Troll Hall i-Club doesn't ban trolls. Instead, we just lock them up here. Watch out! Troll patrol is in the house!

O.t.: Wrx - 1 / Srt4 - 0

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 12:26 AM

Car Info: ayo for yayo
Originally posted by Wingless Wonder
Originally posted by Broken Arrow
Last night (approx: 1140 pm) I came accross a new yellow Neon SRT4 approaching Vallejo on hwy 80. He started to stare at me and so, I waved at him. His response: he gave me the finger???
<snip...>
What's up with these new guys???

I'd guess that it's the thumbs down smack talk from WRX messaging boards. I saw at least a couple of threads on i-Club in General. It just went on and on, bashing Neons, Dodge, front-wheel drive, etc. Man, I started to feel sorry for Neon owners who were branded as stupid or jerks for buying their car with their money. The SRT-4 may not be my choice for a performance car, but it doesn't bother me in the least if someone else wants to be driving one.

Consequently, if an SRT-4 owner feels persecuted by rex owners they've never met, maybe they need some quality anger management counseling. No need to start a manufacturer blood feud over it.

You did the honorable thing by asking the guy if he needed assistance. It's on him if he couldn't swallow his pride enough to accept your help.

They're just cars, for pete's sake.

--
^ww^
"…axles of evil…" - George W. Bush

maybe that might be the case for 1 incident, but when you see a string of instances, it appears to be an emerging trend. besides, seeing as this is a 16-17yr i highly doubt he paid for this car. and i see too many other fcks acting like that.

im gonna be 18 and have paid for most of the car, but would cockslap myself for even thinking of acting like that.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:35 AM

Car Info: 02 STi
The Guy tried to call me out today...again!!!! At first I didn't want to do it. (trying to cut back) But after Orlando made fun of me for not going..., I was willing to meet him. Then he flaked out! Oh well, til next time!

-freddie

Last edited by 1WRX2NV; 03-10-2003 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:37 AM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally posted by infil
bein a neon owner myself, i already have the firesuit on to take some heat for that guy.

That being said, i'll say this. I have an equal ammount of respect for anyone drivin any tuned car until they either turn out to be full of it, or an ***. We're all in this to have fun, well...most of us. We all get crap from the guys who drive "real cars" who we seem to have a habit of smokin like cheap cigars on a regular basis.
Ya, As long as it is all in fun, I don't mind. I hate it when they get all pissed and carried away. It's isn't fun then. Someone is always gonna be faster....so you never know!!

have fun

-freddie
Old 03-10-2003, 04:11 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
You need to be careful about the whp ratings of different dynos etc. Engine dynos are more accurate, but it may be that Dodge printed a lower number than what it actually has (I can't imagine why they would print 215 and it's more but that may have happened). Most stock WRX's run about 165-170 at the wheels on most dynos - some higher, some lower.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:14 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Re: Obviously rookies....

Originally posted by SRTdriven
Okay I just have to stop all the Bull-shat thats going around the forums regarding rex's and srt-4's. I don't spit B.S. so please if you want flaming go to your uncle *******'s pad this is for real .......
1.) stock for stock pound for pound hands down the SRT-4 will win in a race street or drag. 223Whp 247Wtorque documented dyno numbers.
2.) okay, if you want to rally let me get my friggin peugot or an sti. the srt-4 is not a damn rally car. its a bonafide sports compact car that whoops on your rex. If you have mods okay, now the game changes only a bit unless you have cobb tuning backing your pampered asses. Your wrx is 160 whp hello!!
3.) I have raced 3 wrx's 2 stock and one silver wth a black carbonfiberhood sporting "cobb tuning in black stickers. all killed by an srt-4. Now since there is doubt about the srt-4 I am carrying my digital camcorder just in case. My only loss is to an NSX after I hit 130 he flew by okay!.
4.) to the owner of the black wrx driving in southern california I-5 Southbound @ about 10pm I smoked the hell out of you!!!!!!! I am in the carpool lane red srt-4 a black wrx with catback limo tint pulls up @ about 80mph. I knew he wanted a piece but I wouldn't have it. Just to prove the resillient "*****" of the srt-4 I gave him the signal and off he went I gave em 2 seconds. I tap the brake, downshift to 3rd then 4th then 5th when I stopped @ 130mph ( no traffic) he was easily 6 car lengths.
5.) okay the beauty of all wheel drive, sure you beat us off the line only for about1.5 seconds because when I drop into second you dissipate into the nerdy redneck sister bangin startrekky masturbator freak. I am not saying all owners are like that but c'mon I see em all the time @lake forrest N rockfield.
6.) oooh the sti is coming, well I love quality built cars and value with performance! the nameplate of the srt-4 is just that!!!!! WHen the sti comes out with (true hp ) about 250hp and 240 torque I will be getting stage 2 which is 275hp @ the damn wheels meaning high 12's easy and goodbye sti !!!
7.) ITS NOT THE CAR ITS THE DRIVER\
sorry for the blah blah blah **** but hey, the subaru is the ****!!!! its an awesome car, but for not recognizing that now you need to buy prodrive stage 3 just to get 280 upgrade just to parallel the performance of that of the srt-4 that says something!! recognize that the srt-4 has you and there is( for now) a new ruler for the scc title talk all the crap you want but the fact remains your stock wrx will be had and made into the ***** that it is!!!!!!!!!!!
What the Fck are you doing on an Impreza Club if you have your sick *** neon...Go to your SRT-4 forum, This is an Impreza club.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:16 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Okay I just have to stop all the Bull-shat thats going around the forums regarding rex's and srt-4's. I don't spit B.S. so please if you want flaming go to your uncle *******'s pad this is for real .......
<snip...>
recognize that the srt-4 has you and there is( for now) a new ruler for the scc title talk all the crap you want but the fact remains your stock wrx will be had and made into the ***** that it is!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I am owned by all SRT-4's. I admit it on a public forum and you can quote me. In 1986, I bought a new GLHS Omni (serial plate #391 of 500 made) and it was the sleeper FWD car of the day, too. I know you'll enjoy your new SRT-4. Have a great day!

--
^ww^
"…axles of evil…" - George W. Bush
Old 03-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
SRT-4 is a very well made drag car... that's it.

The interior sucks, the handling sucks... Hows the braking? how does the car feel as turn in?

Dude, don't call it a compact sports car, if there is nothing sports about it.

SRT-4= Compact Muscle Car

Now, take your Dealer Certified Stage 3, at 300hp/300 lb/ft tq and tell me, can you go further?

I mean, tell me. What, can a SRT-4 pull all out? No Nitrous, how much power are you guys gonna put down to the ground? How fast will that be?

I really like the SRT-4, because it's a kick *** drag car. Slick and a limited slip would get you VERY fast numbers. But really, you're can't handle all that well, and you know it. This SRT-4 driver in the first post found that out.

Have fun with your SRT-4, but in my opinion, you're gonna hit the power barrier soon, probably around that 300hp number, and then feel ****ty, cause that's all you can squeeze out...

and seriously, get the **** off our boards dude. I doubt any subaru owners are talking **** on a Dodge board.

-Gagan
Old 03-10-2003, 05:02 PM
joe

Car Info: 2002 WRB Impreza WRX
Man, this guy is a tool! I normally don't get bothered by the "what car is faster than what" or "my car is faster than yours" crap but this makes me want to go out looking for srt-4's to stomp on. AND I CAN!!!! But that would not be a fair race. The Neon would be at a TOTAL DISADVANTAGE (due to my i-speed stage 2 ).

Anyway, bring it SRTdriven...anytime you wanna play just let me know...
Old 03-10-2003, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Re: Wow calm down

Srt-4 was sports compact car of the year
brakes are better than your rex. your handling is better but duh stupid, you have allwheeldrive. anyway the interior doesnt suck and my seats are better the sound of smoking rexes from my exhaust sounds very pleasing actually. if you want to rally sure you'd win but where do you go to rally your uncles barn?? get real street racing or drag pick your poison you lose either way AND unless you want to drive 90 degree turns sure youll handle better, but how many roads do you drive do that anyway?????
Your wrx is a badass machine!!!!! I never said that but you talk crap without reason or logic?? why? does stupidity run in your family or is it just the old" I own one so its better than your car.
So my car is not built in japan so what??? go to japan if imports get you off. I like muscle, badass rides. your car cant touch my car. dont be jealous just move on. BTW what the F K is your problem ****kicker??? I posted just to respond about a rookie 16year old asian kid who bought a yelloe srt-4 and couldn't drive it! I'm 24 and if you have torque steer maybe you need to get in the gym and get some biceps and/or forearms depending on how many times you jack off to your sister j/k . Take care and stay away from the car that made you its ***** the srt-4
yes SRT-4 will win, stock vs stock..

modified WRX vs modified SRT-4, very hard to say..

overall, WRX is a better all around car.

And don't even try to say SRT-4 will smoke the new STi either, because it can't modified or not
Old 03-10-2003, 05:09 PM

im not gonna doubt the srt-4 is fast, but a muscle car it is not. a fwd 2.4l 4-cylinder is very far from a muscle car. i bet if you tried to fit in with the camaro crowd they would probably laugh their *** off.

also, awd doesnt improve handling you ****. sure you can push it a little harder than a rwd car, but it doesnt make it superior. how many race cars have awd? the suspension setup is what makes the impreza a formidable opponent. fwd just isnt a good setup for handling.

btw, you might be 24, but you sound like a 16yr old F&F groupie.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:10 PM

Re: Re: Wow calm down

Originally posted by 1fastGC

And don't even try to say SRT-4 will smoke the new STi either, because it can't modified or not

exactly, the new usdm STi's competition is with cars 3-5x the price of the srt-4.

Quick Reply: O.t.: Wrx - 1 / Srt4 - 0