna be the BEST LOOKING srt-4 hahahahahahaha
j/k don't kill me yet! hahahaha

-freddie

-------------------------------------------------
"double the HP, double the Delta"

Quick Reply: O.t.: Wrx - 1 / Srt4 - 0